Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

11 hours ago, BamaATL said:

I go to LA Fitness with my wife, and I have even told her, and she agreed, that should she no longer be here or something unthinkable like that; that the Yoga class is easily the most fertile ground for a guy like me in his mid 40s.  Plenty of ladies in middle life who look like they probably aren't very satisfied with life and looking to have some fun.  Younger fellas, if you want a cougar experience, this is the place.  

Stay away from that Zoomba class bullshit, those people look crazy.  

Between yoga class and trolling TJ Maxx Home Goods on a Friday evening, a gentleman from Surly can probably get decent about of desperate, lonely, 40 year old, divorced poon. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

About that...

It seems Putin has, in fact, announced the dissolution of Wagner PMC. He offered three options to Wagner mercenaries: 1. Sign contracts with Russian defense ministry or other power structures. 2. Return home to their families. 3. Leave for Belarus. Might this be the end of Wagner PMC?

So cancelling all the contracts in Africa and Syria? Withdrawing all the Wagner trainers, fighters, pilots? Losing access to all that cash going into Dubai?

That is what I am watching for. Wagner 2.0. Who will run it. MOD? 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

So cancelling all the contracts in Africa and Syria? Withdrawing all the Wagner trainers, fighters, pilots? Losing access to all that cash going into Dubai?

That is what I am watching for. Wagner 2.0. Who will run it. MOD? 

Doubt that they are canceling contracts...it will be under new management like their McDonald's rebranding to TastyPeriod or whatever bullshit moldy burgers they were selling over there.

I'm definitely curious on who will be heading it though. Only other big Wagner name I know is that evil Dave Campo look-alike, Mikhail Mizintsev who was reassigned a few months ago.

image.png.993a3afdbb56f7d62951d0de582ca04c.png

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, dimyh said:

Doubt that they are canceling contracts...it will be under new management like their McDonald's rebranding to TastyPeriod or whatever bullshit moldy burgers they were selling over there.

I'm definitely curious on who will be heading it though. Only other big Wagner name I know is that evil Dave Campo look-alike, Mikhail Mizintsev who was reassigned a few months ago.

image.png.993a3afdbb56f7d62951d0de582ca04c.png

In some of those countries pressured can be placed. A few of them. We got Moz to kick them out. Mali, Libya, Syria, nope, but do we want to be there anyways? 

Sudan is the target. 

One thing that hit me to day is Frontier Group (Prince) could take over those contracts and just hire existing staff. China cares a lot about stability in Sudan with their oil fields. 

Man, the world is lucky Surly is made up of social degenerates and not truly bad people. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

About that...

It seems Putin has, in fact, announced the dissolution of Wagner PMC. He offered three options to Wagner mercenaries: 1. Sign contracts with Russian defense ministry or other power structures. 2. Return home to their families. 3. Leave for Belarus. Might this be the end of Wagner PMC?

Putin offering Wagner mutineers the option to opt out of service is going to be toxic to the regular army. Too many stories of guys bitching about being put through the meat grinder with no leaves or minimal rotations. They are begging to get off the line and here the president is basically giving a full pardon to guys that were going to march on the capital? That would drive anybody insane.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, dimyh said:

Putin offering Wagner mutineers the option to opt out of service is going to be toxic to the regular army. Too many stories of guys bitching about being put through the meat grinder with no leaves or minimal rotations. They are begging to get off the line and here the president is basically giving a full pardon to guys that were going to march on the capital? That would drive anybody insane.

And don't forget a lot were criminals. That will do wonders for Barracks morale. 

Instead of watching your 12, you are watching your 6. 

• Hook 'Em 4

56 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

In some of those countries pressured can be placed. A few of them. We got Moz to kick them out. Mali, Libya, Syria, nope, but do we want to be there anyways? 

Sudan is the target. 

One thing that hit me to day is Frontier Group (Prince) could take over those contracts and just hire existing staff. China cares a lot about stability in Sudan with their oil fields. 

Man, the world is lucky Surly is made up of social degenerates and not truly bad people. 

And I guess the bigger question is what does Xi think about expanding his military presence in Africa? Since that friendship without limits is working out so great between him and Putin. If Xi sees Russian military projection falter then does he see it as part of a natural power vacuum that they need to fill? 

