Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

if legit.....holy fuck

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

Remember that's hommade napalm. Ouch.

1 minute ago, troph said:

Holy shit!!!

Saw the clip on Twitter a couple hours ago and it was widely dismissed as from the Maidan Revolution

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I admire his courage but we are right.

I've thought that as well.  I'm guessing he is smart enough to know what Russia will do once he is dead and still thinks this is the best course of action.  Perhaps him, the Klitschkos, and the citizens of Kyiv fighting to their death will help galvanize a nation to resist their oppressors for as long as necessary.

4 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

From the 2014 Maidan Revolution 

To make it pertinent, the people who risked their lives to have any chance of a democracy and ties to Europe in 2014, are many of the same people who are willing to say fuck you to Putin's invasion. 

2014 wasn't an invasion, but it was a really elephant balls dropping, months long protest facing off against a ruthless security force.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

He is doing his country a far greater service by staying, fighting, inspiring, and dying if necessary.

To a point but dead is half of what russia wants. Leaderless Ukraine is worse than him getting out when he has to to keep leading from elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I'm sure there is a chain of command. He isn't a dictator after all. I do admire him though. Not sure I'd be able to find the courage.

Yeah but it’s incredibly destabilizing and could be as symbolically damaging. Don’t get me wrong he’s a hero rn and I love his courage. 

1 minute ago, htown85 said:

Probably a dumb question, but do we not have access to Russia releases of what their progress is? Obviously it will be bullshit, but it’s weird/concerning to me we only get Ukraine updates.

This is the angle I'm nervous over.  They're supposed to have developed [expensive] precision cruise missles and have kept most of their air superiority parked at home.  

I don't understand the disconnect between the will of Putin and execution of this "Military Operation."  Something is seriously amiss and what we're seeing is the Kremlin's D-team getting their dicks stuck in the mud.

I'm wary that if Putin truly wanted to end this, he could just pick up one of his state-security phones, punch in a couple codes and sit back behind his Windows XP desktop, watching the same livestream we're all watching.

He does the Ukraine (and the world) a greater service by dying a martyr than running a government in exile. He seems to know this. What a brave dude. Modern day Col. Travis. You read that letter and you wonder- would I have the stones to do that now?  Would any “modern man”. Some still do. God bless. I hope it works out better for him and his countrymen than I suspect it will. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, texas08 said:

I follow this dude:

He basically just searches the Twitterverse and posts the most credible tweets. He’s basically doing the browsing/search for me.

I really appreciate you sharing the link, but I watched 15 minutes of it and couldn't take it any more. Maybe I just caught the wrong 15 minutes. A lot of silly inconsequential arguments with the youtube chat audience. I'll try it again another time.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, CoTex said:

It appears that the Ukrainians are putting yellow bands or tape on themselves and the rooskies are using white z’s to identify their equipment?

Is it just that primitive - good guys are yellow - bad guys white Z, or is there something else afoot?

I guess in disorganized war simple is best.

Urban warfare in Kiev at night - shoot anything moving?

They are using the same equipment (or very similar) so it helps differentiate good vs bad guys (varying viewpoints). Russian trucks have white circles in their roofs too so aircraft know they are friendly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

To a point but dead is half of what russia wants. Leaderless Ukraine is worse than him getting out when he has to to keep leading from elsewhere.

I really doubt Putin wants to kill him. He would far prefer he run and Putin can install a puppet because their president abandoned Ukraine to save himself. He would make much more of a difference to the Ukrainian cause being a martyr that Putin had murdered than a president in exile that ran to safety
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'm worried about succession. They need to be sure that there's someone in line to replace him so the Russian puppet can't be recognized (should it get that far).

4 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I really appreciate you sharing the link, but I watched 15 minutes of it and couldn't take it any more. Maybe I just caught the wrong 15 minutes. A lot of silly inconsequential arguments with the youtube chat audience. I'll try it again another time.

Haha same. I tried and he was just telling the chat how stupid they all are, like a smug asshole, so I dipped out.

Edited by MillerEP

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He does the Ukraine (and the world) a greater service by dying a martyr than running a government in exile. He seems to know this. What a brave dude. Modern day Col. Travis. You read that letter and you wonder- would I have the stones to do that now?  Would any “modern man”. Some still do. God bless. I hope it works out better for him and his countrymen than I suspect it will. 

Just above ya...#6460😃

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

I really doubt Putin wants to kill him. He would far prefer he run and Putin can install a puppet because their president abandoned Ukraine to save himself. He would make much more of a difference to the Ukrainian cause being a martyr that Putin had murdered than a president in exile that ran to safety

You assume things that may not be true. But I don’t really care im Tired and don’t care to argue.

Haha same. I tried and he was just telling the chat how stupid they all are, like a smug asshole, so I dipped out.

Yeah it can get stupid, many times I just mute it and read the screen, he does a great job of literally just searching Twitter and sharing his screen….If nothing major is popping (like now since the internet seems to be sketchy) it gets boring/quiet.

