Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

9 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It’s pretty clear the orcs were told if they retreat they’ll be killed. 

But why blow your brains out instead of surrendering?

Because they're told horror stories (lies) about what Ukraine will do to them if captured.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

He kept refusing to commit to battle, likely seen as a betraying act in Putin's mind.  If he dies and a some military hardliner suddenly comes to power, it will make total sense.  

IIRC he's tried to order the military to invade and they have refused. They will fight to defend their country but have no interest in invading Ukraine.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

Because they're told horror stories (lies) about what Ukraine will do to them if captured.

Or what Wagner or the Chechens will do to them if they are captured and used for prisoner exchanges and end back up in Russian hands.

war battle GIF by Showtime

• Haha 1

I think it's a bit of both. A) They've been conditioned to avoid becoming trade bait for Ukrainian POWs, and b) after they get used as trade bait, they'll be executed anyway, so it's a double betrayal of the motherland. Probably mix in a little fear-mongering about what will happen to them while in Ukrainian custody.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, SquishMitten said:

I think it's a bit of both. A) They've been conditioned to avoid becoming trade bait for Ukrainian POWs, and b) after they get used as trade bait, they'll be executed anyway, so it's a double betrayal of the motherland. Probably mix in a little fear-mongering about what will happen to them while in Ukrainian custody.

Which is believable to them based on how they see russia treat its pows 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

He's on Surly, so it wouldn't be hard since:

• 48% of us are doctors
  • 48% of us are attorneys
  • 2% of us are doctors and attorneys
  • 2% of us are neither doctors nor attorneys
  • 2% of us aren't good at math.

The other 2% are 3%ers

44 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That seems odd though - Lukashenko is firmly in Putin's pocket - he's only in power because of Putin.

Putin has been pushing Lukashenko to declare war, invade and go all in on supporting Russia.  Lukashenko has done a lot, but would not go all in as I believe he worried his people would rise up against him including his military who don't want to do that.

But Putin's goal is to annex Belarus which I think Lukashenko did not want, and if there was an uprising in Belarus Russia would roll tanks in and stop it and take over which really just speeds up the annexation process. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I doubt they realize the UKR military is more westernized and will treat them humanely, for the most part.   All they know is the horror stories passed down from Chechnya where the Muslims beheaded, tortured, murdered and stuck detainees in pits.  My guess is they only know the Russian way.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, ABSR said:

But Putin's goal is to annex Belarus which I think Lukashenko did not want, and if there was an uprising in Belarus Russia would roll tanks in and stop it and take over which really just speeds up the annexation process. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You mean roll tank in. 

Star Trek Applause GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ABSR said:

Putin has been pushing Lukashenko to declare war, invade and go all in on supporting Russia.  Lukashenko has done a lot, but would not go all in as I believe he worried his people would rise up against him including his military who don't want to do that.

What tanks?

• Hook 'Em 2

The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation reports that Russian troops are regrouping towards the Berkhovsky reservoir! But as the head of the Wagner PMC reports, the Russian Army does not regroup, but simply runs away from positions like the very last rats

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, The Dog said:

The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation reports that Russian troops are regrouping towards the Berkhovsky reservoir! But as the head of the Wagner PMC reports, the Russian Army does not regroup, but simply runs away from positions like the very last rats

Not a step back!

• Haha 2

On 2/24/2022 at 3:05 PM, SimonBolivar said:

I'm shocked by this. How does a military like Russia's not wipe them out in day one?

On 2/24/2022 at 3:18 PM, troph said:

If they make it though the night I’ll be surprised. 

On 2/25/2022 at 5:24 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

To clarify— offer for negotiations in Minsk is absolutely an offer made in bad faith.  Like Hitler inviting Stalin to negotiate in one of his puppet states for an end to World War II. 

On 2/25/2022 at 5:26 AM, NoRagrets said:

They’ll “take Kyiv” but good luck with the whole occupation thing when 100% of the civilians are armed and hate you.

