Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I fall on the side of not wanting China to contribute weapons to Russia, but, if they do, we will get our hands on more valuable equipment and information that we can use against China in the future.  It's not in China's best interests to let that happen, but we'll see.

Xi speaking tomorrow. 

Purveyors of all things "Soft Strength", the United States Global Leadership Council hosting a very interesting talk about 1 year in as it relates to NATO.  Two former U.S. Ambassadors to NATO are the keynote speakers.  Dial in if you can, should be incredibly eye-opening.  Link login may change in the next few days but bookmark this

https://www.usglc.org/events/ukraine-town-hall-one-year-later/

Fuck Russia.  Fuck U.S. disent.  Happy Channukah.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Purveyors of all things "Soft Strength", the United States Global Leadership Council hosting a very interesting talk about 1 year in as it relates to NATO.  Two former U.S. Ambassadors to NATO are the keynote speakers.  Dial in if you can, should be incredibly eye-opening.  Link login may change in the next few days but bookmark this

https://www.usglc.org/events/ukraine-town-hall-one-year-later/

Fuck Russia.  Fuck U.S. disent.  Happy Channukah.  

I prefer it when you tell me to fuck off and DIAF when promoting a geopolitical round table event, sir.

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I prefer it when you tell me to fuck off and DIAF when promoting a geopolitical round table event, sir.

well,it's gonna be exactly like last time ;) 

Really though, two former NATO ambassadors one free zoom.  that should be worthy of even our most "i do my own research" of assbags.  

I have no idea if this is reputable or not, but according to this, Chinese strike drone deal either already in place or will be shortly.  50 kilo warhead, kamikaze style.  Can I we predator drones sent now please?

https://www.spiegel.de/international/world/the-war-in-ukraine-china-is-reportedly-negotiating-with-russia-to-supply-kamikaze-drones-a-13909157-4740-4f84-830e-fb3c69bc1dff

• Rage+1 4

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I have no idea if this is reputable or not, but according to this, Chinese strike drone deal either already in place or will be shortly.  50 kilo warhead, kamikaze style.  Can I we predator drones sent now please?

https://www.spiegel.de/international/world/the-war-in-ukraine-china-is-reportedly-negotiating-with-russia-to-supply-kamikaze-drones-a-13909157-4740-4f84-830e-fb3c69bc1dff

Sanction the shit out of them.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

1.  I am a big fan of the Polish people, their resolve, and their decisiveness.  Personal opinion, I'm tired of seeing the Germans hold such sway in European matters.  Give me the Poles any day of the week.  

2.  As to the Portuguese Admiral's point about the inoperative nature of their Leopard 2 tanks its quite clear to me that much of Europe (specifically Nato) countries were quite literally asleep at the wheel on defense maintenance.  Of course no one really thought anything this stupid would happen, but it did, and here we are.  

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Der Spiegel is very reputable. Very good investigative reporting.

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

How are they getting from point A to point B?   Maybe something happens along the way. Those Russians are all the time smoking, and accidents happen.

Or maybe just say unless you want us to turn Taiwan into the most fortified country on earth - back the fuck off!

67F3A429-59DB-48A0-899D-BED700089F86.gif.b7474f48b33864e02bf35955dcbd94ce.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Really though, two former NATO ambassadors one free zoom.  that should be worthy of even our most "i do my own research" of assbags.  

Like me, you know some of those types.  They will never do any actual research - they will just find a blog with anonymous comments that agrees with them and call it a day.  Hell, if I had never met my Qanon in-law that's supporting Russia, I would think she's a bot.  She gets angry when presented with quotes/video directly from Putin and other Russian leaders that contradicts what she believes and tries to make an excuse and claim that it's not what they really mean and that they are just messing with the West, but she wholeheartedly agrees when @rusbot32590ska98 on twitter says something good about Russia or bad about Ukraine or the US.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Like me, you know some of those types.  They will never do any actual research - they will just find a blog with anonymous comments that agrees with them and call it a day.  Hell, if I had never met my Qanon in-law that's supporting Russia, I would think she's a bot.  She gets angry when presented with quotes/video directly from Putin and other Russian leaders that contradicts what she believes and tries to make an excuse and claim that it's not what they really mean and that they are just messing with the West, but she wholeheartedly agrees when @rusbot32590ska98 on twitter says something good about Russia or bad about Ukraine or the US.

Truth. I know a couple. I can settle my Dad down by pointing to a contrary fact and telling him he’s parroting agitprop, but others just dig in. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I am pissed because we have a mountain of cluster ammunition in the calibers needed by Ukraine’s artillery. The US is not a signatory to treaties banning its use.  Moreover, Russia is using cluster ammunition.   The more important thing is, Ukraine has no qualms about receiving it and understands that those munitions pose a risk in future - as many smaller clusters do not explode and pose a danger to civilians.  That should be Ukraine‘s decision, not ours.

What is more dangerous to Ukrainian civilians is allowing Russia to ethnically cleanse them all.   Ukraine need shells. We have millions of shells that we could send them. Ukraine has asked for those specific shells knowing the risk. As the US has not signed any treaties saying we cannot use them, we should be sending a mountain of shells and a smaller mountain of barrels that will need replacing after Ukraine expands hundreds of thousands of those on Orcs invading their land. 

I am getting a bit rage-y reading about shell exhaustion when tens of thousands of Ukrainian civilians are being killed by Russia.   It’s like saying we are out of 5.6 ammo to send to Ukraine when we have 50 million green tip 5.6 rounds * that we have decided aren’t suitable to send.  Mind bottling, as it were.

* yeah, I know there is a difference between green tip and  AP, I’m just trying to make a distinction without a good difference example. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

I am pissed because we have a mountain of cluster ammunition in the calibers needed by Ukraine’s artillery. The US is not a signatory to treaties banning its use.  Moreover, Russia is using cluster ammunition.   The more important thing is, Ukraine has no qualms about receiving it and understands that those munitions pose a risk in future - as many smaller clusters do not explode and pose a danger to civilians.  That should be Ukraine‘s decision, not ours.
What is more dangerous to Ukrainian civilians is allowing Russia to ethnically cleanse them all.   Ukraine need shells. We have millions of shells that we could send them. Ukraine has asked for those specific shells knowing the risk. As the US has not signed any treaties saying we cannot use them, we should be sending a mountain of shells and a smaller mountain of barrels that will need replacing after Ukraine expands hundreds of thousands of those on Orcs invading their land. 
I am getting a bit rage-y reading about shell exhaustion when tens of thousands of Ukrainian civilians are being killed by Russia.   It’s like saying we are out of 5.6 ammo to send to Ukraine when we have 50 million green tip 5.6 rounds * that we have decided aren’t suitable to send.  Mind bottling, as it were.
* yeah, I know there is a difference between green tip and  AP, I’m just trying to make a distinction without a good difference example. 
I defer to better informed opinions, but I feel that cluster munitions feeds into a lot of the "both sides commit war crimes" false equivalency talking points? To the (even less) informed than myself it sounds negative and war crime adjacent.

Also does unexploded ordinance not create a problem as Ukraine is trying to retake the very territory they must shell?

(I fully understand the Russian atrocities, terror tactics etc.)
  • Like 1

BOJO as NATO sec general?
Sure, in this timeline, sure why the fuck not.  Keep it coming, universe, you're not even credible with the gags anymore.
You'd think with all the down time this bloke could finally get a proper haircut and stop looking like he got fully pissed at the pub yet again. I mean my beard is getting a bit unruly, but I'm not trying to run fucking NATO.

13 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I defer to better informed opinions, but I feel that cluster munitions feeds into a lot of the "both sides commit war crimes" false equivalency talking points? To the (even less) informed than myself it sounds negative and war crime adjacent.

Also does unexploded ordinance not create a problem as Ukraine is trying to retake the very territory they must shell?

(I fully understand the Russian atrocities, terror tactics etc.)

It absolutely creates a problem.  As I said earlier, the country who is being invaded should have a greater say in what risks it is willing to take in the future by using that ordinance than countries who are NOT being invaded and their citizens slaughtered tortured and raped.

If a country being attacked deems avoiding genocide a greater good to that country than facing future unexploded ordinance, how can we judge? Lord knows they will get aid in removing it if the prevail.  Again, this is not just ‘war as hell’ type stuff, this is the express and clearly and multiply annunciated desire of Russia to destroy Ukraine, its culture, its language, it’s people and it’s sovereignty.

Also, add in that the shells will be used on actual military targets trying to commit genocide against your country.   Add in that same invader is routinely threatening to use nuclear weapons to attack Britain, France, Finland, Sweden, America, and Ukraine.  

I think I’m going to slow my moral indignation roll on Ukraine using cluster shells in that scenario. 

Again, that is only my personal take.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

reminder to our great  twitter thread posters,   for the anniversary "look back" tweets for the next 24 hours or so, you might want to put a note at the top of your post reminding us this was last year.... 

us olds sometimes think its still 2022 at first glance...

The good news is, I don’t think Russia will be amassing miles-long convoys of military vehicles anywhere near Ukraine anytime soon.

FbE5OoMXoAAqoQb?format=jpg&name=small

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is their official policy.  Some jabs taken at Russia, which is surprising.  Not surprising, China urging grain and supply chain stability.

FpshxUpWYAA0B-p?format=png&name=4096x409

Fpshx26XwAIOX4x?format=png&name=large

Pure self serving poppycock, not at all surprising.

1.  China on respecting sovereignty- that's rich, see Tibet and Taiwan (but hey one China doesn't apply!)

2.  Abandonment of the cold war mentality - sure when you are attempting to become a superpower in your own right, I guess you might want everyone to ignore your misdeeds.

3.  Ceasing hostilities - ok, tell Russia to leave, conflict over.  Don't see you doing that.

4.  Peace talks - see 3

5.  Resolving humanitarian crisis - Ok, nice thought again see point 3 (also rich coming from China, maybe they can throw more babies in the river)

6.  POW treatment - I hope you are pointing this at the orcs.

7.  Nothing to argue here - but hey, russia been using these as defense shields

8.  Nuclear saber rattling has been entirely on the russian side.  So maybe we ought do something about the folks doing the rattling?

9.  Of course they want grain deals, lots of mouths to feed

10.  Sanctions - see point 8 and 3 a-holes

11.  Supply chains - ok, you want to trade with the russians freely, we get it, to further your own interests.

12.  Reconstruction - so they want in on this to give leg breaker deals to "help out"

Fuck off Xi

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1