He’s usually pretty low key and likeable but he’s currently on like 6 hours of sleep the past 48 hours. Lol.

10 minutes ago, troph said:

8 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I'm sure there is a chain of command. He isn't a dictator after all. I do admire him though. Not sure I'd be able to find the courage.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Other men can lead Ukraine.

One man can become the legend a nation unites behind for eternity.

Again, the man was a comedian 3 years ago. He’s not carrying Ukraine with military or domestic prowess.  Dead he will be an even bigger symbol because he no longer has any baggage attached, he was that badass that jumped into the streets with an AK to fight Russians.  

Bonus point for him being dead is he won’t have to deal with the aftermath of all this shit, because all this adoration is going to sour real quick once the infrastructure and economy are fucked. Feel bad for whoever is in charge after this is all over.  

14 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Well Zelensky did ask for the population to make Molotov Cocktails, and there were videos I saw of them showing them how to make them. Those sure look like a bunch of Molotov's to me.

Too bad Molotov cocktails don’t do anything to modern tanks or infantry fighting vehicles. They need RPGs firing from windows and rooftops. 

7 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Recorded message just started playing over and over on loudspeakers on a Kyiv livestream, along with sirens.  Haven't heard that before:

Hopefully it was just saying "go fuck yourself" over and over.

Edited by OU Sucks

So where the fuck is their enlisted military?  Standing ready at home to anticipate an offensive that will never come?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia-used-beatings-and-tricks-to-forcibly-send-soldiers-to-ukraine-human-rights-group-says

Russian soldiers from all across the country were deceived into heading to the Ukrainian border, and some were beaten if they resisted, according to the Committee of Soldiers’ Mothers, a Russian non-governmental organization that works to expose human rights violations within the military.

The group is reportedly preparing a complaint for the Chief Military Prosecutor’s Office alleging that their sons only recently joined the military as conscripts and were told they were going to the border with Ukraine for drills. But their statuses were then abruptly changed to contract soldiers— a role for those with more combat and training experience—and they were suddenly thrust into war.

“They are switching entire regiments to contract [soldiers,] although the guys did not submit any formal requests for this, and took no such initiative. There are instances of physical violence, and beatings of those who refuse to become contract soldiers. And after that it’s completely unknown [what happens to them], because they take away their phones,” Andrei Kurochkin, the deputy chairman of the group, told Takie Dela.

The claims that some Russian soldiers were literally forced into the war with Ukraine come after Britain’s Defense Ministry released footage it said showed Russia was using mobile crematoriums to conceal its own soldiers’ deaths from the world.

Defense Minister Ben Wallace told The Telegraph the vehicle-mounted crematoriums “evaporate” each body placed inside them.

He described the crematoriums as a “very chilling side effect of how the Russians view their forces.”

“If I was a soldier and knew that my generals had so little faith in me that they followed me around the battlefield with a mobile crematorium, or I was the mother or father of a son, potentially deployed into a combat zone, and my government thought that the way to cover up loss was mobile crematorium, I'd be deeply, deeply worried,” Wallace was quoted saying.

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Too bad Molotov cocktails don’t do anything to modern tanks or infantry fighting vehicles. They need RPGs firing from windows and rooftops. 

Burning fuel gets into the engine compartment and does bad things to fuel lines.  The rupture, adding to the fire, then other stuff starts burning.  Fuel will also get into the ventilation system.  Both of these make the vehicle untenable, forcing the occupants out into a hostile environment.  So, immediate explosion and catastrophic failure, no.  But eventually the vehicle is destroyed.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Not sure if you've read above but these aren't your typical alcohol fueled riot bombs. These are mixed with styrofoam and are basically napalm bombs. 

I'm in awe of what the Ukrainians are doing right now.

33 minutes ago, htown85 said:

Probably a dumb question, but do we not have access to Russia releases of what their progress is? Obviously it will be bullshit, but it’s weird/concerning to me we only get Ukraine updates.

The fact that they aren't disputing certain things, like the air transports being shot down, makes me wonder.

Of course, some of the Russian hierarchy may realize how bad the optics are about bragging about killing Ukrainians, so...

18 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Bonus point for him being dead is he won’t have to deal with the aftermath of all this shit, because all this adoration is going to sour real quick once the infrastructure and economy are fucked. Feel bad for whoever is in charge after this is all over.  

He's a dad with two young kids, would like him to survive this, and if he does, it's because he rallied enough folks.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Superhero said:

As mentioned in multiple posts above, they can do quite a bit - they can fuck with things like the engine compartment and freak the people inside out (and probably fuck with the optics), but they can also keep the infantry occupied while the folks with Javelins or NLAWs do their work.

I don't know about more modern tanks, but I know that they could destroy Vietnam-era tanks if they hit the engine compartment - just needed to get down inside the grills.

• Drool 1

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй