Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

17 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

No matter what you want said there is always a retired Lieutenant Colonel who will go on TV and say it. 

This.  The one I know kept getting retired in scandal, first from the Army, then the VA. PM me and I'll dox him.

And now he's got my son sitting at a checkpoint in Poland.

Blast from the past, I was at this event in January 1992.  Got caught up in it while on my way back from Moscow's first Pizza Hut.

image.png.bbd35b6ccc3fff632be2cbf093d41ef8.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TurkeyChew said:

Sorry was in a plane all day. I take your point and can appreciate the idealism. When you find yourself in a globalist dynamic so tightly coupled that you can’t respond to a war criminal or help or at least slow down the slaughter of innocents, then what earthly good are you, really?

The fact that most European countries are sitting around “like, well, um, I mean I would of course, but we can’t tank our economy…maybe if we can still buy Russian _____, then we can sanction everything else?” shows you that their level of global interconnectivity is irresponsible. If you can’t weather a few fiscal quarters without your JIT global imports, that’s a failure— and America is no exception. IMO, It’s akin to being the provider of your family and not having a 6 month savings of expenses for emergencies— it’s irresponsible leadership.

Yep.   Beyond reserves, being tied to a crackpot like Russia for your dire energy needs is beyond idiotic.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

If this is indeed the temperature of the RU military might, the US and NATO might not need to get involved…russians will defenestrate Putin themselves. 
Hes wrekt the country financially, and any muscle they used to flex will have turned out to be a mirage. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Just as a comforting thought….the only thing more dangerous than Putin winning may en a cornered Putin losing. Desperate madmen do bad shit.

We may end up in this one whether we want it or not.

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

Yes, but its not just his ego he’s worried about. His perception by the Russians as an iron figure is what he’s most concerned about. A long, drawn out war would not be in his best interests. I feel he plows ahead but could capitulate to a cease-fire if this runs weeks long. 

47 minutes ago, troph said:

I started the convo because it was discussed by retired military on network channels. I think there comes a point where you can’t standby because of it but engage and overcome it. Sucks but the question is when does that line get crossed? 

We won't initiate fighting between Americans/NATO and Russia.  We just won't.  If Russia fucks around and does something accidental, like shoot down something or sink something, we might take out the offending aircraft/ship, but that would be the extent, and Putin would know it. Even then we might not retaliate and instead just put NATO ships in the area or increase aerial patrols.

If Russia deliberately fucks with us, say they try and take out convoys in Poland or Romania before they have reached the Ukrainian border to unload, the gloves come off, but he won't.

Putin is struggling.  No way in hell he wants his Air Force to go up against NATO's aerial assets, because there's a shit ton of NATO fighter jocks who'd love to have a red star painted on the sides of their aircraft, and they have the aircraft and the training that a lot of Russian pilots could only dream about.  And NATO's naval assets would quickly destroy Russia's Navy.  And our ground forces would make mincemeat of the Russians.

And extrapolating out - some of you I quoted have mentioned this - if we wipe the skies clean of Russia's Air Force, put their navy on the bottom, and start rolling up Russian land forces, Putin really gets backed into a corner, and if he's truly backed into a corner that could even possibly cost him his job/life, he's going to bring out tactical nukes and use them to get the peace that he wants.

It's not a huge leap from Americans/NATO fighting Russia to Russia using tactical nukes to stop us and daring us to escalate things.  

Putin is a gambler, and clearly he is fucking nuts enough to use tactical nukes if he gets backed into a corner.

We need Ukraine to win on their own, but with a shitload of NATO weapons and equipment and training (provided within NATO territory).

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Is recently as a decade ago, most of the Ukrainian leaders were clowns so it's quite understandable that people were skeptical. The Ukrainian leaders were either way out of their league or corrupt and serving timeB. ut this guy's become the freaking George Washington of Ukraine in 2 days. He's got balls to spare.

Ukrainian leadership earning their trip to Valhalla for sure. I am rooting for their St Crispins day, against almost all odds.

I'm beginning to wonder what would happen if Mad Vlad said, "Okay boys get out the suitcases and the keys."  Would there be a revolt or coup by the military brass or would they obey? I mean surely some of these generals must look at him and go "dude has lost his fucking mind."

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Fucking lieutenant colonels, amirite @RDCanecutter

Most of the ones I've known are useless middle-management types who couldn't make the jump to full colonel, or who put in their 20 and then had another solid career/goals planned outside of the military.

But Commanders are different, right?

Right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

23 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

CNN is such a shit show that even Wolf, who has for decades been to go to for these things, is hard to watch.

Day crew and happy hour crew is much better. I listen to BBC but we have a lower sling package and don’t have the news upgrade so CNN is what I’ve got.

4 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Maybe Putin has dementia? A 70 year old sun downing boomer ending the world really shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone.

There’s been a rumor floating for the last few months that he has Parkinson’s which can also be accompanied by hallucinations and dementia

6 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

I'm beginning to wonder what would happen if Mad Vlad said, "Okay boys get out the suitcases and the keys."  Would there be a revolt or coup by the military brass or would they obey? I mean surely some of these generals must look at him and go "dude has lost his fucking mind."

