Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

3 hours ago, F250 said:

I agree, people need some perspective. Hundreds of thousands of people have been killed as a direct result of our military adventures in the Middle East over the past 18 years. Trump is pretty fucking disgusting but let's not forget that our country has recently unleashed hell on the world.

It’s not so much that Trump himself would start WW3, it’s that he’s laying the groundwork in society for a real psychopath to take up the mantle once Trump is gone without being challenged.  

All the anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant, anti-press, anti-objective truth hate speech/propaganda that everyone has been exposed to the past several years can go a long way for a real destructive monster to capitalize.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Hardest part of quoting him is deciding which one. I don't know if he's going to be at the Bulwark permanently or if this is a one time thing. 

"Nipple.  Button." -- 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

"Nipple.  Button." -- 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump

Donald Trump pronounced Bhutan as 'Button' and Nepal as 'Nipple' during a White House security meeting with intelligence officials, it has been claimed.  

The President then incorrectly stated that both nations were part of India, foreign policy and national security correspondent for Time John Walcott said yesterday. 

'There are a combination of things. The first one is the president’s ignorance. That goes to the point of thinking that Nepal and Bhutan – which incidentally he also mispronounced a 'nipple' and 'button' – are part of India, which they’re not,' Walcott told CNN's Brooke Baldwin.

Baldwin was visibly shocked and replied: 'Wait, seriously? That's what he said?'  

'Seriously,' Walcott replied. 

Walcott was on CNN to discuss an article he wrote for Time published over the weekend, in which he alleges that sources in the intelligence community consider Trump a risk to national security because he exhibits a 'wilful ignorance' on international affairs.

'When he's briefed on something that doesn't square with his policy views or his personal views, he simply rejects it and goes his own way, and we've heard that time and time again,' Walcott said. 

'When he was briefed on the little Indian Ocean atoll of Diego Garcia - which is home to a very important military installation - in preparation for a meeting with Prime Minister May of Great Britain, he only had two questions.'

'The first one was: "Are the people there nice?" and the second one was: "Are the beaches good?"' 

According to Walcott, Trump displays a 'lack of curiosity about the world which is different from other presidents'.    

Baldwin then asked what the consequences would be for the country if its president refused to listen to his advisors.

'The real underlying concern is what might happen if the nation is suddenly hit with a real national security crisis out of the blue,' Walcott told her. 

'How will the president respond? Will Trump stop and listen and think about that response first - or again, will he simply react on instinct?' 

9424476-6670037-Baldwin_looked_incredulo

hahaha, holy shit.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

We have upper middle class income, SALT deductions above the cap and 3 child tax credits.  Our taxes went up.

I just did mine... we'll pay more federal income tax and a higher effective rate, but we earned significantly more in 2018 over 2017. Doing some rough math, the effect of the new law was probably about a wash for us. We lost about $12K in deductions from the SALT caps, which canceled out any changes that benefited us.Our withholding, which I kept the same, was low with our new income/new laws, so I'll have to cut the IRS a check.

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Now I'm curious what our taxes are going to look like.  Still waiting to get one of my wife's 1099 forms before I can do them.

i was too and did some quick and dirty.  big things:  standard deduction about doubles.  personal exemption gone.  tax brackets lowered across the board.  everything else is on the margins.  so it looks like the big upshot for most middle class americans is that families with 1 or 0 kids benefit, families with 3-5 kids hurt.

"Nipple and Button are part of India."

"No sir.  They're countries.  And that's not how you pronounce them."

"Sorry.  I don't speak India."

"Goddamnit, sir."

"We should bomb ISIS.  I promised that.  That we would bomb ISIS."

"You can't really bomb them.  They're not a place.  It's an ideology.  It's a thought.  It's not like they're in a certain country."

"Have we checked in Nipple?  Button?"

"I'm sorry, sir.  I'm getting so frustrated right now that I have to remove my shirt.  Your ignorance makes me want to rip off my fucking shirt, sir."

"Don't rip it off.  You'll lose a Bhutan and nobody here wants to see your Nepals, that I can tell you."

• Like 3

2 hours ago, scottsins said:

I guess I’ll be the guy to tell you that Lunar New Year = Chinese New Year.  

Yes, I know that Lunar New Year is Chinese New Year. I just don't know anyone who is have a party tonight because of it. Obviously, according to responses to my original question there are many who will be celebrating. I definitely need new friends. 

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Did these folks already forget that they got a second tax cut in the form of lower gas prices????  Ungrateful!!!!!!!

those are most likely fake.  trump voters/republicans: not exactly the best at honest introspection and admitting they were duped. 

8 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Yes, I know that Lunar New Year is Chinese New Year. I just don't know anyone who is have a party tonight because of it. Obviously, according to responses to my original question there are many who will be celebrating. I definitely need new friends. 

One of my colleagues left early for it and is off tomorrow.

My boss threw one Friday night.  "Crazy Rich Asians" themed.  It's okay, she's Chinese-American so somehow not racist?

Only 4 SCOTUS justices are going tonight.  Roberts, Kagan, Gorsuch and Beer Bro.

Obvi RBG is recovering
Breyer has a commitment
Thomas is probably going to a conspiracy rally with his crazy fucking wife
Alito, no idea
Sotomayor is probably scared Trump will have her rounded up with all those undocumented people going as guests but probably is worried some fucking Trumptard in Congress will yell at her to "Go back to Puerto Rico!"

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Only 4 SCOTUS justices are going tonight.  Roberts, Kagan, Gorsuch and Beer Bro.

Obvi RBG is recovering
Breyer has a commitment
Alito, no idea
Sotomayor is probably scared Trump will have her rounded up with all those undocumented people going as guests

Kind of a slap in the face, no?

I wouldn't fucking go if I were a Scotus judge.

I would go if I were a Rep or Senator, just so I can yell out "You Lie!" each time he opens his orange sphincter.

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Obvi RBG is recovering
Breyer has a commitment
Alito, no idea
Sotomayor is probably scared Trump will have her rounded up with all those undocumented people going as guests but probably is worried some fucking Trumptard in Congress will yell at her to "Go back to Puerto Rico!"

Didn't Alito say he wouldn't go to State of the Unions anymore, after he was caught saying "not true" during one of Obama's?

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Didn't Alito say he wouldn't go to State of the Unions anymore, after he was caught saying "not true" during one of Obama's?

Yes, I just read about it.  And Thomas thinks its "too partisan" which is fucking rich.

Edited by Js1

23 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I watched this live and blew lemonaid out my nose.  It was that funny.  Her face and his (dead serious)...it was peak Trump.   Nipple?  Button?  God damn, the sim gives zero fucks about realism at this point.  

I watched it too, and got the strangest boner when she said ‘nipple’ and ‘button’

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Maybe he’s quitting and the gravy train is over

More likely total staged production of fake tears

Nothing but PR.  "Hey kids, when I talk about how we're getting overrun by the browns and how it's causing so much strife for middle America, act like you're crying and dab your fake tears with these tissues".