Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

The craziest thing I learned today is that Prighozin owned a catering company prior to starting Wagner. Like as recently as 2010.

Prigozhin made his fortune not really catering, but fulfilling food contracts for the Russian MoD, schools, and other government entities. He was in the restaurant business in the 1990s too. His “catering” company wasn’t really like an event firm. That’s why they called him Putin’s chef. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/30/2023 at 6:54 AM, Bevo said:

Every few weeks or so I'll see an officer in Futures Command. Any one of those guys could keep this board entertained for weeks. Unfortunately, I don't know what is secret vs. common knowledge so I keep it to myself. Plus, I don't ever get into specifics but keep it topical such as the future of tanks in modern warfare.

I should ask about cheap, mass produced drones. Because it does seem like that is something we are going to need to do or at least something we need to combat. And it does seem somewhat curious to me that drones could accompany stealth fighters and stealth helicopters. It seems to somewhat defeat the purpose of stealth if you increase the footprint or create multiple footprints in the sky. I imagine though that the drones would be somewhat distant from the plane so while there would be lots of things in the sky, it would be hard to get a radar lock to hit any individual drone.

And I imagine the Navy is going to have to totally re-imagine things. They are going to have to stay far away from shore. And carriers might be better off carrying a large number of smaller drones with smart bombs, missiles, and torpedoes rather than large planes with fighter pilots. Using planes as hubs and drones as the combatants is an interesting twist. It would totally change the type of planes and drones needed.

They are already flying

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2023/03/08/us-air-force-eyes-fleet-of-1000-drone-wingmen-as-planning-accelerates/

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

That's how he made his wealth and got into the halls of power in Russia. Government catering contracts. The PMC stuff started after that. Because obviously your cater is the best person to put in charge of a private military you need for deniability reasons. 

More accurate to say that the halls of power got him into the (crazily successful) food supply business. He was a bit player in the world of 1990s St. Petersburg where Putin was a city official, but he got enough of a start there to get dragged along when Putin made the big jump and started surrounding himself with the old Petersburg crew and it paid off big for Prigozhin for a while. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, elfenix said:

best steven seagal movie is air force 1. 

Leguizamo's character in The Menu is inspired by Seagal. Apparently Seagal was such a dick during the production of Executive Decision they killed off his character early and had Leguizamo's character fill in for Seagal. According to Leguizamo, Seagal is a very shitty person which I believe. So he used Seagal as inspiration for his Menu character which is a washed-up has been former movie star.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, F250 said:

Leguizamo's character in The Menu is inspired by Seagal. Apparently Seagal was such a dick during the production of Executive Decision they killed off his character early and had Leguizamo's character fill in for Seagal. According to Leguizamo, Seagal is a very shitty person which I believe. So he used Seagal as inspiration for his Menu character which is a washed-up has been former movie star.

I pray this is true.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

That chopper seems kinda close....seems like Ukraine could send up a few decoy drones, let them get "chased," and then whip them around to zip over to the chopper and blow up sending a bunch of schrapnel into the chopper.

• Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

That chopper seems kinda close....seems like Ukraine could send up a few decoy drones, let them get "chased," and then whip them around to zip over to the chopper and blow up sending a bunch of schrapnel into the chopper.

Hit the brakes and he’ll fly right into us…

kaboom

????

profit

• Hook 'Em 4

8 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I pray this is true.

"I've met lots of these stars like that, maybe before they were washed up," he says. "I mean, now they're washed-up. I kind of based mine on Steven Seagal. I had a bad run-in with him. We did a movie together. It was Executive Decision. He's kind of a horrible human."

https://ew.com/movies/john-leguizamo-steven-seagal-the-menu-interview/

I was doing this thing called Executive Decision and I was supposed to play the sergeant to his captain. The first day of rehearsal, there was the director [Stuart Baird], Joe Morton, B.D. Wong, Oliver Platt—we’re all big actors, we’re all big boys, we’re all experienced. And we start rehearsing and he came in and was like, [low, breathy voice] “I’m in command. What I say is law.” So I started, like, [snorts]. I mean, who the fuck talks like that? Who comes into rehearsal and says that shit? So I started laughing and he slammed me with an aikido elbow against a brick wall and knocked all the air out of me. I dropped to the ground, and all I could say was, [gasping] “Why? Why?” I really wanted to say that he runs like a bitch and has no hair, but I was afraid. [Laughs.] So on the days when we shot the scene where he died, I showed up so early. I wanted to see him die. It was like a fantasy.

https://www.avclub.com/john-leguizamo-on-returning-to-the-stage-and-antagonizi-1798234082

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, F250 said:

Geez, "What happened to Seagal" is one heck of a rabbit hole.

https://www.looper.com/22997/whatever-happened-steven-seagal/

In 2009, Seagal's side gig became the basis for a reality show on A&E called "Steven Seagal: Lawman." ... Sadly, Seagal reportedly resigned from the force after he found himself the subject of an internal affairs investigation that, according to the Phoenix New Times, sought to uncover the truth about "allegations of sex trafficking and sexual assault." 

In October 2017, "Inside Edition" correspondent Lisa Guerrero told The Hollywood Reporter about a 1996 audition for Seagal's "Fire Down Below," after which she said he summoned her to his home for a "private rehearsal." She declined, and the lead role she said she was promised went to another actor. Television personality Jenny McCarthy also spoke out, saying Seagal demanded she take off her dress during an audition for "Under Siege 2." 

Several more allegations later...

It quickly became apparent that simply directing a publicist to deny alleged assaults wouldn't be enough, and Seagal went on the offensive, using an appearance on right-wing fringe conspiracy theorist Alex Jones' InfoWars network to claim he was the victim of a vast, well-funded conspiracy.  Read More: https://www.looper.com/22997/whatever-happened-steven-seagal/

He's had opportunities for a comeback.

Sylvester Stallone's 2010 hit "The Expendables" showed that there was still a big audience out there for '80s-style action movies, as well as '80s-style action heroes. ... Stallone reportedly offered Seagal a spot in the ensemble, but he turned it down. The reason: Seagal hates one of the movie's producers, Avi Lerner, with whom he worked on several of his direct-to-video features. 

Hey, look, we've come around to being on topic again:

...[Seagal] also came out in support of Putin's controversial intervention in Crimea. That got him dropped from a gig performing at a blues festival in Estonia. After Putin personally granted Seagal a Russian passport in 2016, the actor was banned from entering the Ukraine.... 

oh good Lord, this is getting comically evil

But while getting served with papers over sexual misdeeds is sadly not that uncommon in the world of showbusiness, what's less common is getting sued for puppy murder. But as with so many things in life, here Steven Seagal once again breaks the mold.  

Good Lord...:

According to Julia Sweeney, Seagal wanted to perform a sketch where he played a therapist who wants to sleep with a rape survivor.

I've left a TON of things out, and that's just the Looper article.

Damn, what a shithead.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Chimpo said:

I’m slowly becoming more convinced zeihan is really a clandestine glue sniffer. 

Take a drink every time he

• Mentions he’s inColorado
  • Makes sure and frames his videos so that you know he’s in Colorado
  • Mentions Russia as an empire
  • Mentions Russia has been invaded many times
  • Mentions that Russia needs to take geographic barriers to protect themselves from everybody else.
  • Mentions nukes
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1