Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

14 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I feel your pain my man, so I listen to talk radio for most of the top stories. I tried tuning into the local news for a couple of weeks, but I live near Houston and it’s all robberies and murders. Although, sometimes they’ll throw in a story about a kid with no legs playing basketball, just to cleanse the palate. 

88.7 must've been off air those weeks.

1 hour ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

You prove my point.  Im supposed to believe what they are reporting when I know, you know, everbody knows they have an agenda?  That agenda is to make Republicans and their points of view  look bad...I'm a Republican.  If you believe everything they say is true and it doesn't bother you, then great, you've found a home to get your news from...Im not saying Fox doesnt have their agenda as well...I'm saying their arent many sources of news out their that aren't censored or targetted in some way.  If I'm not in the target group for a certain news outlet with a hardcore agenda, why would I want to watch it?

That’s a fascinating post. 

1 hour ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

You prove my point.  Im supposed to believe what they are reporting when I know, you know, everbody knows they have an agenda?  That agenda is to make Republicans and their points of view  look bad...I'm a Republican.  If you believe everything they say is true and it doesn't bother you, then great, you've found a home to get your news from...Im not saying Fox doesnt have their agenda as well...I'm saying their arent many sources of news out their that aren't censored or targetted in some way.  If I'm not in the target group for a certain news outlet with a hardcore agenda, why would I want to watch it?

Stop consuming the media you have a problem with. Turn it off.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

If you want the truth, there are NUMEROUS outlets that you should look to -- not only are Fox and CNN NOT your only two choices, they are two BAD choices.  Saying "I have to watch Fox because CNN sucks" is a false dichotomy.  Tune them both out. 

I disagree with you here. I used to avoid cable news completely, but now I watch a little of both, because they have got so much influence on the information landscape that I wouldn't be culturally literate in the general population if I didn't. 

This has been a big story the last 3 days in the local papers running from Jupiter up to Melbourne.  A few of the places were here in Vero.  Something like 173 arrest warrants issued last night.  Kraft had to be one of those.

It's not a Palm Beach or Miami thing, its a north of there, smaller city chain thing.  Crazy that he went from his mansion on Jupiter Is. to a low rent shit hole massage place.  The cops had tapes of all the johns, as they have been surveilling for 2 months or more.

9 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I disagree with you here. I used to avoid cable news completely, but now I watch a little of both, because they have got so much influence on the information landscape that I wouldn't be culturally literate in the general population if I didn't. 

Yeah, just skim their websites from time to time -- that's what I do.  Ain't nobody got time to rot their brain with Hannity or Don Lemon.

Van Jones cracks me up, though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

What's great about Trump is he either "doesn't know too much about it" or "knows more about it than anyone". 

It's almost like he's full of shit or something. 

Amazing how certain he is about, say, Jussie Smollet, or the death penalty for the Central Park Five.  But for white guy "friends" video evidence isn't enough. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

You’ve been brainwashed.

You sound like my dad and every scared old white man I know.

I NEVER MENTIONED ANOTHER NEWS SOURCE.

You jumped to your conclusion and shut yourself down to any argument.

I could post hundreds of true factual new stories from multiple outlets that “make Republicans look bad” and you’d shout them down regardless of the facts because as you’ve stated repeatedly your only concern is how they “make republicans look” and how that makes you feel.

You aren’t concerned about facts.

You don’t want anything to permeate your bubble and make you question your truth.

You need deprogramming.

Brainwashed?  Shit!  Maybe some of us so called old people that arent that old yet have seen this country change for the worse and don't  like it....My generation would never let the government take away our rights for a few freebies...This new generation seems to be begging the government to do just that....You could learn a lot from history...

• Fuck You 13

Just now, Rockymtnhigh said:

Brainwashed?  Shit!  Maybe some of us so called old people that arent that old yet have seen this country change for the worse and don't  like it....My generation would never let the government take away our rights for a few freebies...This new generation seems to be begging the government to do just that....You could learn a lot from history...

You can thank your parents and grandparents for Social Security and Medicare.

IT SEEMS LIKE A VERY LONG TIME AGO?????

What, exactly, is the statute of limitations on outrage at shielding a serial pedophile while acting as an agent of law enforcement?

But Bill Clinton’s accusers from 30 years ago need to be brought to a debate to prove his wife shouldn’t be president.

I hate this motherfucker.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

matlock-simpsons-aarp.gif?resize=300,225

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

giphy.gif

which generation is that?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

Pray tell, how much debt were you forced to incur to receive an education?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

I'm probably older than you . . . and I think you're full of shit.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

And there it is.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:57 AM, Born to Run said:

Well said. I can’t think of one Conservative that has ever done anything to reduce abortions other than vote to court stack and protest people who’ve already made the decision. They don’t work in the community, adopt, or press issues forward that might actually reduce the “need” for abortions. They don’t even discuss it. It’s a wedge that gave us Trump.

There was a conservative on NPR that went through all the reasons he was critical of Trump - policy, morality etc. He was against Most everything he’s done. Basically he will support Trump because abortion. That’s it.

What is your basis for claiming conservatives don't adopt children?  In my experience just about the only people who do adopt children are conservative Christians.  

Libs are more likely to adopt a cat than a child.

Just now, lemonlime said:

The good old days.  Where the highest federal income tax bracket was something like 80%, and we had Jim Crow, homosexuality was a crime,  marital rape wasn't a crime, and sexual abuse of children was swept under the rug.

Actually, it was 91% marginal rates on all income over $400,000 for married couples under Eisenhower, but your point remains.

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

What is your basis for claiming conservatives don't adopt children?  In my experience just about the only people who do adopt children are conservative Christians.  

Libs are more likely to adopt a cat than a child.

Your experience is anecdotal, and driven by selection bias (I doubt you hang around many "libs").  I live in Austin.  Trust me, "libs" adopt a good number of kids.