Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

12 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

My wife and I had to unexpectedly put down our 11 y/o goldendoodle, Belle, today due to a ruptured abdominal tumor and internal bleeding. We rescued her shortly after we got married. We now have two kids under four, and it damn near feels like we lost our third today. I just needed to post about this somewhere, and I don't want to talk about it with people I know yet. So, here you are, Surly. I miss you, girl.

image.thumb.png.b3067fd2a2612663cc099b3b10880d60.png

Hook em Belle. So sorry for your loss. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So is he going to grow into his skin?

She.

Yes, to some extent in the body.  The wrinkles won’t be so obvious, but you’ll still be able to grab handfuls and pull it like taffy.  She’ll keep her wrinkles in the face/neck area.

Here’s a full grown version-

IMG_2690.webp

• Hook 'Em 7

9 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

This is a $10000 dog. Fuckhead had a bladder stone requiring surgery in January and just went through an addisonian crisis. Steroids every day and a shot once a month. In for a post recovery checkup.
IMG_7675.thumb.jpeg.83255fd377862096fc7f27979183473d.jpeg

Hey, I got me one of those in my avatar.  Spinal surgery at 2, a multitude of vet visits after eating stuff he shouldn't have eaten, and most recently, $3500 for a full body MRI after a seizure (negative).  Worth every penny.

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Celery Man said:

This is a $10000 dog. Fuckhead had a bladder stone requiring surgery in January and just went through an addisonian crisis. Steroids every day and a shot once a month. In for a post recovery checkup.
IMG_7675.thumb.jpeg.83255fd377862096fc7f27979183473d.jpeg

For less than that (seriously, the price on the website is $9,420) you can get a robot dog with a flamethrower.  We are almost to the point of actually having sharks with lasers.  Hell, those probably do exist in a DARPA aquarium somewhere.

Y’all gotta get trupanion insurance we pay $30-40 a month. Jax had his attack and it was covered - there is a deductible. It’s a deductible per incident then full coverage.  Peace of mind when the big shit blows up. We are probably break even at this point, one major vet bill at 5 years old. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

My wife’s old dog is too much of a dainty cunt to go in the grass so she shits all over the pool decking.  This time she had a turd hanging out of her ass and got up on the couch, tracked what looked like green goose shit everywhere.  So yeah, fuck that dog…

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

My wife’s old dog is too much of a dainty cunt to go in the grass so she shits all over the pool decking.  This time she had a turd hanging out of her ass and got up on the couch, tracked what looked like green goose shit everywhere.  So yeah, fuck that dog

badtime.png.094749383c8178f9d228f3f575118bc0.png

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

IMG_1058.thumb.jpeg.0e1ec2668068f80a0acb06ce7f62f868.jpeg

I still miss my Bruno.  He was one great Doggo. Chow/husky/German shepherd combo.

Bear above is 35% Chow, 13% German, 13% Australian Cattle dog. I’ve never had much exposure to pure Chows but after 16 years with this guy I’d definitely recommend heavy mixes. Best dog I’ve been around.

• Hook 'Em 3

I've been around some purebred Chows. Unpredictable dogs. One of the few dogs that I'm wary around. They are ferosciously protective. That being said, they have some tremendous qualities that I imagine mix well with the right breeds.

Edited by Deej