Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

So guess they are scared. Adding that much flight time to hit apartments when under sanctions is a bit odd. Either way, fuck em. Time to launch patriots up over Belarus. 

About a month ago Izvestia reported gasoline shortages at fuel stations across Russia.  I know nothing about this field, but I would expect the shortages include aviation fuel. And as Russia tries to avoid sanctions by using middleman, I have to think that some of it is stolen or siphoned off, and there’s not much Russia can do about that given the fact that they are illegally going around sanctions. 
I’m just guessing, but I’m thinking flying 3000 km to drop a bomb on an apartment is not a long-term logistics success strategy for those idiots.
  • Hook 'Em 4

56 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

The Wagnerites are such fucking pussies. Your god was blown out of the sky and you did nothing. Now you whine about not being able to get a job flipping burgers at Burger King? Fuck you, you losers. 

54 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  They were perfectly fine shooting and murdering Ukrainian civilians.  How about you show just 1/10th of a testicle worth of fortitude, and shoot one of your REAL enemies: the Russian elite who used you and discarded you?

Until Russians start turning their guns away from Ukraine and towards Putin and his buddies, they will remain in a world of shit.

You guys speak pretty tough. I dare ya'll to go to Belarus and start shit at their favorite vodka bar in Minsk minus the green combat van.

image.jpeg.6429f70b1ded37d2b38618003c34889c.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

All right, I’ll be jumping on a plane in about two hours and touching down in Riga next day. Riga has become kind of a major hub for (real) dissident Russians and also of course a leader on Ukraine and countering Russian influence. 

Will report back. It’s gonna be a nice feeling to be back close to the action. 

Don't embarrass Surly while you're over there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I want to believe.

This so so awesome that a country with no navy is doing in Russia’s Black Sea fleet.

I’m sure there are some US admirals watching with grave concern. There damned sure should be. Not that the BSF compares but there’s some serious asymmetric warfare going on that we could be on the receiving end of if we aren’t careful.

I sure as shit hope that the Pentagon has a rather robust office of "the study of new shit that could absolutely fuck our shit up."  And presuming they do have such an office....they need to hire a LOT more help to analyze all the new shit that has come to light.  And even new ways of working with/using old shit (tube artillery, land mines).  This war is a real-world display of modern warfare, how much it has evolved, and how fast it is evolving in real-time.

Creativity and being on the cutting edge of technology....and not being snobby about "new technology," it ain't just the fancy shit the boys in the lab came up with, it's the cheap off-the-shelf shit that can be easily adapted to fuck our shit up...that's the order of the day.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, BamaATL said:

That Vulcano looks like firing artillery from a cubicle.  Must be a welcome to change to operate compared to old Soviet crap.  

image.png.da40afbd4a559d85dc353f6e90abbadc.png

The inside of that German Vulcano is way bigger than you'd think. Looks like the rumors of the US recovering UFOs were true and  NATO now has Tardis technology. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I sure as shit hope that the Pentagon has a rather robust office of "the study of new shit that could absolutely fuck our shit up."  And presuming they do have such an office....they need to hire a LOT more help to analyze all the new shit that has come to light.  And even new ways of working with/using old shit (tube artillery, land mines).  This war is a real-world display of modern warfare, how much it has evolved, and how fast it is evolving in real-time.

Creativity and being on the cutting edge of technology....and not being snobby about "new technology," it ain't just the fancy shit the boys in the lab came up with, it's the cheap off-the-shelf shit that can be easily adapted to fuck our shit up...that's the order of the day.

Well, the DARPA budget has been more or less stagnant and recently trailing inflation since 1996, as of 2021.  2.27 billion to 3.5 billion in that time frame.  Granted this isn't the only means of funding for advanced shit, but yeah.  In 2023 the budget is 4.1 billion.   

Congressional budget review 2021: https://sgp.fas.org/crs/natsec/R45088.pdf

It would seem that the past couple of years should strongly point us towards continuing a robust funding of innovative tech.  While I'm sure we have a robust lead on this sort of stuff, it's probably never enough.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

I want to believe.

This so so awesome that a country with no navy is doing in Russia’s Black Sea fleet.

I’m sure there are some US admirals watching with grave concern. There damned sure should be. Not that the BSF compares but there’s some serious asymmetric warfare going on that we could be on the receiving end of if we aren’t careful.

And the Chinese are watching it carefully too. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I sure as shit hope that the Pentagon has a rather robust office of "the study of new shit that could absolutely fuck our shit up."  And presuming they do have such an office....

Army Futures Command is in Austin and that is absolutely what they do.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Need to be hooking up Taiwan with those Ukrainian sea drones. 

I think we can do one better, if it's been announced 3 years ago, there's a good chance it exists.  Meet the Hammerhead mine platform, doesn't work in the same way, but I'm thinking this would be quite devastating.  

https://breakingdefense.com/2020/10/navy-plans-hammerhead-mines-to-box-in-chinese-russian-subs-bottled-up/

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

And the Chinese are watching it carefully too. 

With the recent strikes on the Russian navy, particularly their ships with air defense systems whose literal job it is to stop such strikes, and with the swarms of air and seaborne drones all of this is going to make a lot of countries have to think long and hard about contested amphibious landings going forward, including the US.

Troop transports and the landing support ships (that park 20-30 miles off shore out of shore artillery range while the smaller craft run into the beachhead) are all big, and almost all are slab-sided, they are slow, and they are not stealthy at all.  

