Toneil Carter is transferring

texifornia

1 minute ago, pacman said:

What has he done to show a lack of maturity? I haven't seen his name in the news for misconduct.

Word is he was a pretty petulant character at practice when he got moved down the depth chart for constantly fumbling. His trainer (Footwork King, for those who follow recruiting) was subtweeting him about it.

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Think I found the issue.

To be fair, it sounded like FWK wanted him to stick around. Toneil apparently has an older brother who's been pushing him to transfer since he's not starting and he wants a piece of that hypothetical NFL money.

Edited by texifornia

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Word is he was a pretty petulant character at practice when he got moved down the depth chart for constantly fumbling. His trainer (Footwork King, for those who follow recruiting) was subtweeting him about it.

Was really surprised when he returned to Texas this Season.  I'm guessing he'll go the Juco route so he doesn't have to sit out another year because he's transferring......

Wonder if NCAA will start waiving the 1yr sit out requirement on transfers that immediately follow a Redshirt year??

Seemed like a talented runner in the little bit of time he got.  There had to have been something more than the fumbles that caused him to be buried on the depth chart.  He and Danny Young came in the same year, seem to have similar fumbling issues, and Young got 42 carries this year and Carter never saw the field.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

he must have had a pretty bad attitude to site behind young, porter....sure he wouldn't feel too good either having to watch those two run for nothing from day one, when he is clearly better

7 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Surprise! Another dumbass statement from ztejas. Whatever someone shows up who’s better?

You're right. I'm super stoked to watch Daniel Young run for the 3 yards that are blocked for him 12 times a game. 

Fuck off. 

31 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Honestly if anyone but Keontay or Ehlinger is getting meaningful carries next season I"m going to have an aneurysm. 

I'm... gonna have to disagree and root for your aneurysm.

29 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

I don’t think this guy ever truly wanted to be here. Georgia kicked him to the curb near the end of his recruitment and I don’t think he ever bought in at Texas. 

It's mostly this. Family been gagging on that secX3 dick. He's much better suited for this conference but sera sera.

Edited by BigHorn'13

1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

Always thought he was the 2nd best RB on the team after Ingram. Had issues with fumbles and attitude apparently, though I too would be pissed if Kyle Porter  and Young were getting carries ahead of me.  

I thought he was in a tie for 3rd best behind Ingram and Watson.  I never thought there was any clear separation between him and Daniel Young.

2 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I'm... gonna have to disagree and root for your aneurysm.

Because of injury concerns? That's fair - but I think the offense moves a lot better with Sam as a dual-threat. 

If we can find a good change of pace back next season I'm all for it, just not sure I see one on the roster. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Because of injury concerns? That's fair - but I think the offense moves a lot better with Sam as a dual-threat. 

It is precisely because of this. Had you said redzone carries and 4th and shorts, then yeah. All the other times need to be improvised with a few QB runs/ZR sprinkled in to keep defenses on their toes.