Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

It was classified but the president can technically declassify any kind information he wants to.

But going by what Trump tweeted - which is always risky - the dog is apparently “coming home” so no need for the name to be classified any longer I guess.

I get that any POTUS can declassify anything s/he wants, but someone posted a quote that the dog's name is coded in such a way that it can be tied to a specific unit and/or handler to those who are familiar with the specific hierarchical structures of American special forces.

Certainly, I don't know what I'm talking about, but others came out with a plausible sounding defense for keeping the dog's name secret only a couple of days ago. If that's the case, then Trump has (once again) potentially put someone's shit on blast when he shouldn't have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

I get that any POTUS can declassify anything s/he wants, but someone posted a quote that the dog's name is coded in such a way that it can be tied to a specific unit and/or handler to those who are familiar with the specific hierarchical structures of American special forces.

I read the same thing and there are 2 possibilities here.

*A) Trump unilaterally decided in his syphilitic brain he could brag and achieve some personal gain by naming the dog.

*B) They made up a fake name for the dog because of *A.

Trump spontaneously declassifying information and/or sharing classified intelligence with hostile foreign governments should be at the top of the list of articles of impeachment.

Previous Presidents outlined processes on how the Office would declassify materials. Trump shits on processes.

4 hours ago, RPM said:

I read the same thing and there are 2 possibilities here.

*A) Trump unilaterally decided in his syphilitic brain he could brag and achieve some personal gain by naming the dog.

*B) They made up a fake name for the dog because of *A.

31 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Conan O'Brien tweeted something a couple of days ago about the dog being named Conan, so I think in this case, Dotard was safe in mentioning the name. And it goes without saying that I trust Conan O'Brien with highly classified material much more than I do the current commander-in-chief.

Both of you make good arguments, but isn't this the guy who had a reality television show? I think he told all the people in the dog's unit: "You're fired."

I suppose that keeps them out of harm's way if identified. Today the President has no public events. None. Zero. Nil.

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yeah I don’t think you can pay senators to not impeach you. Just a hunch.

Sure you can.  Due to DOJ guidelines, Trump is completely untouchable while he is in office.  He can buy some Senators, kill others, whatever he wants.  Unless they vote to remove him, its all fair game.

State courts probably have some reach, but they're mostly playing the waiting game too.  Plus, most of the shit now are either federal crimes or taking place in the District.

I read the article. Cornyn of Texas signed that Resolution and will be receiving $$. IMO, his seat was not as solid as he thought it was, but with an infusion of cash, it will be. I am calling his office again to voice my complaint and also accuse him of being afraid of the truth and accepting hush money. Talk about a quid pro quo.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yeah I don’t think you can pay senators to not impeach you. Just a hunch.

30 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, you can now.

This is all small potatoes, the real shitstorm starts when Trump loses the election, but refuses to leave the office.

I'm starting to think that the only way this ends is with military intervention.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Nope said:

How’s Trump going to handle the hometown team not wanting to visit the WH?

He'll get the class A minor league baseball champions to come to the WH, send an intern out to 7/11 to get 500 BigAzz burgers and call the photographers.  Was this a trick question?

997664f4-f19d-4420-8173-b8e87e25f08e.jpe

40 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

This is all small potatoes, the real shitstorm starts when Trump loses the election, but refuses to leave the office.

I'm starting to think that the only way this ends is with military intervention.

When he refuses to leave office, the new President, sworn in by Chief Justice Roberts, will have the Secret Service, US Marshalls, whoever, remove him from the premise.   

But you are assuming he even goes back to the WH when he loses.   My guess is he heads for Mar-a-Lago the day after the election.   

• Like 1

With the voter purge in Georgia and Trump buying Senate loyalty with fundraising, kinda feels like shit is already over.  Maybe folks were waiting on an official announcement followed by a gavel bang, or something.  It's unraveling without ceremony. 

• Like 3

With the voter purge in Georgia and Trump buying Senate loyalty with fundraising, kinda feels like shit is already over.  Maybe folks were waiting on an official announcement followed by a gavel bang, or something.  It's unraveling without ceremony. 

Y’all are getting it. The GOP has decided to be an authoritarian minority party governing the country based on grift and whim instead of the rule of law. They are all-in.
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Y’all are getting it. The GOP has decided to be an authoritarian minority party governing the country based on grift and whim instead of the rule of law. They are all-in.

There's another name for that when it happens in democracies: fascism.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Pasken said:

Who are trumps real actual friends? Tom Brady?

I love the movie, All That Jazz. This reminds of a quote from a TV Show host, played by Ben Vereen, who usually lavishes praise on his guests alter his usual spiel to say this:

Ben-Vereen-All-That-Jazz.jpg

O'Connor Flood: Ladies and gentleman, let me lay on you a so-so entertainer, not much of a humanitarian, and this cat was never nobody's friend. In his final appearance on the great stage of life - uh, you can applaud if you want to - Mr. [Donald Trump]!

Edited by RomaVicta