Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i seriously fucking doubt it.  but someone can correct me.

Yeah, and even if he was "required to" he'd just refuse. Who would make him? The only check on the POTUS openly breaking laws and defying the constitution is impeachment and conviction which isn't happening. Our checks and balances don't really exist anymore.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Yeah, and even if he was "required to" he'd just refuse. Who would make him? The only check on the POTUS openly breaking laws and defying the constitution is impeachment and conviction which isn't happening. Our checks and balances don't really exist anymore.

there could be a law saying if he's compelled he has to appear.

he can tell congress to pound sand.

and it won't be the worst abuse of power or lawlessness that particular day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lurch said:

We shouldn’t decide to impeach based on political value. The man is a significant threat to the country and needs to be addressed as such.

Politics is the only way we're going to get him out of office. It's that simple.

Edited by BradInATX

7 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

There's also an election in 19 months that will take care of it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lurch said:

We shouldn’t decide to impeach based on political value. The man is a significant threat to the country and needs to be addressed as such.

This is why I said it in the first place  -  he is very clearly a danger.  There's evidence he's constantly telling his underlings to commit illegal acts.  Throw politics aside, he needs to be taken the fuck out. 

Regarding POTUS testimony when impeached:  a little googling indicates that the Senate cannot force his testimony, but I haven't seen it laid out in actual rules of impeachment.  Given the fact that impeachment is not a criminal proceeding, this would seem to make some sense.

32 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

agree with everything (in theory) except the senate vote.  you're kidding yourself.

You’re not thinking multi-dimensionally.  If the case is compelling enough the Senate will force Trump to resign because the majority of GOP senators do not want to put their name to a vote to acquit or convict Trump when they can easily avoid it by forcing Trump to resign.  They also don’t want go through a damaging trial in the Senate.

All it would take is 20 apprehensive senators to have complete leverage over Trump.  They would  likely negotiate some kind of deal with Trump to leave.  

I know this is not going to happen because the Dems are pussies but I don’t think the Senate would take the vote if it got to that point. 

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You’re not thinking multi-dimensionally.  If the case is compelling enough the Senate will force Trump to resign because the majority of GOP senators do not want to put their name to a vote to acquit or convict Trump when they can easily avoid it by forcing Trump to resign.  They also don’t want go through a damaging trial in the Senate.

All it would take is 20 apprehensive senators to have complete leverage over Trump.  They would  likely negotiate some kind of deal with Trump to leave.  

I know this is not going to happen because the Dems are pussies but I don’t think the Senate would take the vote if it got to that point. 

they'll all put their names to it under cover of party loyalty.

i want to agree with everything you're saying, but you are 100% on the wrong side of this one.

it's been going on for 2+ years.  look around.

1 hour ago, Mojo Hand said:

Oh, and I'll add, Trump will be going after Hillary and the Dems for being behind the Mueller investigation.   The public fight about this will continue; the only question is whose turf the fight will be on.   

If the Dems don't impeach, they will be in a defensive position, arguing that it was indeed legitimate to investigate what didn't turn up impeachable offenses.  If they do impeach, go 100% after Trump's abuses of power, and blame the R Senate for shielding him, Trump's bullshit hoax stuff will be the weaker defensive position. 

qft. The Dems will have been attempting a coup. Hillary's emails and Strzok and Page. And NO COLLUSION and NO OBSTRUCTION!!1

Have this fight out in the open -- not on Twitter. Get every nasty detail out there.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

i want to agree with everything you're saying, but you are 100% on the wrong side of this one.

I'm agreeing with you but to play devil's advocate they've never had a clear kill shot.  This would be it.  Also if his numbers remain in the tank, it gives them a chance to run someone with a real chance in 2020 and wash their hands of this mess - it will work for those sitting on the fence, if the economy is solid. 

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I'm agreeing with you but to play devil's advocate they've never had a clear kill shot.  This would be it.  Also if his numbers remain in the tank, it gives them a chance to run someone with a real chance in 2020 and wash their hands of this mess - it will work for those sitting on the fence, if the economy is solid. 

you guys are acting like today was the first day anyone found out trump was a piece of shit.

the republicans (religious right) who have lived their entire lives fighting against people like trump will fucking die with him.  i'd love to be wrong, but it'll never happen.

and their best chance in 2020 is trump and nobody else.  if he gets impeached, if he resigns, if he dies - the dems will crush anyone else.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

you guys are acting like today was the first day anyone found out trump was a piece of shit.

the republicans (religious right) who have lived their entire lives fighting against people like trump will fucking die with him.  i'd love to be wrong, but it'll never happen.

and their best chance in 2020 is trump and nobody else.  if he gets impeached, if he resigns, if he dies - the dems will crush anyone else.