Seriously this. They have to be thinking - Why lose all my shit 'cause of this crazy mofo.

Hard to imagine that hasn’t crossed their minds

28 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Oh, fuck you Marc.

Rubio has been quite useful with his Ukrainian tweets, both in the run-up right before the invasion, and during, and he's clearly being directed on what to say (else he lose his chair and intel access).

Putin could be just fine, and we are simply seeing a gambler fucking around and finding out on a large scale, but Rubio hinting that Putin is ill would just piss Putin the fuck off, since he'd have to worry about other people in Russia seeing that.

It brings up a problem though - Putin is a gambler, and gamblers are not the people you want making decisions.  Risk takers will at least consider the consequences and have contingencies and are somewhat in control of the outcome (or try to be).  Gamblers are just guessing about what will happen and what the outcome will be. Now mix in the fact that Putin is surrounded with Yes Men, which would urge him on some more.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BamaATL said:

Long time lurker of the site (even back to previous iterations), especially the lulz stuff, gotta say I'm a fan of the collective warped sense of humor here.  Just wanted to point out something ironic to me and hopefully all of you.  

Putin has long wanted to bring back the good old Soviet days to his country.  If SWIFT gets pulled, he will have accomplished it, there will be bread lines in Moscow with a month.  Good job dick bag.  

Fuck Putin

Welcome to the party, pal. 

Now, fuck you Bamabitch!

43 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You and I are agreeing a whole lot on this thread.

Let’s give murderous shitstain Putin all the rope he needs to hang himself.

I’m dead serious, I’m looking to chip in for weapons and body armor for the Ukrainian fighters. There’re in this for the long haul. Let’s send back stacks of broken Russian bodies, every….fucking….day.

Take a step back from the ledge.  The Ukranians are in a video game as far as weapons are concerned.  They are literally getting geared up with weapons out of the crate.  It's better than anything most Americans have.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

I'm trying to read into this, "something is off with Putin" in the scale of Hitler/Madman against the West or Sympathetic/over-his-head with Oligarchs blowing his phone up, the Ruble in rubble and fucking around to find out the Ukraine culture he adored would rather have his head on a stake.  He's killing his kinsmen.

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

We won't initiate fighting between Americans/NATO and Russia.  We just won't.  If Russia fucks around and does something accidental, like shoot down something or sink something, we might take out the offending aircraft/ship, but that would be the extent, and Putin would know it. Even then we might not retaliate and instead just put NATO ships in the area or increase aerial patrols.

If Russia deliberately fucks with us, say they try and take out convoys in Poland or Romania before they have reached the Ukrainian border to unload, the gloves come off, but he won't.

Putin is struggling.  No way in hell he wants his Air Force to go up against NATO's aerial assets, because there's a shit ton of NATO fighter jocks who'd love to have a red star painted on the sides of their aircraft, and they have the aircraft and the training that a lot of Russian pilots could only dream about.  And NATO's naval assets would quickly destroy Russia's Navy.  And our ground forces would make mincemeat of the Russians.

And extrapolating out - some of you I quoted have mentioned this - if we wipe the skies clean of Russia's Air Force, put their navy on the bottom, and start rolling up Russian land forces, Putin really gets backed into a corner, and if he's truly backed into a corner that could even possibly cost him his job/life, he's going to bring out tactical nukes and use them to get the peace that he wants.

It's not a huge leap from Americans/NATO fighting Russia to Russia using tactical nukes to stop us and daring us to escalate things.  

Putin is a gambler, and clearly he is fucking nuts enough to use tactical nukes if he gets backed into a corner.

We need Ukraine to win on their own, but with a shitload of NATO weapons and equipment and training (provided within NATO territory).

Some body hit up @atomheartbevo for me please.

Im spent

C4AA3E40-4DFB-4E97-BED7-C1205798D843.jpeg

1 hour ago, Goofyboy said:

Only two hold outs to remove Russia from Swift.

this is so fucking infuriating. I am planning a family visit in Cyprus and it looking like a no go now. To say there is a heavy Russian influence there is a massive understatement. Not to mention the shitload of warships just fucking parked all over the Eastern Med. I am so fucking mad right now. I have family members historically involved in diplomatic relations between the two countries and its "they aren't so bad" and "its old news Americans need to stop being so scared of Russia" and whatever excuse you can imagine. Its all a bit shocking considering some of these relatives lived through the turkish invasion of 1974 - where our family lost plenty.  

Its unreal what money can do to a man's rationalization abilities

Toss in the odd three-way goatfuck with Ergduan whatever the fuck his name is. Not cool. 

*edit - to be clear - I am sure they are unhappy with this current activity. More of a rant against getting in bed with a known problem and thinking it was somehow never going to bite them in the ass

Edited by staboner
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Take a step back from the ledge.  The Ukranians are in a video game as far as weapons are concerned.  They are literally getting geared up with weapons out of the crate.  It's better than anything most Americans have.

