Toneil Carter is transferring

texifornia

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This is the perfect reaction gif to that tweet.

Anyone could see the position he's in--- he's stuck in the middle-bottom of the depth chart with no real prospects of moving up. Not his fault at all. Hopefully he can find a spot in a situation that fits him. Who would give the guy ill will??

27 minutes ago, Lou Loomis said:

Anyone could see the position he's in--- he's stuck in the middle-bottom of the depth chart with no real prospects of moving up. Not his fault at all. Hopefully he can find a spot in a situation that fits him. Who would give the guy ill will??

"Not his fault at all"... ya it is, if he didn't fumble he woulda been getting carries/tre Watson wouldn't have been brought in. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Hard to blame him - probably wasn't going to see the field much next year either.

Sure? Watson is gone next year, right? He was a grad transfer. And Young has not exactly locked up playing time for himself. I figured Toneil had a chance to carry the ball more next season.

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Sure? Watson is gone next year, right? He was a grad transfer. And Young has not exactly locked up playing time for himself. I figured Toneil had a chance to carry the ball more next season. 

Well if you react poorly to getting your playing time cut because of a case of the fumbles, you're not exactly fighting your way back up the pecking order.

4 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

How much did he fumble last year? Every RB put it on the ground this year. I don't remember him standing out for being any worse than anyone else.

That’s because he didn’t play. Almost everyone has reported he fumbles a lot in practice. 

Ingram and Watson didn’t fumble a lot. That’s why they played. 

Edited by texasstrong12

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I think he must have completely sucked if he was behind Danny 1ypc Young and Kyle Porter 

Does he (Carter) believe he has an NFL career ahead of him? And that if he goes elsewhere he will be showcased enough to attract that NFL interest? 

Maybe it's just the proverbial "love of the game", and he loves playing more than he loves the idea of a UT diploma.

If some or all of that is not the case, I can't see any good reason to transfer - as several have pointed out, he seemed (last year) to have good moves and decent speed, so the main thing keeping him on the pine has been fumbleitis. It also seemed that there are reports of him having a bit of an attitude problem. Maybe there's more? Like poor blocking, stone hands, and whatall? 

Good luck, Toeneil - looks like you're gonna need it.

Question:  Texas can block schools that Toneil Carter can transfer to right??  (Usually no transfers to B12 or schools on Horns schedule....)

The reason I ask is that the article below mentions Baylor, Okie Lite and SMU as possible landing spots for Toneil.....

https://hookemheadlines.com/2018/12/15/texas-football-3-potential-transfer-destinations-rb-toneil-carter/

Read previous posts that stated......Herman chose not to block transfer to Texas Tech of John Bonney because he was a grad-transfer....... Just not sure if any new transfer rules changes have affected a HC's ability to block players from certain schools.

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Rumors are he was also bad mouthing Texas and the coaches during a recent recruiting function...

If this is true, going back to the Darius White days we seem to have had more than our fair share of this type of behavior.  Does this happen at other schools that often?  

14 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Hope he doesn't transfer to sooner and win the Heisman.

There's no way in hell we'll let him transfer to anyone on a future schedule. Maybe he'll try the JuCo route but he seems like he'll want guaranteed minutes at a G5 ala Duke Catalon.

Edited by texifornia

I guess I am more bummed about this than most. TC looked faster than KI to me, with the same wiggle. He seemed to fumble at the same rate as everyone else. Obviously, he was in the staff doghouse, but kids mature a lot from 18 to 20. I was hoping for a TC/KI rotation next year. 

RB seems like QB these days. When you get passed you leave. No more waiting three years to see if it’s your turn, when they will recruit over you. It’s not really a depth position. You are the guy or you aren’t. He’s already behind Ingram who is a year younger. He wants to play and someone will give him a chance. Good for him and good luck. 

20 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I guess I am more bummed about this than most. TC looked faster than KI to me, with the same wiggle. He seemed to fumble at the same rate as everyone else. Obviously, he was in the staff doghouse, but kids mature a lot from 18 to 20. I was hoping for a TC/KI rotation next year. 

When he played you could see why we picked him over Eno Benjamin. The tough thing with transition classes is the staff doesn't have the time to bear down on the mental side of things, which sounds like Carter's weak point.

On 12/14/2018 at 8:55 AM, texifornia said:

To be fair, it sounded like FWK wanted him to stick around. Toneil apparently has an older brother who's been pushing him to transfer since he's not starting and he wants a piece of that hypothetical NFL money.

What's the over/under on that?