Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Someone needs to make car stickers of this

image.png.abf6df9dd5469efc4162838fd298b8fb.png

IMO needs the whole badge. Would also be a good morale patch.

• Lots of gems in this.  I think the top is Ivan Olen - Is that the guy that captured the Surface to air system listed in Wiki?
  • Sunflower
  • Idi Na Khuy "Go FuckYourself"
  • Slava Ukraine

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Russians trying to hack Bing_UX, Bing and Cortana? What is this? The lol thread?

Would hacking those even make a difference? Does anyone ACTUALLY use those?

People actually use Okta and Microsoft and you would be surprised what can lurk in the source code repositories of the crappy acquisitions or minor products owned by larger companies.  It's not disrupting Bing that would be the problem, it's gaining access to other Microsoft systems through Bing that could be a problem.

Again, Lapsus$ has been mostly an extortion group.  Their history would indicate they are more interested in Microsoft paying to minimize the risk associated with a breach than they are in actually causing a major disruption with the breach.

3 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

IMO needs the whole badge. Would also be a good morale patch.

• Lots of gems in this.  I think the top is Ivan Olen - Is that the guy that captured the Surface to air system listed in Wiki?
  • Sunflower
  • Idi Na Khuy "Go FuckYourself"
  • Slava Ukraine

I would be happy to get a patch! 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

U.S. Sending Soviet Air Defense Systems It Secretly Acquired to Ukraine

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-sending-soviet-air-defense-systems-it-secretly-acquired-to-ukraine-11647878422?mod=e2tw

Reveal hidden contents

U.S. Sending Soviet Air Defense Systems It Secretly Acquired to Ukraine

The Pentagon over the years has acquired Soviet equipment as part of a clandestine program, and now such weapons are going to Ukraine

im-508824?width=860&height=573

The Soviet-era equipment is decades old and was obtained by the U.S. so it could examine the technology used by the Russian military.

PHOTO: U.S. AIR FORCE
Updated March 21, 2022 3:21 pm ET

WASHINGTON—The U.S. is sending some of the Soviet-made air defense equipment it secretly acquired decades ago to bolster the Ukrainian military as it seeks to fend off Russian air and missile attacks, U.S. officials said.

The systems, which one U.S. official said include the SA-8, are decades old and were obtained by the U.S. so it could examine the technology used by the Russian military and which Moscow has exported around the world.

The weapons are familiar to Ukraine’s military, which inherited this type of equipment following the breakup of the Soviet Union.

The Pentagon declined to comment on the U.S. decision to reach into its little-known arsenal of Soviet weapons, which comes as the Biden administration is mounting a major push to expand Ukraine’s air defense capabilities.

The U.S. over the decades has acquired a small number of Soviet missile defense systems so that they could be examined by U.S. intelligence experts and help with training American forces.

The secretive efforts received public attention in 1994 when a Soviet-made transport plane was observed at the Huntsville, Ala., airport within sight of a major highway. It was later disclosed that the plane was carrying an S-300 air defense system that the U.S. had acquired in Belarus as part of a clandestine project involving a Pentagon contractor that cost $100 million, according to a former official involved in the mission.

The S-300—called the SA-10 by NATO—is a long-range, advanced air defense system intended to protect large areas over a much wider radius. The SA-8 is a short-range, tactical air defense system designed to move with ground forces and provide cover from aircraft and helicopters. While the SA-8 has a shorter range, it is highly mobile and potentially easier to hide.

Some of the Soviet-style weapons have been kept at the Redstone Arsenal in Alabama, which its website notes serves as “the Army’s center for missile and rocket programs.” At least some of what the U.S. sent was from that base, said officials, who added that C-17s recently flew to a nearby airfield at Huntsville.

The S-300 from Belarus wasn’t among the systems that are being sent to Ukraine, one U.S. official said.

Video Shows Kyiv Shopping Center Explosion; Ukraine Says It Won’t Surrender Mariupol
The Ukrainian government rejected Russia’s deadline to lay down weapons in Mariupol; a security camera captured the attack on a shopping center in Kyiv; the United Nations said the war has forced 10 million people to abandon homes. Photo: Serhii Nuzhnenko/Reuters

The annual government spending bill recently passed by Congress and signed into law by President Biden includes language that authorizes the administration to transfer to the Ukrainian military and to North Atlantic Treaty Organization partners aircraft, ammunition, vehicles, and other equipment that is either already overseas or in existing stockpiles.

Staffers with Sen. Joni Ernst (R., Iowa), who advocated for the language, said Soviet-era air defense systems would be covered by the new legislation. Congress was notified about the U.S. decision, officials said.

