Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

7 hours ago, PTINS said:

I  owe y'all for the off topic pics.

By bad, Olga is from xxxxxx, in the sanskrit pants. Ella (RIP), is from Ukraine, in the blue. image.thumb.jpeg.7932745cde9123585d4a329a643b4db5.jpeg

Master class w/ Doug Swenson. Ella's core is the only core from Ukraine that should be exposed. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a323efa63caf0df73e8ce890a3e3b763.jpeg

Ella & J helping me with my stiff ... back.

071013(18).thumb.JPG.fb4a67391569041def5a2b5eb52a2d4e.JPG

Master class w/ Brian Kest.     

090212(24)BKest.thumb.JPG.d176cf931e4c2899df0db8d669f9423d.JPG

Going away luncheon. My yoga friends are my best friends.  The manager kept bringing me drinks.

081008J(3).thumb.JPG.fff319efc03a56bb8568e4af66acf5b8.JPG

#1 all time, any where, in all my born days. 

100424RT(25).thumb.JPG.63dfc1c9a2a35f482f44ba7e3af4217a.JPG

Peak yoga for me, age 54, 2010.

100424RT(27)shop.thumb.jpg.499d3863c57267092d6f2466de324268.jpg

Trail Ridge Road, Mountain National Park, Colorado, elevation 12,000+ ft,  above the tree line.  I was the only tree standing during a lightning snow storm. Had this part of the Park to myself.  This is my Karma. Namaste, and Slava Ukraini!20120729RMNP.thumb.JPG.d7723a99f6f6d2ec4fe40fe7b6b4c458.JPG

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

07 12 07 (26).JPG

impressive-impressed.gif.916efa1996f8f3adb4663569d7493311.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, I do enjoy what the "conspiracy theory" crowd (also overlaps heavily with pro-Putin types) has to say.  From a comment on a friend's post (he's a weird friend):

See, guys...it's all a psy-op....the shooting down of Russian planes by Wagner was all fake video or something, I guess.  Wagner is going to shift to Belarus...and invade Ukraine from Belarus.  Which will work, because NATO is out of ammunition.  And Putin doesn't bluff (so, looking for the explanation of his spring to Kyiv....then withdrawal leaving behind a shitload of dead Russians and busted armor.)  We could "negotiate" and stop this (read: give Putin everything he wants, embolden and further empower him, and favor Russia).

Gave me a good chuckle this morning.

We all should’ve known that Putin does not bluff when we saw London, France, Germany and Poland destroyed by nuclear arms. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

wanted to check up on scott ritter and see how he's taking the news.  a quick twitter search shows he was just on a podcast with rfk Jr.  know what's good for your presidential ambitions?  platforming pedos.

Need to do a wellness check on Douglas MacGregor as well.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Have you been to Russia 10 times smart guy? Do you even realize that the counteroffensive is not going well due to Ukraine being forced to use Nerf artillery?

Funnily enough, I've actually read that in some TikTok comments. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

Pierogi speaks:

Summary of Prigozhin's 26 June address to clarify the situation: it was to demonstrate protest against the "destruction of PMC Wagner, not toppling the Russian authorities": What were the prerequisites for the March for Justice? - PMC Wagner carries out tasks around the world. It was meant to stop existing on 1 July 2023. “Employees” all refused to sign the contract with MoD, only 1-2% decided to join the Russian army. - The original plan was to go to Rostov on 30 July and transfer all vehicles to MoD, which were ready for transport. - Despite any aggression, Wagner suffered a missile attack, followed by helicopter attack. Around 30 PMC Wagner fighters died. This triggered an immediate decision to move out early and respond militarily. - Throughout the 24-hour march, one column went to Moscow, another to Rostov. They made 780 km of progress in one day. They regret being forced to attack the army aircraft but the bombs were dropped which caused the response. During the march, all military objects on the way were blocked and disarmed. None of the military have died on the ground. - The objective was to not allow destruction of Wagner and take to responsiblity those who with their unprofessional actions made a huge number of mistakes during the SMO. All the military met along the way supported this. - Wagner stopped when the advanced storm unit deployed artillery, conducted reconnaissance and realised a lot of blood will be shed in an upcoming battle. They decided that demonstration of the protest was enough, and turned around. - Factors that made Wagner turn around: first, they didn’t want to shed Russian blood. Secondly, they wanted to demonstrate their portest, not overtake the authority in Russia. - Lukashenko offered to find solutions for further legal operation of Wagner legally. Columns turned aroound and went back to field camps. - The march showed many things demonstrated before. Serious secruity concerns around the country. All military bases and airfields were blocked. - If actions on 24 Feb 2022 were done by forces as trained as Wagner, the special operation could have ended in 1 day. This shows the level of organisation that the Russian army should be following.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Prigo seems to think Wagner will continue to operate and that he will continue to lead it.

