Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

14 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Can you imagine if Obama had told U.S. born citizens, like Trump, that he should go back to the shithole country that he came from?  I mean, Trump's words were the most fundamentally Un-American language of any President I can think of.  They don't come as a surprise, of course, but where are all the Republicans condemning them?  This is a rejection of the motto on the Great Seal (E Pluribus Unum), "From Many, One."   What's worse is that Trump realizes that, once he's out of office, he and his kids are fair game for prosecutors, so his poisonous words/actions are liable to become much, much more outlandish. 

Oh this is only the beginning. Expect 15 more months of this rhetoric. He and his advisors have calculated that having these four congresswomen and immigration in the news is the best path for re-election. Those four are getting more coverage than Dem presidential candidates. This is what he wants. 

obviously workshopped quite a bit to come up with "not reflective of our values" as the euphemism for "super racist," so I deduct points for that, but he could have just stopped after the "we are proud" sentence.  gets points for saying the president must disavow his comments and not even acknowledging the right wing talking about the message not being that racist because he said they should come back after they go.  I give it a B.

8 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Pearland rep.

This is the best we're going to get. Other reps from similar diverse districts will probably follow suit.

24 hours to come up with "disavowal," but not condemnation.   Pathetic. 

Edit:  actually, even worse.  I misread that he was urging others to join him in disavowing, but he isn't even doing that.   Not reflective.  Shameful. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

The "King of Debt" (and stiffing those he owes) working his and the GOP's magic.

http://www.crfb.org/blogs/deficit-has-never-been-high-when-economy-was-strong

This year, the budget deficit is projected to total about $970 billion – 4.6 percent of GDP – up from $666 billion (3.5 percent of GDP) in 2017. This borrowing is virtually unprecedented in current economic conditions.

Normally, deficits rise during recessions and fall during economic expansions. This feature is unsurprising: lower incomes lead to lower tax revenue (and higher spending on programs like unemployment insurance), and policymakers often respond to recessions by enacting economic stimulus.

Rarely have deficits risen when the economy is booming. And never in modern U.S. history have deficits been so high outside of a war or recession (or their aftermath).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

The "King of Debt" (and stiffing those he owes) working his and the GOP's magic.

http://www.crfb.org/blogs/deficit-has-never-been-high-when-economy-was-strong

This year, the budget deficit is projected to total about $970 billion – 4.6 percent of GDP – up from $666 billion (3.5 percent of GDP) in 2017. This borrowing is virtually unprecedented in current economic conditions.

Normally, deficits rise during recessions and fall during economic expansions. This feature is unsurprising: lower incomes lead to lower tax revenue (and higher spending on programs like unemployment insurance), and policymakers often respond to recessions by enacting economic stimulus.

Rarely have deficits risen when the economy is booming. And never in modern U.S. history have deficits been so high outside of a war or recession (or their aftermath).

No worries, Trump and Rand Paul had a great chat about it while golfing on the taxpayers' dime this weekend.  They decided to blame Democrats for it. 

9 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Pearland rep.

This is the best we're going to get. Other reps from similar diverse districts will probably follow suit.

We'll get similar from Romney by the end of today. Maybe another Senator or two. In a week we'll have moved on. Rinse/repeat.

The republican party is a white nationalist party led by an overt racist. It is not the party of small government. It is not the party of fiscal responsibility or social conservatism, if it ever we're those things. It's the party of Trump. And it's no longer enough not to tolerate him, the whole party is fucked. Im going to disassociate myself with every republican I can.

• Like 8

I just don’t understand the Christians in all of this. Neither Trump nor the GOP is demonstrating behavior that is inline with Christian principles, except for the official church view on abortion. Why are these people staying with the Republican Party and Trump? I don’t get it.

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I just don’t understand the Christians in all of this. Neither Trump nor the GOP is demonstrating behavior that is inline with Christian principles, except for the official church view on abortion. Why are these people staying with the Republican Party and Trump? I don’t get it.

Because they’ve been led to believe the democrats are satanic child eaters so they have no alternative.

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Christian denominations are very non-uniform on this.  Seems to me evangelical means Trump.  For everyone else, your support for him depends on all the other individual demographic factors and religion ends up not being predictive.

FT_19.03.12_religiousGroupsTrump_smallMu

2 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Remember when Trump claimed Judge Curiel, who was born in Indiana, couldn't fairly preside over his Trump University case because he was a Mexican? 93b719c5816abb05d067b4eb1da658c6.jpg

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk

how nice of a world we would be living in if someone like Ted Cruz posted something like this.

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

The answer is that there are a lot of phony Christians who use their religion to justify what they want and discard its principles whenever they would conflict with what they want. 

18 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

We'll get similar from Romney by the end of today. Maybe another Senator or two. In a week we'll have moved on. Rinse/repeat.

The republican party is a white nationalist party led by an overt racist. It is not the party of small government. It is not the party of fiscal responsibility or social conservatism, if it ever we're those things. It's the party of Trump. And it's no longer enough not to tolerate him, the whole party is fucked. Im going to disassociate myself with every republican I can.

bbbbbbbbut economic anxiety...

the media really screwed that one up.

I’m not religious so I’m just fucking baffled by all of it.... but Texas football is about the closest thing I have. To me this would be like if one day CDC announced that we’re changing our school colors to maroon, our right song to Boomer Sooner, and our nickname to the Aggie Sooners. And then everyone cheered it all on. “But doesn’t this go against.... everything?”.
“Shut up libtard! Gig em!”.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I think it mostly boils down to abortion and bigotry for them.  The ends justify the means.  That's where they come up w/ that bullshit about Trump being an instrument of God.  It's twisted fucking thinking but they feel that if Trump can pack the courts and get Roe v Wade overturned/castrated, then it will all be worth it.