I joke about how the Chinese are going to get thousands/tens of thousands of troops killed with their passenger liners-turned-troop transport that have the radar signature of a skyscraper, but the US Navy/Marines are not doing much better in the size/radar signature department with their troop transports/landing support (although they are more heavily armed/armored and probably have Phalanx systems with the larger ships).  And the Chinese have to deal with the fact that it's Taiwan, who can and are probably cranking some of the electronics for a lot of what the Ukrainians are doing.

If you were a naval planner going forward, and your job was to plan hypothetical amphibious assaults, well, Iraq stymied a full-blown amphibious assault in 1991 in part thanks to cheap mines both in the sea and on land.  Now toss in all of the various missiles and airborne and seaborne drones.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

With the recent strikes on the Russian navy, particularly their ships with air defense systems whose literal job it is to stop such strikes, and with the swarms of air and seaborne drones all of this is going to make a lot of countries have to think long and hard about contested amphibious landings going forward, including the US.
Troop transports and the landing support ships (that park 20-30 miles off shore out of shore artillery range while the smaller craft run into the beachhead) are all big, and almost all are slab-sided, they are slow, and they are not stealthy at all.  
I joke about how the Chinese are going to get thousands/tens of thousands of troops killed with their passenger liners-turned-troop transport that have the radar signature of a skyscraper, but the US Navy/Marines are not doing much better in the size/radar signature department with their troop transports/landing support (although they are more heavily armed/armored and probably have Phalanx systems with the larger ships).  And the Chinese have to deal with the fact that it's Taiwan, who can and are probably cranking some of the electronics for a lot of what the Ukrainians are doing.
If you were a naval planner going forward, and your job was to plan hypothetical amphibious assaults, well, Iraq stymied a full-blown amphibious assault in 1991 in part thanks to cheap mines both in the sea and on land.  Now toss in all of the various missiles and airborne and seaborne drones.

China won’t use troop transports. They’re not stupid. If China decides to take Taiwan they’ll do it with a military already in country - soldiers, assassins, bombers, hackers, etc.

If they need to infil people they can use cruise ships and then paratroopers after anti-air has been taken out. They’ll get creative.

Shit they’ve probably already got a tunnel dug.

5 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

I want to believe.

China is the one that should be puckering the most on their designs to retake Taiwan. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Handcruser said:

China won’t use troop transports. They’re not stupid. If China decides to take Taiwan they’ll do it with a military already in country - soldiers, assassins, bombers, hackers, etc.

If they need to infil people they can use cruise ships and then paratroopers after anti-air has been taken out. They’ll get creative.

Shit they’ve probably already got a tunnel dug.

I think that if there’s one hard lesson for China, it’s gotta be that invading a country that doesn’t want to be invaded with a too-clever by half intelligence driven plan and inadequate troop ratios is gonna get you fucked up. 

• Hook 'Em 3

There is something else. Taiwan sent a lot of people overseas to learn counter subversive tactics. Any business person, which are allowed to come for a short time, it going to monitored. They send their officers AND enlisted to US courses and know the systems. Ukraine is learning on the fly. 

If they go full out Ruskie there are going to be a lot of sunken ships in the straits. Lots of dead paratroopers falling from the sky, and a collapsing economy. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

This is interesting. @956 Worldwide  

So, they control the CSTO, but they get to deploy forces. They did this in Bosnia and Kosovo to protect certain sectors. Few are safe areas today. I can dig up maps, but want your opinion on why they would do this. It does give them an out and would let them keep forces in occupied zones. Fuckers like Mali would vote for this. This lets Russia say, look we tried. And right before Zelensky speaks to the UN. Bitch move. 

3 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

If Russia's intent was not clear, listen to this. He is a regular on shows and this is what the people are hearing. Russia is a Terrorist State. 

Frankly it seems we’re closer to the dissolution of Russia as we know it. Ukraine will be a festering wound for years that Russia is incapable of conquering. The brain drain from Russia and the intense corruption over the last few decades has left them unable to build much of anything effective on a modern battlefield. Other than maybe mines, but I don’t know if those are also from Soviet stockpiles. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

China is the one that should be puckering the most on their designs to retake Taiwan. 

I seriously doubt the US would ever undertake an amphibious landing on enemy shores anywhere in the Pacific or even the ME these days.
China is the one who is high on that apparently.

• Hook 'Em 2

Maksym Zhorin, Deputy Commander of the 3rd Assault Brigade from Bakhmut area: "The consolidation of the Andriivka-Klishchiivka line is the starting point from which we can more realistically talk about the further encirclement of Bakhmut. Taking this line gives us fire control over a part of the city of Bakhmut itself. This is a support line, which is very important for us to implement further plans. However, the official announcement of the capture of these settlements does not mean that the fighting has stopped. We are still fighting to hold them. In my personal opinion, in the near future, the enemy will no longer think about regaining these settlements, but about deterring us and restoring their own forces, and about arranging their defense line. The enemy will definitely inflict damage as much as possible - using artillery, drones, and 'FAB's - to delay our advance. It is too early to talk about serious attempts to counterattack until the units there are replaced with combat-capable ones and the morale of the personnel is improved. The 72nd motorized rifle brigade of the Russian Federation is completely defeated, and we are unlikely to see it on the frontline in the near future, as its command and control is almost destroyed. The 31st and 83rd Air Assault Divisions are severely damaged. All the attached forces like 'Española' just f***ed off. But all this is temporary. As soon as they put the frame back together, they will try to attack again."

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5

13 hours ago, Born to Run said:
14 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:
Yeah, but TRADOC, EUCOM, The J's in the Pentagon and their staffs are watching. add to that SOCOM. DARPA is one thing, all elements have a watch, learn and adapt element. 

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put on K.P

KP is the fucking worst.