That was a fascinating article about Wagner‘s role in Africa. One question I have is whether Prigo can cause enough problems for Putin in Africa/is valuable to Putin in Africa to protect him from assassination. I guess this depends upon Wagner’s loyalty if he is killed. But it seems to me it would make sense that if you kill Prigo, there are a lot of people who will step up and want to be an oligarch Billionaire and take over Wagner. I assume this will be one of Prigo’s  right hand men.  

I do agree that Russians lying constantly about what they did or will do is seen by the west as far more important than it deserves, substance wise. 

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

That was a fascinating article about Wagner‘s role in Africa. One question I have is whether Prigo can cause enough problems for Putin in Africa/is valuable to Putin in Africa to protect him from assassination. I guess this depends upon Wagner’s loyalty if he is killed. But it seems to me it would make sense that if you kill Prigo, there are a lot of people who will step up and want to be an oligarch Billionaire and take over Wagner. I assume this will be one of Prigo’s  right hand men.  

I do agree that Russians lying constantly about what they did or will do is seen by the west as far more important than it deserves, substance wise. 

He could, and yes, there are others who would love to step in. The issue is the deals are rarely with Russia, but direct with Wagner. For instance, the contract for Sudan is with the Sudanese transitional government and Wagner, with Russia's blessing. Do not know who brokered for the Libya venture. Have heard it is the UAE footing the bill. 

The failure for them was Mozambique and countering the insurgency. Both Wagner and Frontier (Erik Prince) failed. Now the Rwandan army with the blessing of the African Union and South African's are kicking some insurgent ass. 

If Prigo goes, his senior leadership will as well. Probably down to the Colonel level judging from previous purges in Russia. Rank and File just move to another PMC that Putin forms and pushes on the African Nations. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Probably so. But every minute he remains alive and sending out public messages Putin becomes weaker. 

Why is he alive?

His senior commanders also know the secrets of the state. That could be one reason he is still alive. Kill Prigo and they go public. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And Putin doesn't bluff (so, looking for the explanation of his spring to Kyiv....then withdrawal leaving behind a shitload of dead Russians and busted armor.)  We could "negotiate" and stop this (read: give Putin everything he wants, embolden and further empower him, and favor Russia).

He already gave his explanation when he met with the African leaders. Russia voluntarily withdrew because they (air quotes) signed a treaty with Ukraine through negotiations with Turkiye that Ukraine promptly reneged on. 

Just more horseshit. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

The only thing he's missing here, IMO, is that Putin doesn't value competent leadership in charge of the military. He values a military that won't plot a successful takeover. Shiogu's incompetence isn't a bug. It's a feature. No one wants to install Shiogu as the leader of Russia. That makes him extremely valuable to Putin in ways that go beyond being a successful military leader. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

@956 Worldwide  and anyone interested. DW Article on Wagner in Africa from two days go. No paywall but a pain in the ass to post here. 

https://www.dw.com/en/russias-wagner-group-in-africa-more-than-mercenaries/a-64822234

WOTR has a good analysis up on how Wagner in AF can blow back on Russia in the form of jihadism.

https://warontherocks.com/2023/06/jihadi-blowback-the-wagner-groups-hidden-downside/

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

WOTR has a good analysis up on how Wagner in AF can blow back on Russia in the form of jihadism.

https://warontherocks.com/2023/06/jihadi-blowback-the-wagner-groups-hidden-downside/

Yep, sure could, but from what area? Central Asia perhaps, but their internal security organizations keep that shit under wraps for the most part. 

And doubt many in Russia or Central Asia are aware of the abuses in Africa. Mali is perhaps the best example of what Wagner has done. In Libya they have stat

• Hook 'Em 1

If Pringles is taken out and there are remaining Wagner units in Africa that refuse to align with the MoD that are disavowed by the Russian government, I could see the 3rd Special Forces Group continuing the “Find Out” portion of Wagner’s “Fuck Around” experiment in Syria in 2018. 

• Hook 'Em 7

I know Wagner troops are supposed to sign a contract with RU MOD soon. I’m sure the convicts will sign easily. 

What about the trained ones? Will they have the option of not signing and be out of a job? Will Putin just drop the pretense and say sign or die? 

You have to wonder if one’s (not sure how many that is) that are pissed at Putin could cause lots of problems if integrated with regulars. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, I do enjoy what the "conspiracy theory" crowd (also overlaps heavily with pro-Putin types) has to say.  From a comment on a friend's post (he's a weird friend):

See, guys...it's all a psy-op....the shooting down of Russian planes by Wagner was all fake video or something, I guess.  Wagner is going to shift to Belarus...and invade Ukraine from Belarus.  Which will work, because NATO is out of ammunition.  And Putin doesn't bluff (so, looking for the explanation of his spring to Kyiv....then withdrawal leaving behind a shitload of dead Russians and busted armor.)  We could "negotiate" and stop this (read: give Putin everything he wants, embolden and further empower him, and favor Russia).

