Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

8 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

It used to be the Russian R-330Zh automated interference station.

Destroyed tank of racists.

Destroyed Russian T-72B in Kyiv region and BTR-82A with trucks in Sumy region.

They'll just claim it was harboring combatants, ala the gaza strip....if they even respond at all.  Fuckers.  Phosphorous is nasty stuff form what I hear.  

image.png.2e3c4182a569da43bdac855bc52337d1.png

4 minutes ago, Saint Austin said:

Even though Ukraine's doing awesome slowing Russia's advance, I'm still pretty concerned about Russian troops in the north and south linking up and cutting off a significant chunk of Ukraine's military in the Donbas. 

I do worry about it, but the Russian forces have thus far been so ineffective, I think the Ukrainians will be able to prevent this.  Additionally, the deployment of the switchblade drones has yet to happen, and I think that will be an absolute game changer.  Those should be deployed shortly, and I think once they are the armor loses for the Russians is going to make what's happened to date child's play.

14 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Russian's apparently having trouble funding their embassies abroad.  In addition to having agents ejected, would also explain document burning, seems they are preparing to be withdrawn.  

Last week someone posted an interesting article on a spy organization/embassy that Russia was building in Ireland.

7 minutes ago, Saint Austin said:

Even though Ukraine's doing awesome slowing Russia's advance, I'm still pretty concerned about Russian troops in the north and south linking up and cutting off a significant chunk of Ukraine's military in the Donbas. 

The first concern is the land bridge they will have from Crimea after they take Mariupol.

13 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I think that was BS.  Never saw any confirmations on those and they'd leave a hell of a skid mark on the ground. 

Those are big four-engine planes.  I could easily see them losing an engine from a SAM, having to turn back to base because of the damage, and not completing the mission.  Especially in the dark, the people on the ground could interpret the engine explosion as a kill even though the plane was able to make it back to base.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Remember when Soviet leaders like Andropov and Chernenko would disappear, because they had “a cold?” It always meant that they were dead. This is the playbook. It hasn’t changed.

A cold referred to their body assuming room temperature

6 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I hadn't been believing the big casualty numbers we had been hearing, but Bloomburg is legit.  For reference, from 1955 to 1975, we lost 58k Americans in Vietnam.

Bloomberg is giving a large spread (7-15k). I read 10k earlier today and that the Russian military is under 90% capacity now for the first time.

Not great, Bob! meme must be how Putin feels lol.

11 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I hadn't been believing the big casualty numbers we had been hearing, but Bloomburg is legit.  For reference, from 1955 to 1975, we lost 58k Americans in Vietnam.

3 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Bloomberg is giving a large spread (7-15k). I read 10k earlier today and that the Russian military is under 90% capacity now for the first time.

Not great, Bob! meme must be how Putin feels lol.

It's not Bloomberg's estimate. They've picked up an AP article sourcing the estimate from "a senior NATO official." That doesn't mean it's not legit, but we should give attribution to whom it's due.

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — NATO estimated on Wednesday that 7,000 to 15,000 Russian soldiers have been killed in four weeks of war in Ukraine, where fierce fighting by the country’s fast-moving defenders has denied Moscow the lightning victory it sought.

By way of comparison, Russia lost about 15,000 troops over 10 years in Afghanistan.

A senior NATO military official said the alliance’s estimate was based on information from Ukrainian authorities, what Russia has released — intentionally or not — and intelligence gathered from open sources. The official spoke on condition of anonymity under ground rules set by NATO.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-zelenskyy-kyiv-europe-nato-e35e54b40359e52f3ffd4911577b669a

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hell, driving around with a dead body for just 2-3 days is not really good for your mental health, and it just starts wearing you down, and that's not getting into the smell and other problems (if they're dead in combat, they've gotta be leaking fluids).

does Ukraine not have Uber?

24 minutes ago, Parliament said:

For reference (just in combat - doubled if you include other causes of death):

Civil War: total 1861–1865 214,938              
Civil War: Union Army   140,414            
Civil War: Confederate Army   94,000

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

For reference (just in combat - doubled if you include other causes of death):

Civil War: total 1861–1865 214,938              
Civil War: Union Army   140,414            
Civil War: Confederate Army   94,000

It's wild to think about how few casualties the US has had in armed conflict over the decades relative to other nation states.  We talk tens of thousands while others talk tens of millions.  I think that burns into the psyche of many countries and generations of people.  

Looking at SINGLE battles of the first and second wars, you have hundreds of thousands if not millions of dead.  In ONE engagement.  

Taking this back to Ukraine.  They are such a hardened people.  Look at back at Stalin's Holodomor.  Millions starved intentionally - some estimates as high at 7-10 million.  Then another 4+ million under the German invasion in WWII.  They're a tough, proud people that don't suffer fools easily and may very well prove to be the catalyst for the downfall of the current Russian state as we know it?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Nor does that account for casualties that sidelined soldiers and others incapacitated.  It might be 5x the number.  

I doubt it’s that high but if they’re at 50k casualties already then this is done as far as any sort of a Russian victory. 

Just now, BamaATL said:

Fair to say Paul Manafort stuff is instant CR stuff?  His behavior is .... odd.   

That's not fair to say. Some folks will squawk, but I mean, he was found to be a Russian intelligence asset by a Republican led senate. If you have something worth posting here, well, I'd say post it if it's germane to the war. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

That's not fair to say. Some folks will squawk, but I mean, he was found to be a Russian intelligence asset by a Republican led senate. If you have something worth posting here, well, I'd say post it if it's germane to the war. 

Well, he was refused exit of the country on a revoked passport trying to fly Dubai, where lots of the oligarchs are suspected to be, and given his past and ties to Ukraine,  I have to wonder how stupid you have to be to think that would work, or even why he would want to stir the pot.  I mean he's pardoned, why would he risk doing something to put him back on the radar.  

• Hook 'Em 5

22 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

We'll see if there are any goodies left in this

This is good and all but the picture and the statements I saw earlier only show the command module.  It may give insights into capabilities but I think the good stuff is in the other part with the antennas that appears to be missing.  See the inset photo.

The reason it is two parts is so you can have some separation between them.  The antennas radiate and become targets themselves and the people manning it can be safer by staying away from the radiation of the equipment and the incoming missiles directed at it.  The antenna portion may have driven off or been destroyed.

Edit:  Seeing this makes me wonder why it is being publicized.  If it is that big of a prize they would scoot it out of the country secretly.  Advertising makes me wonder if they are playing cat and mouse.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Well, he was refused exit of the country on a revoked passport trying to fly Dubai, where lots of the oligarchs are suspected to be, and given his past and ties to Ukraine,  I have to wonder how stupid you have to be to think that would work, or even why he would want to stir the pot.  I mean he's pardoned, why would he risk doing something to put him back on the radar.  

Because he wants to get paid. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

If their military performance is any indication of the value of this electronics warfare system, it's gonna be an Atari 2600 with one working controller and a copy of the Combat tank game.

Probably left the encrypted, multi-digit passcode on a sticky note on the side of the keyboard.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I can't remember which of the threads/articles that passed through here a couple of days ago about the shrinking circle of trust for Putin. Until it dawned on everybody that he hasn't been seen for a while he was considered to be one of his closest buds. Shoigu, and a couple of other guys were about it. He has been eliminating perceived threats for years. He is down to the ones with him in the bunker.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

If their military performance is any indication of the value of this electronics warfare system, it's gonna be an Atari 2600 with one working controller and a copy of the Combat tank game.

On 5 floppy disks with disk 3 of 5 missing

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

17 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

This is good and all but the picture and the statements I saw earlier only show the command module.  It may give insights into capabilities but I think the good stuff is in the other part with the antennas that appears to be missing.  See the inset photo.

The reason it is two parts is so you can have some separation between them.  The antennas radiate and become targets themselves and the people manning it can be safer by staying away from the radiation of the equipment and the incoming missiles directed at it.  The antenna portion may have driven off or been destroyed.

Edit:  Seeing this makes me wonder why it is being publicized.  If it is that big of a prize they would scoot it out of the country secretly.  Advertising makes me wonder if they are playing cat and mouse.

It was originally posted by UKa troops asking what the hell it is.