Ukraine already possesses some Russian air defense systems, including the S-300. It needs more such systems, however, that can operate at medium and long range to blunt Russia’s aircraft and missile attacks. The shoulder-fired Stinger missiles that the U.S. and NATO nations are providing to Ukraine are only effective against helicopters and low-flying aircraft.

The U.S. is hoping that the provision of additional air defenses will enable Ukraine to create a de facto no-fly zone, since the U.S. and its NATO allies have rebuffed Ukraine’s appeals that the alliance establish one. Such a step, Biden administration officials have said, could lead to a direct confrontation between the U.S.-led alliance and Russian forces, which it is determined to avoid.

Mr. Biden is traveling to Brussels this week for a NATO summit to discuss “ongoing deterrence and defense efforts” for Ukraine, White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki said. Vice President Kamala Harris, Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin also have visited the eastern bloc to discuss ways to bolster Ukraine’s defensive weapons.

“We are continuing to work with our allies and key partners to surge new assistance, including Soviet- or Russian-origin antiaircraft systems and the necessary ammunition to employ them, every day to Ukraine,” a U.S. official said.

Mr. Austin last week visited Slovakia to explore if the country would send an S-300 from its arsenal. Slovakia has said that it would do so if the U.S. would provide it with a replacement, but such an arrangement has yet to be agreed.

American-made weapons such as the Patriot air defense system are in short supply and require American military personnel or months of U.S. training to operate. German and Dutch Patriot units are being sent to Slovakia as a stopgap, those governments have said.

“We’ve been in discussion” with the U.S., Slovakia Minister of Defense Jaroslav Nad’ told reporters during a joint press conference with Mr. Austin on Thursday. “Should there be a situation that we have a proper replacement or that we have a capability guaranteed for a certain period of time, then we would be willing to discuss the future of [the] S-300 system.”

—Gordon Lubold, Lindsay Wise and Courtney McBride contributed to this article.

Write to Nancy A. Youssef at nancy.youssef@wsj.com and Michael R. Gordon at michael.gordon@wsj.com

Copyright ©2022 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8

Appeared in the March 22, 2022, print edition as 'U.S. Sends Soviet Air Defenses to Ukraine.'

Do they come with a tow chain?

Asking for a Uke aggy friend.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, dimyh said:

Bring out yer dead! Actually a nice story about exchanging dead Russians for captured Ukrainians. Also surprising that the Russians don't have any ID'S or dog tags. Simply appears to be dehumanizing about it all.

https://kyivindependent.com/national/how-ukraine-swaps-living-soldiers-for-dead-russians/

Shouldn't bury them at all.   Just pile them up near the russian positions.   Hell, put those fake guns in their hands and set them up in pretend defensive positions only to have them receive fire from Russian troops.   

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

No more pow’s. Take all their weapons and gear then tell them to walk back to Russia. Good luck !

No.  Put them in a city center where the russians are shelling.  Then send the video and pamphlets back to the russians via drone drops.   

50 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

There are worse problems to have

Yeah--as I observed previously, the casualty numbers as between KIA and POWs on the Russian side just don't add it.  It appears that the Ukrainians aren't too eager to take prisoners, unless they're holding thousands of Russians prisoner and not disclosing it (which seems somewhat inconsistent with Ukrainian PR up to this point).

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/ukraine-russia-war-army-veteran-volunteer/

An Army vet’s realization in Ukraine: ‘So horrible or heartbreaking that you can’t continue’
'Physically I feel fine, but I also feel like I have these invisible wounds on my soul.'

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED MAR 22, 2022 8:32 AM

After spending 13 hours hiking into enemy territory and back to retrieve the body of a Georgian soldier who had been killed near Irpin, Ukraine, U.S. Army veteran Hieu Le knew that his war was over.

Not long after recovering the fallen soldier, Le resigned from Ukraine’s legion of international volunteers. “My team was very supportive since they saw how deeply affected I was by recovering his body,” he told Task & Purpose. “Physically I feel fine, but I also feel like I have these invisible wounds on my soul.”

Le served as an M1 armor crewman from 2010 to 2017, during which he deployed to Afghanistan in 2012. In a previous story about surviving a Russian cruise missile attack on his training base, he asked to be identified by his first name only, but on Monday Le gave Task & Purpose permission to use his full name.

On Monday evening, Le was enroute to western Ukraine along with wounded comrades and other international volunteers who had resigned. He was leaving a war that he had just joined nearly two weeks ago.

“I do feel embarrassed to be leaving so soon after arriving, but have you ever seen anything so horrible and heartbreaking that you can’t continue? It was like that for me,” he said.

His departure coincides with upheaval within the international legion, which was intended to allow foreigners to fight the Russians. But Task & Purpose correspondent Andrew Milburn has revealed that Ukraine abruptly discharged the first volunteers who signed up for the unit after their mediocre performance in battle.