The fact that Trump is vile, crooked and stupid is irrelevant...as long as they can get their way on abortion.   

Now, marinate that anti-abortion zeal in a little white nationalism and you have yourself an army of ignorant, Christian soldiers. 

28 minutes ago, retread said:

Trump never disavows.

After lukewarm tweets, nothing more is ever said by Rs in Congress.

Not only does he not disavow, he doubles and triples down on his behavior  just to prove his point that he can get away with it within his own party. They won’t say shit. And he knows it. And Pelosi would do shit. And he knows it.  Rinse and repeat with even more outrageous conduct. 

I honestly don’t think he’ll be satisfied until somebody is physically harmed. Whether a politician or member of the media. And even then he’ll blame somebody else. Other politicians or the media. 

29 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Oh this is only the beginning. Expect 15 more months of this rhetoric. He and his advisors have calculated that having these four congresswomen and immigration in the news is the best path for re-election. Those four are getting more coverage than Dem presidential candidates. This is what he wants. 

Good, because he's chipping away at his own base.  He lost two of my Facebook friends with this latest salvo.  Leading up to the election and for the first year of his administration these two friends were incredibly pro-trump, to the point of posting all kinds of stuff that turned out to be generated by Russians.  Then I noticed that about a year ago they both stopped.  This morning one said "Trump should not have said that"  and the other out-and-out said "This was the last straw. I've given up on him."  So, slowly, the 40% is being whittled down, drip by drip, with each display of spectacular incompetence/racism. He's also losing a little bit from his alt-right base.  By election time, only the hard core, incorrigible Trumpkins will vote for him. Not saying that either of these friends are going to vote for a Democrat (I could see one doing so, based on other past posts), but I could see them both just staying home on election day. 

11 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Who gets to determine who is an authentic christian versus a phony christian?  

That's too deep of a question for anyone to answer. But from the outside looking in, historical Jesus was pro-immigrant and was anti many things the current republican party supports. Many churches say "our doors are open to everyone" but do not really allow gays to do anything in the church unless they agree to just never be intimate with anyone they love (and some will refuse to accept even that). And more to the point, they support the current nonsense that people born outside of our borders are less than a 'murican in god's eyes. That is enough to tell me they are hypocritical at best. Authentic vs. phony? I don't really know what that means. I just know they are bigots and assholes and do not represent what the church says its supposed to be.

31 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

For most white protestant Christians in this country, Trump's behavior is absolutely in line with Christian principles. They use their opposition to abortion as a moral facade to hide behind, a way to justify obviously immoral shit to themselves and others, but their only real belief is that we should have a patriarchal system of white supremacy.

I’m apathetic to voting in general, as my cynicism sees all politicians as crooks on some form or another.  And while I tend to view myself as a compassionate conservative, I don’t see any compassion or fiscal conservatism from the Republican Party, and haven’t for probably 20 years. 

I’d prefer, I think, literally any democrat to trump. And I might even bother voting for him or her rather than abstaining next year, though I’m not sure Wyoming is in play nor does its EV really matter. 

After the last election, I enjoyed the idea of an outsider (relative term, he’s still a rich white guy with lots of connections) winning in an upset, and was hopeful that the weight of the office would bend him into decent shape as the chief executive.  

But damn if he isn’t every bit the racist sexist blowhard he ever was, and gets worse and more emboldened by the day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m apathetic to voting in general, as my cynicism sees all politicians as crooks on some form or another.  And while I tend to view myself as a compassionate conservative, I don’t see any compassion or fiscal conservatism from the Republican Party, and haven’t for probably 20 years. 

I’d prefer, I think, literally any democrat to trump. And I might even bother voting for him or her rather than abstaining next year, though I’m not sure Wyoming is in play nor does its EV really matter. 

After the last election, I enjoyed the idea of an outsider (relative term, he’s still a rich white guy with lots of connections) winning in an upset, and was hopeful that the weight of the office would bend him into decent shape as the chief executive.  

But damn if he isn’t every bit the racist sexist blowhard he ever was, and gets worse and more emboldened by the day. 

Reagan was Keynesian as well.  "Fiscal conservatism" is really just bullshit to fool rubes such as yourself.

Anyone who’s grandparents were born in Germany can get the fuck out. Those fuckers attacked Pearl Harbor damnit. 

Also any anchor babies with Russian born moms can get the fuck out. Those ruskies just want to make this place a communist hellhole. 

Whose with me! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

I should just make this my signature at this point:

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."  - George Orwell, 1984

I re-read that book in 1984. I'd always discredited its premise because I didn't see how someone could gain so much power over a free people. In 1984, under Reagan, it just hit me: the people will demand it.

Here we are.

"And all I'm saying — they want to leave, they can leave."

They don't want to leave.  They want to stay and fix this mess.  Trump wants them to leave, and they won't.  Which pisses him off.  Damn uppity women not doing what he says, and he can't force them to do something they don't want to do.  This drives Trump insane.

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Like 2

Wait, 1984 was written in 1984 about Reagan?    

Yeah, I have to admit I totally thought the gun nuts were keeping their guns to defend themselves against government oppression.  Turns out that 38% were keeping their guns to turn them on us, those fellow citizens that wouldn't want to along with they and their dear leader's vision.