Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

It is striking how easily authorities and security apparatus just gave the keys to Prigozhin and Wagner.  Besides the question of where and how fast Prigozhin wants to go, there is an open question as to who is actually willing to fight whom on both sides, if it comes to that. In Rostov it appears like no one really gives a shit as long as the streets get swept. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pods said:

Crybar says russian air assets now hitting the Wagner column. Best thing for Ukraine is for this to drag out for weeks. 

I see one blast cloud in the pic posted, so you send one plane to drop one bomb?   I’d send twenty and send a message if I was them.  

5 minutes ago, Pods said:

Rostov. Russian civilians walking around like this is totally normal. 

hypothetical, If that was here and there’s no resistance, you would see many more with their cell phones out filming….   Not that odd that people are checking out what’s going on. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 3

This trustworthy Czech source is saying that Lukashenka and family was indeed on that plane to Turkey. 

He has tried to switch sides before, half-heartedly. I can easily see him choosing Turkey as a place to try and negotiate with the West about his own personal future fate if he thinks that shit is done in Russia. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Pods said:

Reportedly, Wagner has dropped 3-4 helicopters. I saw footage earlier of at least one Pantsir in the Wagner column. 

Footage of the active Pantsir. 18-22 second marks. 

Photo of a burning Russian helicopter. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 4

57 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

He hits Monday. After Church. His troops get blessed early. Theirs are in Service. 

Meanwhile assets move around the city and we will see some more fires and disruptions. If I was (what the fuck are we calling him?) I would fuck up the subways monday morning. 

Go on a ring road, straight at the Kremlin with rapid and mean troops who hate Putin. A Fuck You battalion. 

image.jpeg.6806a719860d0e97a545c658993c6bb3.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

TASS (Russian press service) is reporting that Kadyrov has announced firm support of Putin. 

He also has allegedly directed some of the Kadyrovci to head for south Russia, I assume to ensure adequate TikTok coverage of events. I’m tasking @Helobious to watch comments. 

All I can say is this reminds me a lot of when UConn won the national championship in basketball. The similarities are eerie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Civilians being killed are an X-factor and it will be increasingly important on both sides to convince locals that the other side is responsible. This far Wagner is seeing a relatively pliant population in the zone where it working. Will be key to keep convincing them that they aren’t to blame for collateral damage. Likewise, this is a dangerous move for the Russian regime. 

While Putin wants to end this fast, Prigozhin also needs to deliver some early results (as he’s been doing). Mutineeers are…fickle. That’s kind of their thing. And his group can be expected to be even more fickle. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Putin looks weak as fuck, and totally incapable of controlling things around him, including small civil wars by his hand-picked chef/mercenary. 

Russians are apparently fine with a competent strong man dictator, but they want no part of a weakling. 

“Top of the line.”

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Lol. You’re right. That small group of hired convicts is going to overthrow the Russian government and definitely defeat a military 10x their size

Wagner was a massive global mercenary outfit. The convicts and shit were just the meat they grinded. There’s plenty of troops still there, they’re better trained than what the Russia army has left. 

9 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

So, the world's second largest nuclear power is in a civil war tonight and one side are Nazi's?

Do I have that right?

I believe technically they’re the worlds largest nuclear power, sir. And both sides are Nazis. 

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

That’s because I don’t think anyone knew the scope of what’s happening or what even is going on. Seems like a pretty confusing situation over there. I imagine this gets worked out soon and Wagner stands down. Because if it gets any bigger they’ll be snuffed out.

I’ll spare the jokes everyone else had already made about your track record. I’m sure it’s confusing, yes, for everyone. Including Putin. I doubt Pringles steps down because Putin fired on his troops and put in a kill order on him. The guy basically has no choice but to fight from his point of view, and he’s managed to convince his troops of that. Do you stand down when you face certain death, particularly if you think you have a shit to turn the tide?

• Hook 'Em 7

Haven’t posted in this thread since the invasion - this all is just too sad for me to talk about. 

That said two things 

1) Prigozhin is a bad man, worse in many ways than Putin, so don’t support him because the result for Ukraine is worse and lots to Russian civilians will be dead. 
2) The emperor has no clothes but he still has the army. Until that flips, this coup isn’t sustainable. 

Civil war has to break out in Russia for a coup to be successful. Russian history only repeated itself. It knows only pain. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Haven’t posted in this thread since the invasion - this all is just too sad for me to talk about. 
That said two things 
1) Prigozhin is a bad man, worse in many ways than Putin, so don’t support him because the result for Ukraine is worse and lots to Russian civilians will be dead. 
2) The emperor has no clothes but he still has the army. Until that flips, this coup isn’t sustainable. 

Civil war has to break out in Russia for a coup to be successful. Russian history only repeated itself. It knows only pain. 

The only “good” outcome we are sure if from this is that every Russian or Wagner soldier or piece of kit that gets taken out is one less that can be used in Ukraine.

And MAYBE some Russian military units will abandon their positions in Ukraine to get in on the action at home, or simply to avoid getting killed in an uncertain, pointless war.

But what we’ve know all along is that there are ZERO options for good leadership in Russia. There is no voice of reason there to save them. “And then it got worse.”

We can just hope that we and Ukraine can play the chaos to our advantage. And that Russia consumes itself with fire.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Dispatching Chechens is a sign that the Russian regime both does not fully trust Russians to shoot at Russians, and more evidence at an attempt of narrative control. More palatable for the Russian populace to see Chechens fighting Wagner and any excesses can be pinned on Kadyrov. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1