we're going the sugar bowl

blacklab

2 hours ago, SurlyBDR said:

Free beer alert!

20181231-095802.jpg

2 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

I don't get it- don't you guys usually jump all over Aggie for making t-shirts about you, when the event at hand has nothing to do with you??

Was just about to say, this is a very aggy thing to do.  Would not buy nor wear.  The Polo with the logo is all that's needed.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

I don't get it- don't you guys usually jump all over Aggie for making t-shirts about you, when the event at hand has nothing to do with you??

I guess I must have missed it, but who said they like these?

They’re stupid as fuck. Just like chanting “OU sucks” during Texas Fight when we’re not playing OU. 

• Like 3

Just now, ImissWallyPryor said:

I’m at my gate in MPS. I’ve got Nebraska fans on one side of me and Pedo State fans to my right. The Huskers look nicer than the Pedo fans. My inhibitory synapses are getting a workout 

Husker fans are easy to deal with. Like puppies that have been beaten in the past, make loud noises or quick hand movements while wearing burnt orange, and they’ll retreat away from you. 

3 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

It's called we have a metric shit load of fans and there are two or three morons who actually buy/wear that shit.

At aggy, it'd be two or three who wouldn't buy/wear that shit.

Get it now?

3 hours ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

any shit talking from UGA players like missouri last year?

They're too busy boasting about how they should have made the playoffs over ND and blOU after Saturday.

Fuck, I hope we can pull off the miracle and kick their teeth in. Would be so fucking satisfying.

Just now, ztejas said:

Friend has never been to NOLA so our first day itinerary is as follows:

3 - Cafe du Monde

5 - ACME

7 - Pels game

10 - Bourbon

I am wearing burnt orange every second that I am in this city.

Hook em, fuck UGA, let's pay this 35 year old debt

Fuck cafe du monde. Go cafe beignet. 

Horns247 Predictions: Texas vs. Georgia

As Texas makes its way to the final game of the season, the Horns247 staff delivers its thoughts on the Longhorns' chances against No. 5 ranked Georgia in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

Bobby Burton, Publisher

Georgia’s too physical for Texas up front. They have too many SEC caliber all-stars. They’re just so loaded I don’t know how Texas can ever keep up. Well, that’s the line of this game. But I feel surprisingly confident going into this. Georgia played for a national title a year ago. This season, they’re in a bowl game some of them don’t want to be at. I don’t know if Texas will pull out a victory, but I expect a tight contest either way.

Texas 27, Georgia 26

Chip Brown, Columnist

This game is going to hinge on Texas' ability to stop the Georgia rushing attack. Even though Todd Orlando's defense has struggled through an identity crisis at times this season, I think Orlando dials up a solid game plan, mixing fronts and pressures. Texas has proven to be resilient this season, battling from behind several times - so even an early deficit against the Bulldogs shouldn't alarm the Longhorns. I think Texas battles, scratches and claws its way into a fourth-quarter game, falling just short.

Georgia 34, Texas 31

Jeff Howe, Senior Writer

It’s been tough for me to get a feel — even being around the team a little bit New Orleans — for how Texas will handle the big stage against a truly elite opponent. The Longhorns seem — not quite as loose as they were during bowl practices in Houston last year, but this doesn’t appear to be a tight group. As long as the Longhorns bring their best effort and Tom Herman and Todd Orlando plan and call perhaps the best game of their respective career — that’s what it’s going to take to win this one — it comes down to which physicality battle carries the day. Will it be the Georgia offensive and defensive lines against the Texas fronts as the deciding factor? Or will the advantage the Longhorns have on the perimeter with their defensive backs and wide receivers against the skill athletes of the Bulldogs win out? Everyone has focused on Georgia missing Deandre Baker, but not having Jordan Davis and D’Andre Walker (game-time decisions, per Kirby Smart) is just as big of a deal and maybe more so considering Texas wants to establish something along the line of scrimmage. Davis (6-6, 320) is a true difference maker at nose tackle in a three-man front and Walker (the hybrid Jack linebacker in Smart’s system) leads the Bulldogs in sacks (7.5) and tackles for loss (11). Texas has to dominate this game on the perimeter to have a chance. Even if that happens, I don’t think it will be enough. I’m expecting the Longhorns to show well for themselves and the health of the Bulldogs (or lack thereof) will make it closer than folks think, but it’s hard for to take that leap of faith and predict Herman and Co. to get win No. 10.

Georgia 41, Texas 34

Taylor Estes, Managing Editor

This game is without a doubt going to be tough for Texas. I’ve thought all along that Georgia should have been in the College Football Playoff over Notre Dame (and that was before the Irish didn’t score a touchdown against Clemson), and I definitely don’t think Texas is at that point. The Bulldogs are easily going to be the best defense Texas has faced all year, and the Texas offense is going to put together its best performance to date in order to stay in this. The one area where I think Texas could end up pulling off a win would be that Georgia may be a little let down about missing out on the CFP, but even then, I think Texas is going to be up to a tough, tough challenge to stay in this. I don’t see it going in the Longhorns’ favor.

Georgia 35, Texas 24

EJ Holland, Recruiting Editor

It honestly depends on if Georgia is motivated to play. If they are, Georgia will roll. If they aren’t, Texas can make a statement.

Georgia 35, Texas 24

Mike Roach, Recruiting Analyst

I think Texas will play better than the Longhorns are expected to, but the talent difference will be too much to overcome.

Georgia 37, Texas 28

42 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean, I get it but he's never been and making us go so wev. One of those places that you have to say that you've been to, unfortunately.

Yep that is the only time I go to Cafe du Monde. I am going with a first timer also and her mom told her she has to go so we will go also. I would rather not though. 

Didnt make it to cafe - line was too long so fuck it.

Ginned up some sprites and walked into Pat Os. Racous piano bar crowd and we just exchanged chants with the Dawgs.

Sick atmosphere.

Also ran into Case McCoy 

Oh theres also some aggy rube fuckhead wearing a atm hat and jersey and being a retard.

I guess he left his Georgia shirt at home.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

Ha, I was wondering if that worked out. We went about 12:30 and the line was a block down the street. Nope. Got some from Cafe Beinget later.

The line was obscene, but the thing to do if you were gonna watch the parade, just do it while waiting in line.