Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

The 20 day rule

Since then, the government has been required to release families held in detention after 20 days, as they await their next immigration court hearing. Unaccompanied children are transferred to the care of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, which holds them in shelters until sponsors or foster care can be arranged.  

The most recent effort to upend the rule came on June 21, 2018, the day after Mr. Trump signed an executive order ending his administration's controversial "zero tolerance" policy, which led officials to separate migrant children from their parents. The government asked Gee to allow it to detain children and their families for the duration of their immigration court cases.

Less than three weeks later, Gee rejected the request. In her ruling, she said the government was trying to "light a match to the Flores Agreement," and called it a "cynical attempt" to get around Congress.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-house-effort-to-change-20-day-rule-for-migrant-detention-faces-tough-odds-lawyers-say/

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I've been getting Trump email since I registered for some poll last year. People here used funny names. I used my own and my actual email address.

Here's the latest appeal to his supporters:

I replaced my real name, Sean, with Roma so you degenerates won't know my real first name. We American Patriots are no dummies!

Anyway, looks like Donald wants his polling information the same way he likes all of his information.

That’s not real, is it?

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I've been getting Trump email since I registered for some poll last year. People here used funny names. I used my own and my actual email address.

Here's the latest appeal to his supporters:

I replaced my real name, Sean, with Roma so you degenerates won't know my real first name. We American Patriots are no dummies!

Anyway, looks like Donald wants his polling information the same way he likes all of his information.

Sweet just clicked on that link and called him a shit goblin traitor. Thanks!

donald-trump-speech1.jpg?quality=65&stri

We need to do a deal to form a coalition with N. Korea, Russia, and Brazil to put heavy sanctions on the Sanctuary Cities. If the Sanctuary Cities show that they are so evil that they will not accept all immigrants/emigrants/whatever forced upon them, war shall be declared on said cities. Refusing emigrant/immigrants/whatever is clearly wicked and UnAmerican. 

The President will assume plenty of power and plenary power to prevent America from backsliding on the path to its former greatness. The President will hold such power so long as the  Weekly Trump Tracking Poll of Amish and American Patriots shows majority support.

God bless America. God save the King!

donald-trump.gif

• Like 4

Nothing like potentially threatening an ally.

https://www.axios.com/trump-netanyahu-israel-china-security-cooperation-243ea932-765b-490f-9002-9744192b8905.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

President Trump told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during their meeting at the White House on March 26 that if Israel doesn't limit its ties with China, security cooperation with the U.S. could be reduced, according to Israeli officials.

Why it matters: The Trump administration and the Netanyahu government are aligned on virtually every issue, but relations with China have emerged as a main point of contention. The Trump administration has already asked the Israeli government several times to limit its ties with China, and the fact that Trump himself raised it with Netanyahu indicates that the White House may be growing impatient.

The backdrop: In January, national security adviser John Bolton visited Israel and privately raised concerns about Israel's China ties with Netanyahu. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has also privately raised it with Netanyahu several times in the last 6 months, and even publicly warned recently that "intelligence sharing with Israel might have to be reduced."

• Netanyahu told Bolton and Pompeo that his security cabinet is about to pass a decision on forming a new government mechanism that will monitor Chinese investments in Israel. The security cabinet held two meetings on the issue in the last several months, but still hasn’t come to a decision due to disagreement between Israeli government agencies.

During the March 26 meeting, which took place minutes after Trump signed the presidential proclamation recognizing the Golan Heights as part of Israel, Trump was the one to raise the China issue. Trump didn't set an ultimatum or threaten Netanyahu, but wanted to know the status of the steps the prime minister had promised Bolton and Pompeo.

• Israeli officials told me Trump said he was concerned that the Chinese had won several major infrastructure projects — like the new port in Haifa, where the U.S. Navy's 6th Fleet has operated for decades. Israeli officials said the U.S. is also concerned about Chinese telecommunication companies like Huawei being involved in the future of building 5G infrastructure in Israel. 
  • According to Israeli officials, Netanyahu doesn't have a problem with pledging not to let Chinese telecom companies build Israel's 5G network. The biggest issue is the Haifa contract, since construction at the new port has already started and canceling the deal now would cause a huge crisis with China that Netanyahu is seeking to avoid.