On 2/25/2022 at 5:43 AM, Sawbonz said:

The idea that Putin will stop with Ukraine is laughable. He will next build up his forces on the border of whichever former Soviet NATO member he deems most vulnerable and start alleging corruption atrocities etc and then move in and again threaten nukes if NATO responds. We need to encourage Finland to get belligerent and help them behind the scenes 

On 2/25/2022 at 5:52 AM, utee94 said:

Any offer of "talks" from Putin are bullshit.  To him that means complete Ukrainian surrender.  He has no interest in peace or negotiations.  If he did, it would have happened before the invasion.

On 2/25/2022 at 3:50 AM, Buzzrock said:

Favorite response: “45 million people this goddam stubborn cannot be occupied…”

RIP to those patriots

On 2/25/2022 at 4:09 AM, Buzzrock said:

The prior Ukraine President was on CNN just a little bit ago from the streets of Kyiv holding a rifle and surrounded by other fighters. When asked how long they can hold out he said, “Forever.”

On 2/25/2022 at 4:55 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

“Russian warship, go fuck yourself.” (Lit: Get dicked).

All the people in this video are dead. Don’t worry about gas prices. 

On 2/25/2022 at 4:33 AM, Hefeweizen said:

This is a great read.  Former US Army commander in Europe on how bad the Russian army morale and training is in actuality.

I just wish the west had one iota of the giant balls the Ukrainians are showing.

Went back in time to try to find the original "sunflower seed" babushka. Instead, found some old posts, some of which were prophetic, others that are hilarious in retrospect (but only in retrospect... few of us knew then...)

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Dog said:

The real big problem for the Ruskies is that the MALD's  paint any of the air defense that ding it with active or passive radar as a target for the Ukrainians.  I earlier saw a tweet with mid day Himars launches and I can't help but wonder it is related to this use.  It's wouldn't shock me at all if tomorrow we find out that much of the air defense within a few hundred km of the storm shadow was suddenly taken out today.  

If that is the case, it poses an impossible choice for the Russians, turn on air defense to try to defend the skies and be painted as a target, or no air defense.  Truly a big game changer if this is in fact the case.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

The real big problem for the Ruskies is that the MALD's  paint any of the air defense that ding it with active or passive radar as a target for the Ukrainians.  I earlier saw a tweet with mid day Himars launches and I can't help but wonder it is related to this use.  It's wouldn't shock me at all if tomorrow we find out that much of the air defense within a few hundred km of the storm shadow was suddenly taken out today.  

If that is the case, it poses an impossible choice for the Russians, turn on air defense to try to defend the skies and be painted as a target, or no air defense.  Truly a big game changer if this is in fact the case.  

Don't forget the 1990s-era HARMS we had laying around in storage since the F-14s were retired, that the Ukrainians figured out how to rig up with their Mig-29s.

This has literally become a weapons laboratory for NATO systems of all different types, complete with a snazzy 1960s-era commercial for the MALDs.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Same, and I don’t have the slightest damn clue which rep selection is the most correct choice. 

42 minutes ago, Deej said:

I'm so hard right now. 

I want to buy one.  I have no way of launching or using it, but I want to buy one, based on that commercial.  

And if we are giving them the "A" models, they are only $30,000 a piece.  Even the A models have a range of 285 miles, up to 30,000 feet altitude.  Those fancier ones are up into the $200k-$300k range, but the things can go nearly 600 miles and loiter.

The next few days are going to be really fascinating to watch play out.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Continue spreading those lies. More suicides means fewer POWs and worthless mouths to feed.

Not saying the Ukrainians should violate the Geneva convention or anything, but put up a forest of dead bodies - disemboweled, eyes gouged out, feet chopped off, castrated, and wearing Colombian neckties - and see how many Russians want to keep attacking. 

• Hook 'Em 1