Now the Ukrainians are rethinking how they recruit foreigners by focusing on highly trained combat veterans, such as snipers, a Ukrainian general officer told Task & Purpose on condition of anonymity.

It’s clear the vetting process for the international legion leaves much to be desired. Le said he was billeted with volunteers who made dubious claims about being former special operators, yet they lacked any semblance of discipline or professionalism.

“They live the day high on amphetamines, testosterone, steroids, and who knows what other drugs they’ve smuggled into the war zone,” Le posted on Facebook. “They essentially do whatever they want and the Ukrainian military officers either allow it or are powerless to stop it.”

Le originally came to the war zone because he was unsure if he could live with himself if he didn’t help the Ukrainians. What he found was the mission to recover his fallen comrade’s body was the toughest military experience he had ever faced. “Today’s mission was the one that broke me,” he wrote on Facebook afterward.

He and the other volunteers loaded up anti-tank mines and anti-armor missiles for the 8-kilometer hike to the Georgian soldier’s last fighting position, he wrote on Facebook. On the way, they encountered what appeared to be Russian soldiers. They didn’t want to fight and yelled “Glory to Ukraine,” so the two sides passed each other without incident.

They found the soldier and Le wrote the man’s name, passport number, and date of death on a piece of cardboard that he put with the body. Then they had to drag the body back to friendly lines, which included carrying him past Ukrainian forces along improvised plank bridges.

“That was actually the hardest part: watching the look on everyone’s faces as the body of our fallen making its way through the friendly forces,” Le wrote on Facebook. “Then they looked me in the eye, his blood staining my uniform, while I helped to carry him this last part. Nothing was said between us, but the sentiment was profound and unexplainable. As we made it up the hill to the top of the bridge, the ambulance met us and we put him into a body bag and saluted the ambulance as it drove off.”

When the mission was over, Le couldn’t stop weeping for 10 minutes as he fought to regain his composure, he said. His mission to help the Ukrainians was now over too.

“In the time I’ve been in Ukraine, I survived cruise missile strikes, constant shelling from artillery, moving through hostile territory, cold down to my bones, sickness, hunger, and the anguish of recovering our war dead,” Le wrote on Facebook. “I am tired in my bones. I’m not sure how much longer I’m going to stay in Ukraine, but I feel that I’ve done my part and am satisfied that it’s more than most.”

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news/2022-03/pope-invites-bishops-to-join-him-in-consecration-of-russia.html

Pope invites bishops to join him in consecration of Russia and Ukraine
The Consecration of Russia and Ukraine to the Immaculate Heart of Mary will be pronounced by the Pope on the afternoon of Friday 25 March in St Peter's Basilica. The act of consecration will be performed in communion with the local Churches throughout the world.
By Vatican News

The mayor of Boryspil called on civilians to leave the city

Mariupol, Azob Works

10 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/ukraine-russia-war-army-veteran-volunteer/

An Army vet’s realization in Ukraine: ‘So horrible or heartbreaking that you can’t continue’
'Physically I feel fine, but I also feel like I have these invisible wounds on my soul.'

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED MAR 22, 2022 8:32 AM

After spending 13 hours hiking into enemy territory and back to retrieve the body of a Georgian soldier who had been killed near Irpin, Ukraine, U.S. Army veteran Hieu Le knew that his war was over.

Not long after recovering the fallen soldier, Le resigned from Ukraine’s legion of international volunteers. “My team was very supportive since they saw how deeply affected I was by recovering his body,” he told Task & Purpose. “Physically I feel fine, but I also feel like I have these invisible wounds on my soul.”

Le served as an M1 armor crewman from 2010 to 2017, during which he deployed to Afghanistan in 2012. In a previous story about surviving a Russian cruise missile attack on his training base, he asked to be identified by his first name only, but on Monday Le gave Task & Purpose permission to use his full name.

On Monday evening, Le was enroute to western Ukraine along with wounded comrades and other international volunteers who had resigned. He was leaving a war that he had just joined nearly two weeks ago.

“I do feel embarrassed to be leaving so soon after arriving, but have you ever seen anything so horrible and heartbreaking that you can’t continue? It was like that for me,” he said.

His departure coincides with upheaval within the international legion, which was intended to allow foreigners to fight the Russians. But Task & Purpose correspondent Andrew Milburn has revealed that Ukraine abruptly discharged the first volunteers who signed up for the unit after their mediocre performance in battle.

Now the Ukrainians are rethinking how they recruit foreigners by focusing on highly trained combat veterans, such as snipers, a Ukrainian general officer told Task & Purpose on condition of anonymity.

It’s clear the vetting process for the international legion leaves much to be desired. Le said he was billeted with volunteers who made dubious claims about being former special operators, yet they lacked any semblance of discipline or professionalism.