Russia has that history of ruthlessness but is China willing to, openly, take it to that level? They appear to be more of a systematic oppressor and not a boots 'n bullets taskforce eager to get in scraps. But it would be great to have another reason for friction between 🇨🇳 and 🇷🇺.

6 hours ago, Handcruser said:

This is exactly right.

When you target our troops anywhere (diplomats not included) we fucking bring everything.

No, you fuck with our diplomats we hunt your ass. And we don't stop. Won't be big army. Just different groups do it. Ask the Lebanese about going after our people in Beruit before the Marine Barracks. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

21 minutes ago, dimyh said:

Russia has that history of ruthlessness but is China willing to, openly, take it to that level? They appear to be more of a systematic oppressor and not a boots 'n bullets taskforce eager to get in scraps. But it would be great to have another reason for friction between 🇨🇳 and 🇷🇺.

China likes to pride themselves on being more sophisticated than thugs like Putin and the others running Russia.  Maybe sophisticated is not the right word, but they don't want the kind of reputation that Russians and Russian mercenaries have cultivated.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, dimyh said:

And I guess the bigger question is what does Xi think about expanding his military presence in Africa? Since that friendship without limits is working out so great between him and Putin. If Xi sees Russian military projection falter then does he see it as part of a natural power vacuum that they need to fill? 

Trying to compare China and Russia is like comparing OU vs. aggy. It does not work. 

Xi is already pushing for long term bases, mainly navy, in Africa. Djibouti was a big one for him. Now he is watching the West Coast of the continent. He is trying to press Kenya under their development initiative to take over Mombassa Port's oil side. This is a major bunkering station for a lot of maritime traffic. 

There is a difference of course. China does not abuse the population like Russia does. They just bring in convict labor from China to do the work and hire no one locally except for the shell company. The Palm in Dubai (yeah fuck all you who stay there) was built by convicts who lived on ships. A very quiet deal. You knew about it if you lived there and saw how they operated. Quite a few died at sea, no one cared. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

China likes to pride themselves on being more sophisticated than thugs like Putin and the others running Russia.  Maybe sophisticated is not the right word, but they don't want the kind of reputation that Russians and Russian mercenaries have cultivated.

But they have it, just quietly. Asking my Sudanese friends what they think of the Chinese. Go visit Little China in Santo Domingo or Lima. They will never integrate. They own, they manage, and people disappear. It just not make the news. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

I would reply but I am staring at your avatar. 

The groups that were kidnapping earlier were Lebanese, Hezbollah, Iranian Supported (if you want to get into it), but their support cells were Lebanese. You cannot operate with out local support cells. 

Mossad tried that shit in Dubai and it did not end well. That and they were dumbasses on that operation. 

My point is US Diplomats are not left out as the previous poster suggested. When the Embassy in a certain Latin American country was threatened we had the best of the Army ready to come in. They landed at the international airport and were ready to move. That did not include the Marine's rapid deployment force that has components designed to augment, protect and evacuate US Embassy personnel including dependents. Yeah, I sat in on a few of those briefings as a kid. 

I think the OG poster may be trying to go CR. I won't go there on this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

The groups that were kidnapping earlier were Lebanese, Hezbollah, Iranian Supported (if you want to get into it), but their support cells were Lebanese Hezbollah/Persian/Shia

You didn't see any Christian or Sunni Lebanese kidnapping Americans. I understand it was/is a complicated and messed up scene, but it was almost exclusively the Shia/Iranians that were doing that shit.

1 minute ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

You didn't see any Christian or Sunni Lebanese kidnapping Americans. I understand it was/is a complicated and messed up scene, but it was almost exclusively the Shia/Iranians that were doing that shit.

There are questions about the University professors and who got them. That was never clarified. And yeah, let's over look what the Druze did. 

Tell me you have never been a State kid without telling me you were not a State kid. Shit, next you are going to tell me Brown's upper level class on Latin Revolutions (80% Mexico) is where you learned about Latin America. 

Fuck it, back to the topic. 

My point was if an embassy is threatened, DOD, all assets, assist. 

Fuck Russia. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It was mostly USAF drones, F-22s, and an AC-130 raining metal on them. Another reminder of the American way of war. 