I'm in full agreement - see devil's advocate above.  I  have no faith in the D party. 

18 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Party loyalty is irrelevant when it comes to political survival.  The republicans just got crushed by the democrats in the election six months ago and it was mostly because of Trump.  There’s going to be a breaking point if Trump continues to be a liability.  All that needs to shift is public opinion regarding removing Trump.  The senators will follow if it gets bad enough.  The job for the democrats is to move public opinion and Mueller has given them the tools to do that.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

21 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Party loyalty is irrelevant when it comes to political survival.  The republicans just got crushed by the democrats in the election six months ago and it was mostly because of Trump.  There’s going to be a breaking point if Trump continues to be a liability.  All that needs to shift is public opinion regarding removing Trump.  The senators will follow if it gets bad enough.  The job for the democrats is to move public opinion and Mueller has given them the tools to do that.

I think the Mueller report has politically given them enough to sow doubt and prep these fertile fields, but it'll be the off-shoot investigations that will prove critical in growing these crops and yielding the bounty. ~ Chauncey Gardiner

2 hours ago, BradInATX said:

What does this even mean? Every functioning person in this country who isn't greedy, an asshole, or a racist/xenophobe would have him out of office yesterday if it were possible. Save your holier than thou for someone else. You are thinking with your feelings and not your brain.

What would you have them do? House impeaches, gets immediately shot down in the senate. What have you proven? How have you acted ethically? The only thing you've done is improve the chances that we end up with four more years, which means four more years of our country's morals, ethics, and soul being whittled away. 

The most ethical thing we can do is get him out. Impeaching hurts our chances of that. Ergo..

The sad thing is that this very wise political assessment is so jaded as to what is the right thing to do when a candidate  invites and uses a foreign entity to interfere in our election. When the man is unfit for the office of president and is a cancer on our republic. But it is wise....it is the right path. We are already broken. When we allowed dark money, when we allowed the gerrymandering....we fucked ourselves. We do need to be wise.

Maybe just maybe when they hold their hearings and they expose the truth of this corrupt unfit executive, we force the Senate Republicans to throw up their hands and say, "No, I won't support him anymore. We need to remove the cancer." 

Is this likely? No, alas it is not. But it is the way to push this forward. We need to shame and embarrass  the Senate Republicans into  acting in the best interest of our Republic. We need to shine the light on the horrible trash of the Trump Presidency  and make them want to help us cleanse ourselves of it. If election happens first then fine.  But they need to keep working to excise the cancer.  This whole fucking report has saddened me with how low we have fallen. I just hope we have enough gumption to stand up and face this like the good people I hope we still are.

Emotionally, I agree with every point you are making. Reading the report today, the one thought that kept going through my head is “we gotta get this fucker out of here.” But you’re out of your mind if you think there’s anything Trump could do that would shift public opinion enough to force the senators’ hands. Between 38-42% of the country would let him murder their Mom if it led to lib tears. His base is not enough to carry an election, but it does provide a pretty high floor for approval.

In a vacuum, your head is in the right place. But in this country, there’s no way the dipshit will ever be forcibly removed.

• Like 1

The job for the democrats is to move public opinion and Mueller has given them the tools to do that.

Wait...are you being serious with this public opinion shit? You, like MANY educated, rational people grossly underestimate the fear based, confirmation biased, racist, science hating ignorant fucksticks that make up ‘Merica.
  • Like 4

We need to shame and embarrass  the Senate Republicans into  acting in the best interest of our Republic. We need to shine the light on the horrible trash of the Trump Presidency  and make them want to help us cleanse ourselves of it. If election happens first then fine. 

See the thing is that is never, ever going to happen.

The chances that impeachment gives Trump a bump are far greater than the chances that the GOP senate convicts him. Because any number is larger than zero.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

I totally agree with this idea but reality is the house will vote to impeach and the senate will not vote guilty.  All that does is give him momentum for 2020.  If you truly want Trump out ASAP then let him continue to trip over his own dick and get voted out bigly in 2020. 

