Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Yes it is. It’s working enough. There’s 35% of our population that is now firmly entrenched in xenophobia and white nationalism, and they’re never leaving that trench.

IMO the wall is mostly a distraction and a simple concept that the base can argue about to drive the news cycle. If trump enriched himself off of it with some friends, the better.

Gays are not getting the icky reactions. God’s isn’t working either and we have mostly moved past the Muslims = terrorist sympathizers stage. Guns are turning into a little problem with all the dead kids and mass killings and NRA being a front for foreign campaign violations. Abortions isn’t something they actually cared about ever, only their idiot supporters cared.

They need a news topic that can keep everyone focused away from the magician’s hand. It is simpler than complex things like magazine size limits, rate of fire, bumpstocks, and those things don’t get the base fired up like a good old binary debate on something not needed or wanted that has been out of the collective mind.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Can’t wait until the fiscal conservatives show back up in two years.

You may or may not be joking but I fully expect a Democratic president in 2020 and on Jan 21, 2021, these same people will be screaming about fiscal discipline and the media will take them seriously.

• Like 3

I couldn't remember anything about Cohen's father-in-law in this whole mess, so I just googled this:

Laura Cohen has more connections to Trump than simply being married to the man who was his personal lawyer for many years. Her Ukrainian father, Fima Shusterman, introduced Michael Cohen to Trump, longtime Associated Press reporter Seth Hettena wrote in his book Trump / Russia: A Definitive History published in May. A former federal investigator in the book alleges that Fima Shusterman could have been Trump’s business partner on the quiet and that Trump employed Cohen within the Trump Organization “as a favor to Shusterman.” Michael Cohen denied the claims.

Laura Cohen’s parents reportedly co-own property with the Cohens in Trump Tower in New York City.

https://www.newsweek.com/who-michael-cohen-wife-laura-shusterman-1242311

45 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Most anyone else, if confronted with a question like this, would have an immediate, strong and non-ambigious answer.  Hell, the question even came from a Fox host.

That leads to two possible explanations:  Trump is senile and just didn't understand the question, or he really is working on behalf of Russia.

15 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Wrong ?  Nothing wrong with Hillary Clinton not being president.  Everything in fact is very right that she's not. 

How is it you mentioned her when she was not brought up? That's fairly strange to me. She is not the president (I know, I know praise Jobu) and yet somehow is occupying space in your head rent free. You really ought to contact the Clinton Foundation and bill them for that.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

How is it you mentioned her when she was not brought up? That's fairly strange to me. She is not the president (I know, know praise Jobu) and yet somehow is occupying space in your head rent free. You really ought to contact the Clinton Foundation and bill them for that.

He justifies his Totally Not Support At All of Trump by shrieking at the sky at how bad Hillary is and disappearing from the thread whenever you ask him to provide any evidence whatsofuckingever of her wrongdoings.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

He justifies his Totally Not Support At All of Trump by shrieking at the sky at how bad Hillary is and disappearing from the thread whenever you ask him to provide any evidence whatsofuckingever of her wrongdoings.

It's honestly sad. I mean we are well past the point where it is blatantly obvious that almost every word Trump utters is false. A normal human being would think Trump's behavior is abhorrent yet here he is

And read his posts in the AOC thread.

It’s more than just a disagreement about politics and issues.

The tone is very similar and he usually only takes it when the target is a woman.

If I cared to research, I’m sure I’d find a similar dismissive and angry tone directed at Nancy Pelosi.

It’s not the D behind their names. It’s the V between their legs.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

You may or may not be joking but I fully expect a Democratic president in 2020 and on Jan 21, 2021, these same people will be screaming about fiscal discipline and the media will take them seriously.

that is about as bold of a prediction as the sun rising in the east.

• Like 1

Ratings keep getting worse for Trumpity Trump on the shutdown.  The good news forhim is more brain damaged GOP'ers want a wall more than ever.  They're a scared bunch.

The sample here is a little small and it’s adults, not likely voters or registered voters, but don’t bury the lede- there are two key results that jump out to me in the details
1) increased support for the wall is mostly coming from base GOP voters and
2) About a THIRD of self identified conservatives blame Trump and Republicans for the shutdown.

This is a brutal result for the GOP.

21 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Lovely 

Why would anyone be surprised?  Ya'll know Trump is going to order a military action against Iran for, well, something when he has no other distractions from Russia, Mueller, whatever. 

Today's distraction is a shutdown/wall.  Once that is over with, he's gonna need another.  Invading/bombing/possibly nuking Iran is the ultimate distraction (support the troops!  Cue Lee Greenwood! 'Merica!)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Today's distraction is a shutdown/wall.  Once that is over with, he's gonna need another.  Invading/bombing/possibly nuking Iran is the ultimate distraction (support the troops!  Cue Lee Greenwood! 'Merica!)

I dunno, his base has been well conditioned to oppose foreign military intervention and you know the rest of America wants none of it. 

Trump will find some way to hurt more Americans as a distraction.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I dunno, his base has been well conditioned to oppose foreign military intervention and you know the rest of America wants none of it. 

Trump will find some way to hurt more Americans as a distraction.  

Shit, in less than 3 tweets Trump would convince his cultists we need to nuke the Vatican to send a message, so hell yes they would line up and fully support some military action against Iran.

• Like 3