LJH not returning

Patricio Swayze

Could see him having a type of skill set that would resemble Larry Fitzgerald's in the NFL. Also...Lets say Kliff gets the Arizona job, I could also see him picking LJH up earlier than most teams due to the fact he's watched him kill it in person. Boom...Larry's replacement.

Longhorns have been getting drafted lower than what many of us would expect for several years now, and their undervalue has shown in how they have played well in the league. We may see him as a 3rd or 4th round guy, but if I was his dad I’d be afraid he drops even lower if he clocks a slow 40 or has some unfavorable bullshit measurement like thumb length. 

Good luck in the NFL, big fella.  Spend every day from now until the Combine running sprints and trying to improve that 40 time.  Because we all know you're going to kill it in the League, but NFL scouts might be some of the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet.

Edited by SpiralOut

Best of luck to him. I'll miss watching him rack up YAC and dragging the pile for 10 yards. He often did what Herman calls "culture plays" and instilled toughness at that WR position. When he caught that 2nd and 4th and dragged the pile on the second play from scrimmage in the Sugar Bowl with the OL flying in to push him I was like "We're gonna win this shit". That kind of stuff set the one for us so many times this season. 

• Like 1

I understand and respect his decision, I hope he kills it in the NFL, would love to see him with the Cowboys. But damn this one sucks. this year, he turned into probably one of my top 5 favorite Longhorns of all time. Not saying he's one of the 5 best by any means but I just loved watching the way that dude played. Hook Em LJ, best of luck in the NFL!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, ckhorn said:

Of all our underclassman. He is the most NFL ready. Can't see not going past the 2nd round. Don't give a crap about the grade, unless there is serious weed issue.

Good luck and thank you for being Mr. Clutch.

Lol, no fucking way he goes before the 3rd round. Especially not with this years WR crop

• Like 1

"Humphrey was stellar in 2018, hauling in 86 catches for 1,176 yards and nine touchdowns.  The 6-foot-4, 222-pound Humphrey is ranked ninth among draft-eligible receivers, according to ESPN draft expert Mel Kiper. His 86 catches were fifth most in school history and his 1,176 yards were third most."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting that LJH is ranked #9 WR.....  With a good Combine maybe he makes it into the 3rd Round of the 2019 Draft.

Edited by LTtxfan

Just now, LTtxfan said:

"Humphrey was stellar in 2018, hauling in 86 catches for 1,176 yards and nine touchdowns.

The 6-foot-4, 222-pound Humphrey is ranked ninth among draft-eligible receivers, according to ESPN draft expert Mel Kiper. His 86 catches were fifth most in school history and his 1,176 yards were third most."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting that LJH is ranked #9 WR.....  With a good Combine maybe he makes it into the 3rd Round of the 2019 Draft.

Kiper is also a moron. WR is a very combine-sensitive position.

Hope he performs well in his agility drills to offset his 40

He was obviously our best player, and it would be stupid to say that anybody replacing him would be an upgrade.

That having been said... the kinds of players we're likely to put in the slot now are more in keeping with Herman's historical gameplans. The pieces are there to make it work post-LJH. May take a while to get clicking, but there is a decent chance that the change in style in the slot will be enough to allow CJ's production to go up.

27 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Love to see Burt have a great year ala John Harris from a few years ago (ie have low expectations goin into his senior year but end up having a great senior year)

Came here to post this.  LJH will make a roster next fall.  No shortage of NFL teams with an immediate need at WR for a player like LJH.

5 minutes ago, LongestHorn said:

Came here to post this.  LJH will make a roster next fall.  No shortage of NFL teams with an immediate need at WR for a player like LJH.

Could be Phoenix, where the Head Coach is very familiar with him and they may need to replace a do-it-all hall of fame WR.

5 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Disappointing news that I kind of expected but was holding out hope he’d stay. One more year and he’d absolutely dominate. Oh well. Wish him major success and will be rooting for him personally wherever he ends up.

Many times this year he did "absolutely dominate".

Oh well, TH is puttin' guys into The League.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ADHD said:

He's gonna be an impact pro, I don't care when or where he's drafted. He'll definitely rep Texas well on Sundays, I guarantee it.

I expect that his value in the league will be significantly higher than the spot at which he's drafted will reflect.

I hated watching that guy play, which I mean as a compliment, given my allegiance.

Seriously talented kid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tjhooker said:

I agree.  I just know the emphasis the NFL puts on speed and 40 times.  Who knows?  Maybe he has an incredible 40.  If not though it will hurt his stock.  Not saying he wont be good in the NFL just saying it probably will hurt his draft stock.

The measurable are one thing but I'd always look at the tape first.

69th pick 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_Lockett