The White House didn't dispute this account but refrained from commenting. The prime minister's office told me: "The story is not true."

This is what the decline of a superpower looks like.

Complacently assuming all will bow to your will merely because it's your will. 

Reliance on the wrong kind of power (for us, military) for too long as competitors invest in the right kind of power (economic).

Self-delusion about your own status and invincibility. (hubris)

The rise of a the competitor who is hungry. (nemesis)

We're not the first to slide down this path. The voices for the Republic will diminish over the years as fear moves the morons to want a strong man who will make things good again.

Luckily for me, I got to live in the best days. Sad we won't be leaving a piece of that behind for the following generations. 

11 hours ago, Burt said:

Old wives' tale. If it were true my wife would be throating my hog twice a day to collect my life insurance.

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

How much money are we talking about here?  Asking for a friend of course. 

How much money would it need to be for you to throat his hog twice a day?

Nothing like potentially threatening an ally.
https://www.axios.com/trump-netanyahu-israel-china-security-cooperation-243ea932-765b-490f-9002-9744192b8905.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

President Trump told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during their meeting at the White House on March 26 that if Israel doesn't limit its ties with China, security cooperation with the U.S. could be reduced, according to Israeli officials.

Why it matters: The Trump administration and the Netanyahu government are aligned on virtually every issue, but relations with China have emerged as a main point of contention. The Trump administration has already asked the Israeli government several times to limit its ties with China, and the fact that Trump himself raised it with Netanyahu indicates that the White House may be growing impatient.

The backdrop: In January, national security adviser John Bolton visited Israel and privately raised concerns about Israel's China ties with Netanyahu. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has also privately raised it with Netanyahu several times in the last 6 months, and even publicly warned recently that "intelligence sharing with Israel might have to be reduced."

• Netanyahu told Bolton and Pompeo that his security cabinet is about to pass a decision on forming a new government mechanism that will monitor Chinese investments in Israel. The security cabinet held two meetings on the issue in the last several months, but still hasn’t come to a decision due to disagreement between Israeli government agencies.

During the March 26 meeting, which took place minutes after Trump signed the presidential proclamation recognizing the Golan Heights as part of Israel, Trump was the one to raise the China issue. Trump didn't set an ultimatum or threaten Netanyahu, but wanted to know the status of the steps the prime minister had promised Bolton and Pompeo.

• Israeli officials told me Trump said he was concerned that the Chinese had won several major infrastructure projects — like the new port in Haifa, where the U.S. Navy's 6th Fleet has operated for decades. Israeli officials said the U.S. is also concerned about Chinese telecommunication companies like Huawei being involved in the future of building 5G infrastructure in Israel. 
  • According to Israeli officials, Netanyahu doesn't have a problem with pledging not to let Chinese telecom companies build Israel's 5G network. The biggest issue is the Haifa contract, since construction at the new port has already started and canceling the deal now would cause a huge crisis with China that Netanyahu is seeking to avoid.

The White House didn't dispute this account but refrained from commenting. The prime minister's office told me: "The story is not true."

Trump isn’t wrong regarding China. US political and business leaders have been complicit

See the China sucks thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=2053247&share_tid=1808&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esurlyhorns%2Ecom%2Fboard%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F1808-China-Sucks&share_type=t

ok, so far, the list of why he hasn't released them:

1. they don't show anything bad or unusual

2. they're very complex

3. he's under audit

4. legally, he doesn't have to

5. the dems aren't smart enough to understand them

feel free to add, i'm sure i've missed some.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

ok, so far, the list of why he hasn't released them:

1. they don't show anything bad or unusual

2. they're very complex

3. he's under audit

4. legally, he doesn't have to

5. the dems aren't smart enough to understand them

feel free to add, i'm sure i've missed some

6. He's the emperor and is above the law

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

6. He's the emperor and is above the law

Not too far from the truth. 

Our bitchass Congress has continually ceded power to the Executive for decades.  Turns out when politicians spend all their time campaigning and then after they've won, raising money for their next campaign while bending over to lick clean the assholes of the corporate masters they serve, they don't actually do their fucking jobs.  One of which is to be a check on the Executive. 

Oh well.  I'm sure the next person in office totally won't follow in Trump, Obama, Bush, and Clinton's footsteps and will instead give up some of the unilateral power of the office.  This time it'll be different.  For sure.