Good.
I want them to have more.
For months and years, as they fight as the best-supplied insurgency in history. And Russia has to go in hock to afford all the body bags.
[mention=714]Shady Ray[/mention]

German has throughly pantsed itself on this entire affair. Just humiliatingly bad.
  • Hook 'Em 7

8 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Long time lurker of the site (even back to previous iterations), especially the lulz stuff, gotta say I'm a fan of the collective warped sense of humor here.  Just wanted to point out something ironic to me and hopefully all of you.  

Putin has long wanted to bring back the good old Soviet days to his country.  If SWIFT gets pulled, he will have accomplished it, there will be bread lines in Moscow with a month.  Good job dick bag.  

Fuck Putin

Horns 1

Bama 0

Final

• Hook 'Em 7

28 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Sorry was on a plane all day. I take your point and can appreciate the idealism. When you find yourself in a globalist dynamic so tightly coupled that you can’t respond to a war criminal or help or at least slow down the slaughter of innocents, then what earthly good are you, really?

The fact that most European countries are sitting around “like, well, um, I mean I would of course, but we can’t tank our economy…maybe if we can still buy Russian _____, then we can sanction everything else?” shows you that their level of global interconnectivity is irresponsible. If you can’t weather a few fiscal quarters without your JIT global imports, that’s a failure— and America is no exception. IMO, It’s akin to being the provider of your family and not having a 6 month savings of expenses for emergencies— it’s irresponsible leadership.

Treaties exist for a reason. Nothing wrong with global trade. This Ukrainian situation has been developing for years and they didn't get adequate support from the U.S. for reasons.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, F250 said:

Treaties exist for a reason. Nothing wrong with global trade. This Ukrainian situation has been developing for years and they didn't get adequate support from the U.S. for reasons.

Sure. I’m just saying there are lessons to be learned as witnesses to this. And what better way to learn than by watching others instead of having to experience it first hand? (Of course most won’t learn until it happens to them, because they think it will never happen to them. There is a reason we are also not keen about giving Russia the SMU death penalty of sanctions).

Edited by TurkeyChew

Regarding the air superiority question, no doubt in a pure A2A engagement we’d probably wipe them out fairly easily with minimal losses, especially with a much larger 5th gen fleet and the F35’s reputation as a mini-AWACS.  

I mean we (Ben Rich wrote a great book about it) essentially invented the practical application of stealth to aviation…from a paper written by a Russian of all things…so no shocker there.  Besides the SU-57 seems more designed to be a low observable, but very maneuverable, bomb/missile truck than an outright knife fighter.  And there’s only a handful with dubious levels of integration with the rest of the Air Force.  The rest is 4th gen and would be easy pickins for BVR massacre.  

As noted above, however, it wouldn’t be pure A2A and those S400s are very serious.  Believe Turkey buying them was a huge part of getting kicked out of the F35 cool kids circle, didn’t want them feeding signature data back to Russia.  Russia overall has incredible air defense prowess and no one wants to see our crack 5th gen tech get knocked out with pieces scattered all over Ukraine.  

Maybe it was Cardinal of the Kremlin when there’s a quote ‘I’m not afraid of Russians, but I am afraid of their helicopters’.  I feel the same way about their missiles and associated radars…it got an F117 remember. 

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

I'm trying to read into this, "something is off with Putin" in the scale of Hitler/Madman against the West or Sympathetic/over-his-head with Oligarchs blowing his phone up, the Ruble in rubble and fucking around to find out the Ukraine culture he adored would rather have his head on a stake.  He's killing his kinsmen.

Just saw an interview with him.  He is fat.  

Screen-Shot-2020-08-02-at-12.51.32-AM.84

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

Russia overall has incredible air defense prowess...

But if we're talking just a no-fly zone over the Ukraine, do they have ground radar and SAM's there?  Seems it would be a heads-up fight over no-man's land.  Ie, fighters using their own radar and weapons, with no help from the ground.  (Just wondering.  I don't know shit.)

14 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

that's all the evidence you need for the sad state of distrust we've got between us and the current german admin right now.  for them to be fed the intel we have which has proven correct every step of the way and them choosing to go with their own analysis is mindboggling.

• Hook 'Em 3

Link here to a longcat article which pulls in some Russian perspective for the sudden change in diplomatically. No idea of the validity of it all as the references read like some unholy version of Russian Qanon and an aggie manifesto. But I'm wondering if this might be representative of the mindset of some Putin's advisors. Combined with his love of smelling his own ideological farts may explain the dramatic shift in aggression.

The main point from all the different articles are based on the hawkish premise that America is now weak. Might makes right and now Russia has the power to stare down USA and become the premier power in Europe. It is all fucking daft but I'm still grasping at straws to make sense of this whole mess.

"If the West is firm, the Kremlin concludes that it wants to destroy Russia; if the West offers concessions, the Kremlin concludes that it is weak and pressure should be increased."

• Hook 'Em 2

One thing that surprises me is the surprise people have been expressing over Ukrainians' will to fight after we everything saw in the Maidan Revolution 8 years ago. Those teevee pundits should've read our thread on the scat site. Too bad we can't send them a link anymore.

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй