Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Russia is losing their best people and machines, with limited ability to replace either.  They are leveling cities in fits of impotence, since they cannot advance and take them.  Russia cannot, in any meaningful way, win this war.

This is 100% accurate, the only thing that Russia can do is leave a trail of devastation.  Essentially speaking, we are watching one man's temper tantrum in motion.  Regrettably, he is going to leave places he wished to occupy and hold parades in; only to see them in ruin simply because he can't have them.  This man has no empathy for others, even his own supporters and military.  If he can't have it no one will.  He intends on exterminating entire cities, simply because it suits his ego; and he cares nothing of the cost to his own people.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

27 minutes ago, Snacks said:

It appears that Russia is willing to lose battles, but it's going to level Ukraine and eventually win the war.

As SM mentioned, they can’t win.  It’s very doubtful that Russia will even be able to control and truly occupy one of the major cities outside of Mariupol (and it’s been a month and they still haven’t formally taken it).  They definitely can’t take and hold Kyiv.  

They are struggling to maintain their supply lines as it is.  

57 minutes ago, Constant said:

This makes me think we should add torpedos to the oligarchs yachts and give them to some Ukrainians in the Black Sea to go after these supply ships. It would be hilarious to force Russia to sink their oligarchs yachts.

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Newsflash: Everyone basically outside of the Communist Party in Moscow had Nazi sympathizers. 
Here’s one of America’s great hero’s as well as  a former King of England:

36B4F5FF-124A-4418-96D5-229454059685.thumb.jpeg.2d22c284d2c2c5c76898da0623a8932f.jpeg

CEDEF1EB-8BF0-4D4A-A39D-A6669D4D5F36.jpeg

Let's then take a step past the work "sympathizer" and move into Ukraine's history of tens up tens of thousands of people that actively tried to fight FOR the Nazi's. 

Or recently, the Maidan coup, that was backed by NATO, did have an element of it's makeup that involved self admitted Nazi's (Azov Battalion, C14, etc.)

Like most propaganda, it has a sliver of truth that is being twisted.  

10 hours ago, The Dog said:

This is long, but is from the same guy @atomheartbevo shared (I think). It's from 3 weeks ago but is relevant today.

This guy is a gamer but in real life does military budget analysis. 

In short, "is the Russian army shit?"

He's an Aussie, so only an Australian would use those kinds of terms in a PowerPoint...

It's a hit sandwich of mediocre equipment and seemingly non-existent training.  I think you take American trained soldiers and gear them up with this Russian material, you see a VERY different campaign.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

What's the story on that Russian ship blown up?  Sabotage?  Accident?  Seems like a big deal.

Destroyed by Ukraine

Not clear if the personnel was onboard when the ship went off, but I'm pretty sure all that equipment is underwater now. 

EDIT: I was curious and my first call is at 9, so I looked up the ship type on wikipedia and they've only got one operational landing vessel left of that type. That's a pretty significant logistical blow to the rooskies

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Destroyed by Ukraine

Not clear if the personnel was onboard when the ship went off, but I'm pretty sure all that equipment is underwater now. 

I think the bigger part is this ship provides the ability to ferry armor into the port, which once again limits the speed Russia can get new equipment to the front.

It is almost like the Ukrainians are targeting major logs in the supply chain knowing Russian is already spread thin at the fronts and any delays in resupply or redeployment will allow the front to crumble.

To me this is just another datapoint around the idea that the Ukrainians know they have no issues standing toe to toe what is already in theater and are actively working to bleed out resupply as the begin counter offensives.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Those of you…ummm….talking about future wives/ex-wives….

There was a story in The Guardian this morning about pimps/human traffickers showing up at the Polish border crossings trying to get vulnerable women and children.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2022/mar/24/vigilantes-stalk-ukraine-border-as-sex-traffickers-target-fleeing-women-and-children

• Rage+1 2

Just now, Schulz2.0 said:

There was a story in The Guardian this morning about pimps/human traffickers showing up at the Polish border crossings trying to get vulnerable women and children.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2022/mar/24/vigilantes-stalk-ukraine-border-as-sex-traffickers-target-fleeing-women-and-children

It's a buyer's market.

I'll show myself out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

My uncle was a Wild Weasel pilot in Vietnam.  I remember as a kid asking him about his time served and how a rag-tag (or whatever) army could stand up to the might of the US with all it's technology.  He said that is the wrong question many vets were asked.  It's not "how" they did it, it's that they were willing to do it.  They were willing to take the pain, give it back, and stand toe to toe with a superpower.  That mindset is hard to beat, as we are seeing now.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Hopefully it fucks up the port for a while, too.  Destroying equipment and supplies is great.  Doing that and inhibiting transportation is a thing of beauty.

It's been a long time since I read it, but I have a book about the Battle of Kursk during WW II.  As I recall from that book, during the German build up for that battle, there were something like twenty trains waiting in a railyard in Minsk for their turn to move forward.  There were cars loaded with fuel, ammo, vehicles, and troops sitting stationary in the yard when two partisans planted just two magnetic mines, one on a fuel car and one on a car loaded with ammo.  When they went off, it started a string of chain reactions that destroyed every piece of rolling stock in the yard and rendered the yard inoperative for months.  That's definitely more bang for the buck.  Hopefully Ukraine got a similar outcome with this ship.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Hopefully it fucks up the port for a while, too.  Destroying equipment and supplies is great.  Doing that and inhibiting transportation is a thing of beauty.

It's been a long time since I read it, but I have a book about the Battle of Kursk during WW II.  As I recall from that book, during the German build up for that battle, there were something like twenty trains waiting in a railyard in Minsk for their turn to move forward.  There were cars loaded with fuel, ammo, vehicles, and troops sitting stationary in the yard when two partisans planted just two magnetic mines, one on a fuel car and one on a car loaded with ammo.  When they went off, it started a string of chain reactions that destroyed every piece of rolling stock in the yard and rendered the yard inoperative for months.  That's definitely more bang for the buck.  Hopefully Ukraine got a similar outcome with this ship.

Was one of those partisans named Rochelle? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I think the bigger part is this ship provides the ability to ferry armor into the port, which once again limits the speed Russia can get new equipment to the front.

It is almost like the Ukrainians are targeting major logs in the supply chain knowing Russian is already spread thin at the fronts and any delays in resupply or redeployment will allow the front to crumble.

To me this is just another datapoint around the idea that the Ukrainians know they have no issues standing toe to toe what is already in theater and are actively working to bleed out resupply as the begin counter offensives.

Here is a RT propaganda piece giving a nice view of port and this ship's capabilities before going kaboom. This is definitely going to fuck with RU's supplies around Mariupol.

4 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Was one of those partisans named Rochelle? 

I'd like to lay her mine.  No...she was planting on mind.  Wait, mine was gonna land her?  Dammit, I had something for this.  I need to see that movie again.  

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

These guys have been spot on, and have a history of talking about Ukraine training up their army as light infantry-focused and ready to take on Russia. 

So you're saying Ukraine brought the Night to a Gun Fight?  

19 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Well if that was docked, which it looks like it was, that berth is gone for awhile.  

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

These guys have been spot on, and have a history of talking about Ukraine training up their army as light infantry-focused and ready to take on Russia. 

This is why optics on rifles is such a big deal.  You can't hit shit in low light with irons

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, 686 said:

This is what is so fucking psychotic about Putin. He has hated the American hegemony for the last 30 years, but that stabilizing peace made him one of the richest men in the world and increased the standard of living of his people an order of magnitude. Per the pretty brunette, he really misses the Cold War; but not having to be in a constant arms race with the US completely unshackled the Russian economy and was great for them/him. Should have just retired in 2016 and he’d be on his yacht living the high life. If he would have retired before Crimea, dude could have become a socially acceptable party guest/celebrity even in the West.

Some people thrive on chaos, conflict and turmoil and can't really exist without it.  Thankfully, they usually become a casualty of their instigated "wars" long before they attain enough power to fail as bigly as Putin is now.