Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

The fact he's hiding his taxes should be a huge red flag in the trust dept to anyone with half a brain. He's bought and paid for by foreign interests. He's a straight up criminal fleecing the nation. The GOP have hopped aboard the Trump train and deserve to go down with him. You can't sell out your country for personal gain. There won't be any country left.

• Like 2

I think keeping it limited to three is reasonable.  

1.  Abuse of Power - extorting Ukraine military aid for 2020 election assistance/interference

2.  Obstruction of justice - Multiple counts in the Mueller Report

3.  Obstructing Congress of it’s constitutional duties by withholding testimony and documents subpoenaed.

The Senate will have to vote to convict or acquit on each article and it only takes ONE conviction vote on any article to count.  

Not mentioned:  foreign and domestic emoluments, subversion of the free press, witness tampering, and 40 other abuses of power. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s unethical, treacherous, negligent, and a betrayal of his duties but I don’t know how you would prosecute that in an article of impeachment.

Wouldn't it fall under "preserve, protect and defend The Constitution of The United States of America" thingy?

2 minutes ago, RPM said:

Wouldn't it fall under "preserve, protect and defend The Constitution of The United States of America" thingy?

So the article would be “Failure to uphold his constitutional duties”  I could buy it.  I don’t think the democrats are going to pursue an article like that but they would be justified if the wanted to. 

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So the article would be “Failure to uphold his constitutional duties”  I could buy it.  I don’t think the democrats are going to pursue an article like that but they would be justified if the wanted to. 

Pelosi did come out and say the reason they are impeaching is because Trump failed to uphold his constitutional duties, so I think there's a good chance they will be including that article.

It's the best way to avoid looking political..."hey, we had no choice because we all took an oath..."

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is very on brand today:

Two generations passing the baton of debt and endless war. One who utilized blind patriotism and another who manipulated the protective status of Israel to promote perpetual expense and conflict. Say cheese. 

Trumpians:   Explain how what he said was in any way a quid pro quo!?! 

Everyone:  Well, it's pretty self-explanatory, but if you need a reference point, it's like the classic mobster shakedown, "I need a favor, by the way, nice store, it would be a shame if someone destroyed it."

Trumpians:   OMG you're making up different words than he used, this is the real scandal!!! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s unethical, treacherous, negligent, and a betrayal of his duties but I don’t know how you would prosecute that in an article of impeachment.

Are you fucking serious?  You're like the Chuck Todd of surly, if his mother was Anastasis.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Are you fucking serious?  You're like the Chuck Todd of surly, if his mother was Anastasis.

He literally asked Russia to hack Hillary on live television.  You gonna write an article of impeachment for that too? 

Look, in a perfect world there would be 100 articles of Impeachment on Trump but the goal here is to move public opinion.  

You have to keep it simple for everyone to easily understand when you make your case to remove Trump from office.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

Yeah, as calculated and politically craven as it is, I’m with Hugo.

If the Democrats try and throw everything impeachable Trump has done at the wall NOTHING is gonna stick.

That gives Trump and Moscow Mitch and Russian Rudy the opportunity to nitpick 87 different stories to death. And when just one of those is less than airtight, then that one becomes the narrative and “Well, this is wrong so how can you believe the other 86?”.

It’s not right and it’s not logical but that’s how it will go. The Republicans are vastly better at messaging - mostly because they play to the lowest common denominator and ignorance - and they will gaslight the public.

Hand the public 87 different “high crimes and misdemeanors”, each with their own set of facts and no overreaching narrative, what are the non-political junkies (95% of Americans) likely to do?

Throw their hands up and tune out.

This Ukraine mess is a simple, easy to understand narrative. Focus in on that and hammer it home. Don’t get in the weeds.

No matter how much all the other stuff is deserving of inclusion, the end goal is what matters. Including everything doesn’t remove him quicker or punish him more.

They only need one thing to stick. He cannot be MORE punished by this process just because they throw 87 offenses at him.

He’s done thousands of horrible things and if jaywalking across Pennsylvania Avenue (lol like he walks anywhere) is what removes him, I’m completely fine with that.

• Like 2

Sounds like mulvaney is out soon. Since he’s been loyal enough, I’m sure trump will send him back to his 2 other jobs as Director of both the OMB and CFPB.  Stephanie Grisham should move up to Chief of Staff next.  She’s done a great job with Press Secretary and appears to have plenty of time available.

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Jim Jordan looking like an intern without a coat is on SOTU on CNN right now crying about the partisan whistleblower 

Nothing better than these big, tough Team R members whining and crying about perceived unfairness and inequitable treatment.

Nancy has her flaws, but she carries herself better with the media than most everyone associated with the GOP.

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Chris Wallace is great. But that's broadcast Fox, not FNC

Yeah I just a link to an exchange with Miller. I wasn’t aware that Chris Wallace was the moderator. He pressed Miller pretty good, I think I saw some weird twitches like that alien guy from MiB when he was getting upset. 

Miller got shredded by Wallace, it was a sad filibuster hoping to run out the time.  It was brutal with responses from Wallace like " I guess you won't answer that one." and "With all due respect sir,this is an exercise in obfuscation."

If Miller is Trump's new best defender this is going to go very, very badly for Trump and Company.  The refusal to answer the very simple question of (paraphrased)"Why use private lawyers, rather than all the powers of the federal government at Trump's disposal?" " was pretty telling simply because NOBODY, not even that sycophant Stephen Miller can answer that one!

Tick Tock... 

Edited by horn4life
Changed "anal licker" to sycophant- out of respect for anal lickers.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I wish the interviewers would start to kick people off their shows for refusing to answer or even acknowledge a question. I know that each individual show/interviewer worry that if they’re too “mean” that certain guests will refuse to come on their show but if all of the shows take a stand, the guests will have to start answering questions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sunday morning shows used to be debate about different but reasonable ideas and now it’s adults (interviewers) dealing with children (politicians.). 

I always want to hear the off camera conversations after interviews that like.

Same.  I could see Tapper turning to Jordan and calling him a complete piece of shit.   At least I hope that's what he did.