I may have read it here, but an apocryphal anecdote on how to figure out in the dark what soldiers you heard shuffling about nearby in World War II. Fire one shot above their heads: 

- If they surrender, it’s the Italians 

- If the reply is disciplined, crisp rifle fire it’s the Brits

- If they unleash all hell with a machine gun it’s the Germans

- If you’re met with silence and then your position is obliterated with artillery or an air strike, it was Americans 

Still not 100 percent clear how many Wagners were at that fight, though. 

Damn good one. And the Turks went back for Shisha time.

Rumors are SF was there to augment, take and control. Not front line. The USAF controllers owned the sky and Army owned the permitter with SDF kicking some ass. 

The stories are out there. Have heard them and they are validated. 

Russia still sucks worse than Jimbo's contract. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

About that...

Shouldn’t there be a fourth option?

4. Go back to prison.

4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It was mostly USAF drones, F-22s, and an AC-130 raining metal on them. Another reminder of the American way of war. 

I may have read it here, but an apocryphal anecdote on how to figure out in the dark what soldiers you heard shuffling about nearby in World War II. Fire one shot above their heads: 

- If they surrender, it’s the Italians 

- If the reply is disciplined, crisp rifle fire it’s the Brits

- If they unleash all hell with a machine gun it’s the Germans

- If you’re met with silence and then your position is obliterated with artillery or an air strike, it was Americans 

Still not 100 percent clear how many Wagners were at that fight, though. 

I read that the WWII Germans complained that the Americans were not “real” soldiers; they did recon with artillery (I.e. instead of sending troops to reconnoiter a forest, the Americans would just blow the hell out of it and see if anyone came running out). 

There’s an advantage to being a citizen, rather than a subject. 

• Hook 'Em 5

5 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

There are questions about the University professors and who got them. That was never clarified. And yeah, let's over look what the Druze did. 

Tell me you have never been a State kid without telling me you were not a State kid. Shit, next you are going to tell me Brown's upper level class on Latin Revolutions (80% Mexico) is where you learned about Latin America. 

(not so) fun fact- Steve Kerr's father was killed at the university.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Something that is bugging the shit out of me - why was Shoigu in civilian attire.

I get the reason why Putin had today’s meeting advertised far and wide to the Russian people and the rest of the world, but in terms of showing confidence in Shoigu….

Disagree Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

His cosplay uniform was at the dry cleaners.  

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, statsman said:

Before Ukraine, Wagner were pretty much experienced Russian troops, kind of their approximation of Blackwater (although they took on larger and more aggressive assignments than Blackwater). 

In Ukraine, they augmented with poorly trained penal troops, used as cannon fodder, as described elsewhere. We’ve read other reports of conscripts being shipped to Wagner (rarely ethnic Russians from major cities). I’m guessing the cannon fodder is getting paid a whole lot less than the experienced Wagners. (And I’m guessing experienced Wagners make a lot more than regular Russian troops, and wouldn’t be surprised if that were a source of resentment). 

With hard feeling between regular Russian troops and Wagner, rolling veteran Wagner troops into the Russian army may involve a big cut in pay, eating some shit, and being given the most dangerous assignments with minimal support. 

That’s a shame. 

They’re going to tear each other apart if they just get randomly integrated across many units. Neither side will have the slightest bit of trust in the other. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 3

Lukashenko has supplied thousands of tons of material, equipment, and armaments to Russia. What he has failed to do is send Russia meat for the grinder. I think this movement of Wagner troops into Belarus, where the military warehouses are bare is a message to Lukashenko to provide said meat or there will be repercussions.

CHIEF

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

21 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I know if I’m a dictator with a tenuous grasp on power, I’m definitely welcoming a mercenary group that just committed mutiny against another dictator with a tenuous grasp on power.

Luka ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

Apparently, he can't do anything about it even if he does know what's going on.  The python has him wrapped up. 

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I know if I’m a dictator with a tenuous grasp on power, I’m definitely welcoming a mercenary group that just committed mutiny against another dictator with a tenuous grasp on power.

Luka ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

Is he still in turkieyei?

• Haha 3

When I was paying attention to this in real time Saturday, it was being reported that as part of the "deal" to stand down, Shoigu and Gerasimov were being fired (with some of the twitter folks even arguing (and it seemed super far fetched to me at the time) that Putin was in on this as a method of getting rid of those 2).  Clearly at some point that fell apart.  Was that just fog of war noise?  I didn't really go back and review the 24-36 hour period where I was just seeing bits and pieces of info but didn't see how and when that stopped being an assumption.