Pundits said the same thing about the 2016 campaign.  All Hillary has to do is play defense and let Trump keep on saying stupid shit.  It's in the bag.

Bullshit, time to go scorched earth on dotard.  We need someone to get in the muck with his fat ass and start hitting him where it hurts... his ego.

Here's my 2¢. Get Mueller before Congress asap to explain his findings. Weren't there something like 13 items they sent to state courts to investigate? Let's get some focus on those. 

Edit: I was completely wrong. These are not the droids you are looking for.

Edited by RPM
fake news
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RPM said:

Here's my 2¢. Get Mueller before Congress asap to explain his findings. Weren't there something like 13 items they sent to state courts to investigate? Let's get some focus on those. A state felony conviction would make Dotard ineligible to hold office and he couldn't pardon himself.

A felon can still be president if the people are stupid enough to elect him.

Hint: They are that stupid.

• Like 1

The Senate Republicans will never put the country before their party.  Richard Burr was supposed to be one of the decent ones and even he was feeding Trump info about Mueller's investigation.  Mitch McConnell can never be counted on to do the right thing.

8 hours ago, BradInATX said:

See the thing is that is never, ever going to happen.

The chances that impeachment gives Trump a bump are far greater than the chances that the GOP senate convicts him. Because any number is larger than zero.

Well, any positive number.  But you are right.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Tweeting out "total bullshit". That's new. 

Hate to be that guy but with everything that has come to light from the report just imagine if Obama had ever tweeted that even without everything else Trump has said and done.  The hypocrisy of the right in the way they treat these two presidents really is something to behold.

I was not in favor of impeachment proceedings but I may be leaning towards it now. Get Mueller to publicly testify. After he affirms what's in the report, you almost have to go for impeachment. It will not pass in the Senate but the House almost has no choice but to start proceedings. You cannot have a president obstruct justice(even just attempting) or directing others to obstruct justice and not go through the impeachment process.

• Like 5

I was not in favor of impeachment proceedings but I may be leaning towards it now. Get Mueller to publicly testify. After he affirms what's in the report, you almost have to go for impeachment. It will not pass in the Senate but the House almost has no choice but to start proceedings. You cannot have a president obstruct justice(even just attempting) or directing others to obstruct justice and not go through the impeachment process.
I'm not sure if I see the downside at this point. You're going to be investigating all this shit anyway. Follow the constitutional process, put all the evidence out there and let Trump and his party defend this shit. Make them go on record against the rule of law.

Don't understand how any non-deplorable in this country could still be milquetoast about impeachment. Even without the report there are a dozen things to impeach Trump for. History will look back and wonder wtf were we doing capitulating on this issue. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, bolverk said:

I think the Mueller report has politically given them enough to sow doubt and prep these fertile fields, but it'll be the off-shoot investigations that will prove critical in growing these crops and yielding the bounty. ~ Chauncey Gardiner

Well, he does like to watch

14 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

They have to fight dirty and that is what they are terrible at. They are dealing with the worst human being to ever hold the office of the presidency and they continue to try and use proper decorum when they need to be slinging his own shit back at him 24/7. 

You don't beat this cancer by wishing it away. You aggressively fight back every moment possible and make his life a living hell. You put him on defense every waking moment and take away his ability to control the narrative. I believe the Dems will have their version of a come to Jesus moment at some point this year and finally work in unison again this cretin. What finally gets them to go on a full-blown offensive is anyone's guess because Christ, as stated by others many times, they are bad at this.

The time to be nice and cordial has long-since passed. Get down and dirty and get this country back to some semblance of normal instead of whatever the hell this is right now.

That's not the strategy the Dems used to score historic victories in the 2018 election. You can't beat Trump at his own game. Getting down in the mud and wrestling the pig gives him the advantage. 

Oh, I got it brutha.  From the fact they both learn everything from television to the poorly fitted ties.  It's gotten. 

Then again, they have so much in conflict in that I still like Chance the Gardener.  But yeah, if he were still alive...I'd bet he'd draw some similarities in truth being stranger than fiction.  I wish I could find an online (for proper pay) version of that movie.  

Anyway,