Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

One of those videos showed a drone dropping smoke grenades - I saw this mentioned in a FB discussion I'm in about artillery, and they said the Ukrainians have got drone operators moving with the mechanized units, and they are using them to drop smoke grenades on the Russian positions for Ukrainian tanks and mechanized infantry to target.  It's simple but stunningly effective for a fellow soldier to be marking enemy positions a mile or two away from you with smoke grenades. Increases the survivability of the armored units, while increasing the amount of death/destruction visited upon the enemy.

Yeah, we are seeing all kinds of advancements in warfare, but the drone stuff is still wild - as has been mentioned many times, we're going to have to do the same in the US. 

Probably need a few new MOSes - the US Army has a 15W - Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Operator, and I suppose it could fall under that, but I can think of quite a few variations on this that would require a lot of specialized training beyond simply piloting a UAV.

• Hook 'Em 7

31 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

One of those videos showed a drone dropping smoke grenades - I saw this mentioned in a FB discussion I'm in about artillery, and they said the Ukrainians have got drone operators moving with the mechanized units, and they are using them to drop smoke grenades on the Russian positions for Ukrainian tanks and mechanized infantry to target.  It's simple but stunningly effective for a fellow soldier to be marking enemy positions a mile or two away from you with smoke grenades. Increases the survivability of the armored units, while increasing the amount of death/destruction visited upon the enemy.

Yeah, we are seeing all kinds of advancements in warfare, but the drone stuff is still wild - as has been mentioned many times, we're going to have to do the same in the US. 

Probably need a few new MOSes - the US Army has a 15W - Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Operator, and I suppose it could fall under that, but I can think of quite a few variations on this that would require a lot of specialized training beyond simply piloting a UAV.

You know that if we don't, China will. And likely already have.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Maybe Russia shouldn't have been using all of those S-300s in ground-attack mode?

Speaking of that, the Uke's now are using a variant of Neptune missile for land based attacks.  This apparently is what took out the S-400 in Crimea.  

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukraine-now-using-land-attack-neptune-anti-ship-missile-variant

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I suppose they can use ground shipping for cargo 200's, maybe some of those scooby vans.  Pskov is quite a way from the front.  

And presumably, those didn't come from Ukraine.  They were launched from Russian territory.

So that is to say that there are Ukrainian SpecOps teams running around Russia with dozens of drones that they can launch virtually anywhere.  Based on the numbers being thrown around on this attack (more than 20 drones), that's more than a couple of guys in a Lada.  That's a bunch of people running around with a lot of drones in multiple vehicles.

The question right now isn't "what air defense doing."  It's "what FSB doing."  At least, that's what the Air Force is asking.  How in the fuck is the FSB so clueless that they're letting Ukrainian SpecOps run around Russia with impunity armed with drones?  From what we've heard, not a single fucking Ukrainian has been caught inside Russia.  But they're obviously there.

• Hook 'Em 6

Drone spots 6 dead Russians directly next to an occupied position. The drones decided to see if they could help contribute to the pile. 

On a side note, just wow. Your own dead left haphazardly next to where you sleep and eat. The truly don’t give a shit. Unless…they’re trying to grow a meat cube. That would make sense.

https://twitter.com/bigSAC10/status/1696537969157382246

(Y U no embed?)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

27 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Drone spots 6 dead Russians directly next to an occupied position. The drones decided to see if they could help contribute to the pile. 

On a side note, just wow. Your own dead left haphazardly next to where you sleep and eat. The truly don’t give a shit. Unless…they’re trying to grow a meat cube. That would make sense.

https://twitter.com/bigSAC10/status/1696537969157382246

(Y U no embed?)

Maybe I’m terrible at seeing it but I see no signs of anyone being alive in that hole.  More like the location was bombed to shit, they piled the bodies and took off.  

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

It really is wild how shitty they treat their dead and wounded.  Speaks so much about Russian society.

As far as meat cubes, needs a lot more meat apparently.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Hahaha

The way he says "Deeper and deeper" and she gives him a knowing nod...

Ryan Reynolds Movie GIF

So if they continue hitting bases pretty far away from Ukraine, Russia will either continue to have to take the losses, or have to redeploy air defenses from Crimea/LPR/DPR/border regions.

And given how their command and control structure is, that is going to be Shoigu or Gerasimov ultimately making that decision, and they will fuck it up.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Parliament said:

I hate to say it out loud, but that might be the start of a rout.

I hope so but realistically they’re going to hit the next set of trenches and then move east/west to expand their penetration’s girth (giggity) then use himars/drones/jets to cut off crimea and choke them out. 

• Hook 'Em 2