Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

22 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Just think about this--

The President of the United States in the year 2019 just told sitting Congresspersons who are Americans to go back to the country they came from. 

Just sit there and think about that for a minute. 

And continues to have the overwhelming support of Republican members of the House and Senate, and Republican voters in doing so.   

"We're the greatest country in the world."

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating. What organization or association or anything ever improved itself by assuming it was the greatest in the world?

This promotes the complacency that opens the door for atrocity and autocracy. And rot.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating. What organization or association or anything ever improved itself by assuming it was the greatest in the world?

This promotes the complacency that opens the door for atrocity and autocracy. And rot.

Other than the centuries of genocide, slavery, institutionalized racism, despot propping up, undermining of civil liberties both domestically and abroad, you got to admit we are pretty fucking great. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, retread said:

Every accusation ... 

William Barr keeps moving up the power ranking of most contemptible humans in this administration.

I think there's an argument to be made that the appointment of Bill Barr as AG was the point when Trump surpassed George W. Bush as the worst president ever. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I think there's an argument to be made that the appointment of Bill Barr as AG was the point when Trump surpassed George W. Bush as the worst president ever. 

no contest. this was over before Trump was ever sworn in. racist rapist child trafficker out front shoulda told ya.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

It's like they are running in districts where these sorts of tweets might not go over well. 

No way! THEY ARE! 

They can all get fucked.  Defeat them all.  Words are bullshit.  Actions matter.  These fucks won't lift a fucking finger in the interest of doing the right thing.  Fuck em all.

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

haahahahahaha holy shit at the "he didn't name anyone, so...." defense. 

holy shit, you people.

Bullshit and lies is all they have.

Problem: bullshit and lies work.  They always have.

1 hour ago, horncyclist said:

Murkowski takes a bold stand: "It needs to stop." Great, glad that's over.

If they build a Shameless Coward Hall of Fame, Murkowski and Collins get their own wing.

56 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

What does it mean when something is unacceptable, but you continue to accept it? 

Gosh, real puzzler there.  Bottom line is this -- you could X-Ray every single GOP congresscritter, and you wouldn't find a single one of these:

lumbar-vertebra-superior-view-anatomy-ha

38 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Well, the thing is, Barr can go fuck himself up the ass with a rusty tank barrel.  You don't get to condemn something that is YOUR ENTIRE FUCKING BRAND.

13 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Other than the centuries of genocide, slavery, institutionalized racism, despot propping up, undermining of civil liberties both domestically and abroad, you got to admit we are pretty fucking great. 

Sounds like a shithole country to me.  Especially because, to the extent that we've turned a corner on such things.....we're eagerly running back towards the status quo ante.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

So does excessive empty-headed reverence of symbols without any contemplation of the values those symbols represent. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yeah, the Barr appointment was Trump rounding third to the home base of kleptocratic criminal autocrat.  

Bush was awful and a stooge to the usual suspects but I never felt like there was anything malicious about the man.  Trump redefines the bottom every week. 

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Why is he still going on about this?  

Because he's laying the groundwork for rounding up citizens and green card holders who aren't white, straight, "Christian," trump supporters.  Not that he's going to enact it tomorrow.  But laying seeds, like he's doing with the suggestions that he'll serve more than 2 terms.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TornACL said:

So does excessive empty-headed reverence of symbols without any contemplation of the values those symbols represent. 

Yep.  I love this one: "HOW DARE YOU DISRUSPEK THUH FLAG!  THOUSANDS OF BRAVE SOLDIERS FOUGHT AND DIED FOR THAT FLAG!"

Really?  Huh.  Interesting.  Let's, umm, go to the text....

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Man.  I don't see "THE FLAG!!!!" anywhere in there.  I DO see the Constitution.  You know, the document that grants to the President only certain enumerated powers.  The document that contains the 14th amendment.  And the 1st Amendment.  So, the folks buried at Arlington and such -- they died for THAT.  Not for a piece of cloth.  Would be FASCINATING if these rubes defended those ideals with the same fervor that they "defend" this:

HSO6H3CAMEI6TIGTCIIOLCUUZ4.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, lemonlime said:

Because he's laying the groundwork for rounding up citizens and green card holders who aren't white, straight, "Christian," trump supporters.  Not that he's going to enact it tomorrow.  But laying seeds, like he's doing with the suggestions that he'll serve more than 2 terms.

I don't think he's going to do that.  He might motivate some nutjob to assassinate someone though.

4 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

By September they will be accusing Omar being a member of an ISIS sleeper cell.

September?  Dude, keep up....

He blasted Omar for “being from Somalia,” contending she “hates Jews” and “loves al Qaeda.” 

He's a white nationalist piece of shit.  He's nothing more than that.  And nothing less.

21 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

As DOTUS' personal flunky, Barr is perfect for this WH. He has no conscience.

I've been grappling with if this was intentional on his part and the merits of the political strategy. It feels a little like the Kavanaugh hearings tbh. Clearly being on the fright side of the things but then being shocked when they rally behind the bullshit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

I don't think he's going to do that.  He might motivate some nutjob to assassinate someone though.

Oh for fucks sake.  You or I have no idea what he is capable of doing.  For you to utter the words "I don't think he's going to do that", well, that just shows what kind of dumbass you are in regards to our President.

Anything is possible now; he has an entire political party at his back, along with the blessings of the United States senate and the DOJ.  

Trump campaign yesterday:  the media is lying, Trump said they should go but then immediately come back! 

Trump to the press today:  nah I meant they should just leave the US. 

Trump supporters earlier today:  he could have been talking about any Dem congresswoman who are feuding with Pelosi, you're the real racist for assuming it was those four specifically! 

Trump later today:  nah it's the four progressive women everyone thought it was. 

10 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Have you already forgotten about the psycho in the van sending bombs to people? Or the asshole st the Klan rally mowing people down? He’s already caused death and violence. 

Would MBS have ordered the death of Jamal Khashoggi if Hillary was president? There at least would've been repercussions if she was.

50 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

P.T. Barnum?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

And the Supreme Court.

And the hard core trumpkins are the gun hoarders, so what’s the move if he does start rounding citizens or legal immigrants up?

i won’t entertain the idea of him trying to go around the 22nd amendment, because that means he’s been re-elected. But what do you do if he refuses to give up the office peacefully whenever that time comes?  Declare him incompetent?  I’d prefer my kids not be a part of, or lose a parent in, a civil war. 

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

not so much. 

he's been upside down for his entire presidency, and basically stuck in the same place for all of 2019.

although i'm sure i could find a preseason poll that has texas in the top 3.

He has been upside down since his inauguration.  No disputing that.  

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Should we then think that he can get reelected with these same approval #s?  I hope he can't.  But if he won 2016 with low approval numbers...his reelection seems very much possible.  

1 minute ago, swraith said:

He has been upside down since his inauguration.  No disputing that.  

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Should we then think that he can get reelected with these same approval #s?  I hope he can't.  But if he won 2016 with low approval numbers...his reelection seems very much possible.  

he totally can as long as he finds another opponent with a disapproval in the mid 50's.

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, no.  Not any legitimate poll.

I don't think this is Fake News.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/aided-by-a-strong-economy-trump-approval-rises-but-a-majority-also-see-him-as-unpresidential/2019/07/04/c9c42c54-9d9f-11e9-b27f-ed2942f73d70_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5c789188ae5e

Its a single poll...its not the 538 average.  I don't expect his approval numbers to start running higher....but they are definitely not falling either...regardless of how unpresidential he is.