“They live the day high on amphetamines, testosterone, steroids, and who knows what other drugs they’ve smuggled into the war zone,” Le posted on Facebook. “They essentially do whatever they want and the Ukrainian military officers either allow it or are powerless to stop it.”

Le originally came to the war zone because he was unsure if he could live with himself if he didn’t help the Ukrainians. What he found was the mission to recover his fallen comrade’s body was the toughest military experience he had ever faced. “Today’s mission was the one that broke me,” he wrote on Facebook afterward.

He and the other volunteers loaded up anti-tank mines and anti-armor missiles for the 8-kilometer hike to the Georgian soldier’s last fighting position, he wrote on Facebook. On the way, they encountered what appeared to be Russian soldiers. They didn’t want to fight and yelled “Glory to Ukraine,” so the two sides passed each other without incident.

They found the soldier and Le wrote the man’s name, passport number, and date of death on a piece of cardboard that he put with the body. Then they had to drag the body back to friendly lines, which included carrying him past Ukrainian forces along improvised plank bridges.

“That was actually the hardest part: watching the look on everyone’s faces as the body of our fallen making its way through the friendly forces,” Le wrote on Facebook. “Then they looked me in the eye, his blood staining my uniform, while I helped to carry him this last part. Nothing was said between us, but the sentiment was profound and unexplainable. As we made it up the hill to the top of the bridge, the ambulance met us and we put him into a body bag and saluted the ambulance as it drove off.”

When the mission was over, Le couldn’t stop weeping for 10 minutes as he fought to regain his composure, he said. His mission to help the Ukrainians was now over too.

“In the time I’ve been in Ukraine, I survived cruise missile strikes, constant shelling from artillery, moving through hostile territory, cold down to my bones, sickness, hunger, and the anguish of recovering our war dead,” Le wrote on Facebook. “I am tired in my bones. I’m not sure how much longer I’m going to stay in Ukraine, but I feel that I’ve done my part and am satisfied that it’s more than most.”

I'm sure it has been harrowing, but he was a tanker, not infantry or special ops.  Having to drag a body and kit back miles has to be mentally and physically exhausting and not something it seems he ever trained for.  When the SEALS in the helicopter went down (extortion 17), the military specifically made sure no SEALS or former teammates were on the body recovery mission.  It's too emotional.  Too personal.  That's why they had Rangers do it.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I'm sure it has been harrowing, but he was a tanker, not infantry or special ops.  Having to drag a body and kit back miles has to be mentally and physically exhausting and not something it seems he ever trained for.  When the SEALS in the helicopter went down (extortion 17), the military specifically made sure no SEALS or former teammates were on the body recovery mission.  It's too emotional.  Too personal.  That's why they had Rangers do it.  

Marines are the ones tasked with TRAP missions. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, MillerEP said:

Marines are the ones tasked with TRAP missions. 

Assuming that would apply to downed marines as well?  Or at the very least, have teams not directly involved with the casualties for the reasons mentioned?  Cant' think of much worse than having to recover the body of a downed friend.

Just now, Parliament said:

Isn't Nestlé in Russia cutting down just to basic food?  If so, I understand their desire to stay there.  Not sure i can get onboard with doxing their customers.  

1) they typed costumers, and I was trying to quip off of that

2) their customers aren’t a secret- it’s the ones with nestle products on the shelves and offered for sale. 

The Russian BTR-82A was destroyed.

A column of Russian terrorists was destroyed. Congratulations in hell. 🔥

Destruction of Russian terrorists hiding in the woods.

Report on enthusiastic technology. 🇺🇦

Another MT-LB medical

During the battle with the racists, the stormtroopers of 128 separate mountain assault brigades captured the head of the group of information and psychological counteraction of the military unit 47084 of the Russian army

The Russian occupiers continue to lose equipment, - the General Staff

"Second Army of the World" steals carpets from Ukrainians 🤦‍♂️

Raisins, a whole bunch of destroyed enemy equipment.

• Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Holy fuck the BMP-2 is claustrophobic as fuck. And there were fuel tanks built into the back doors/hatches.  They get hit, you've got to go through burning fuel to get out.

@RDCanecutter you may appreciate this.

Inside a Bradley for comparison

web1_bradleyvehicles_072916rb_004_675230

"If you don't speak freedom units".    WTF?

11 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Assuming that would apply to downed marines as well?  Or at the very least, have teams not directly involved with the casualties for the reasons mentioned?  Cant' think of much worse than having to recover the body of a downed friend.

Technically not, the Marine Air Wing is separate from the rest of the Corps. That's one of the reasons we jokingly say those "swinging with the wing" are not real Marines. One of their buddies may be piloting the helos, but the actual recovery will be done with MEU Marines, usually Recon or MARSOC.

• Hook 'Em 2