Lulz. The whole Belarus 5d chess thing is so stupid. Russia didn’t need to shoot down 6 aircraft and embarrass the nation to put troops in Belarus.

GIF by Giphy QA

• Haha 9

I watched "The Good Shepherd" this weekend and the Russian captive they had under the influence of LSD during the interrogation scene was interesting.

Soviet power is a myth. Great show. There are no spare parts. Nothing is working, nothing, it's nothing but painted rust.

I guess sometimes art imitates life.

• Hook 'Em 5

I’m coming around to thinking-

—Prighozin is no smarter than he looks. Putin gave him Wagner to make Prighozin rich, and to be loyal to Putin. Prighozin is a thug, not a soldier 

-some months ago, Prighozin fell out of favor, probably due to bitching

-Prighozin responded poorly to being ghosted by Putin. He spoke more and more out of turn, and acted out. Putin decided to shut the operation down. 

-Prighozin’s midnight run to Moscow was more successful than he could have ever imagined, exposing deep flaws in the Russian social compact. Putin realized before Prighozin where this could lead: a huge mess in Moscow and an ugly popularity contest. 

-Prighozin grabbed the offered lifeline, because things were getting too big for him, too fast. 

-Now, he will probably be dealt with. 

• Hook 'Em 4

18 minutes ago, statsman said:

I’m coming around to thinking-

—Prighozin is no smarter than he looks. Putin gave him Wagner to make Prighozin rich, and to be loyal to Putin. Prighozin is a thug, not a soldier 

-some months ago, Prighozin fell out of favor, probably due to bitching

-Prighozin responded poorly to being ghosted by Putin. He spoke more and more out of turn, and acted out. Putin decided to shut the operation down. 

-Prighozin’s midnight run to Moscow was more successful than he could have ever imagined, exposing deep flaws in the Russian social compact. Putin realized before Prighozin where this could lead: a huge mess in Moscow and an ugly popularity contest. 

-Prighozin grabbed the offered lifeline, because things were getting too big for him, too fast. 

-Now, he will probably be dealt with. 

What do you think the offered lifeline was?  My gut tells me he was offered safe haven in Belarus as long as he doesnt  fuck with the motherland.  Continue to profit from on-going Wager operations and be available for special assignments tbd?  And if they take UKR, installed as defacto leader, provided he is non-hostile to RU and if hes a good soldier, perhaps run Belarus in time?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

What do you think the offered lifeline was?  My gut tells me he was offered safe haven in Belarus as long as he doesnt  fuck with the motherland.  Continue to profit from on-going Wager operations and be available for special assignments tbd?  And if they take UKR, installed as defacto leader, provided he is non-hostile to RU and if hes a good soldier, perhaps run Belarus in time?

Dunno. If it’s not in writing, it’s not worth anything. Moose and squirrel out front shoulda told him. 

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Tend to agree. Don't see how the MOD can trust them with weapon systems at all, so integration of Wagner forces into the army is the way to go.  

Could also have been threats against his family and that of his senior leaders. Cannot believe they were still in Russia. 

@Pig Bellmont beat me to the family story! 

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 3

wait so this was an all just an elaborate protest parade to Moscow by Wagner?  

But I still feel like the Mayor in "The Naked Gun"

"When I see Russian aircraft bombing innocent people in broad daylight surrounded by hundreds of people, I shoot the bastards."

-You shot 7 Russian aircraft.  Good ones" 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Putting him in any kind of leadership position in a vassal state seems like a huge mistake. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

wait so this was an all just an elaborate protest parade to Moscow by Wagner?  

But I still feel like the Mayor in "The Naked Gun"

"When I see Russian aircraft bombing innocent people in broad daylight surrounded by hundreds of people, I shoot the bastards."

-You shot 7 Russian aircraft.  Good ones" 

So who is Enrico Palazzo in this situation

• Haha 4

To anyone paying any attention, Ukrainians don't appear to be willing to accept some Russian puppet thrust upon them. Even if they somehow "win" they can't pacify the populace, they don't have the numbers or the local backing, especially not in the bulk of the country currently not occupied. While regime change is still what Putin wants, I don't think he's stupid enough to try and put a non-Ukrainian in charge like Priggy. That's why he wanted Medvedev in there. I think he also doesn't think he has any hope at taking the entire country this go round (maybe if he can pause the conflict and rearm), so that's why he is settling with trying to destroy everything he can and cripple their entire economy for years so they aren't an active threat while he rearms for the next attempt.

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 7