Patriots @ Chiefs: AFC Championship Game

Vic Mackey

2 minutes ago, pops said:

He's the best color guy ever. Not even close. It's like watching pop up video when he's talking. 

Yep. This. 

I’ve read some things about Madden in his prime, but by the time I was watching football he had reached more of a characature.

Romo amazes me when he calls big games. 

Dude knows his shit and is fun to listen too. Jim Nantz sucks so hard though.

• Like 2

Reid must have been trying to carry over those three OT timeouts like cell phone minutes in the early 2000s. Now he's carrying them hoes over to the offseason. Your porous defense is hands on hips dead tired the whole drive, burn a couple of timeouts to give em a break. All of those 3rd and longs? Really? 

Also, they couldn't manufacture one sack on Brady the whole game? They let Gronk punk them twice on 3rd and long when Brady was eyeing him in single coverage the whole way? Don't leave your DB on an island, bring help. And Roidleman gets on my damn nerves. I'm going to bed, LA is our last hope. 

1 minute ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I’m not sure if Romo is the best color guy ever but he adds exactly what I am looking for in a color guy.  He points out meaningful things before the play happens as opposed to the majority of color guys who describe things that have already happened. 

He might not be, but he's the best I've ever heard... And adds more to the viewing experience than anyone in the past 25 years at least. 

• Like 1

great season for my team, exciting to have the future behind the line. Only thing I can say about tonight if Mahomes missed that one touchdown early. Otherwise, he played well. Won’t go into anything about the refs because I am bitter enough and hate those fans that say that was the reason they lost. Everyone knows the calls that were bullshit and more importantly the key downs and times they were at. Don’t know how we didn’t more sacks or pressure but hats off. Lastly, I don’t know why more posters on aren’t begging for jerruh to call Romo tonight and offer him to coach. #bitterfanactingnonbitter 

Just now, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

great season for my team, exciting to have the future behind the line. Only thing I can say about tonight if Mahomes missed that one touchdown early. Otherwise, he played well. Won’t go into anything about the refs because I am bitter enough and hate those fans that say that was the reason they lost. Everyone knows the calls that were bullshit and more importantly the key downs and times they were at. Don’t know how we didn’t more sacks or pressure but hats off. Lastly, I don’t know why more posters on aren’t begging for jerruh to call Romo tonight and offer him to coach. #bitterfanactingnonbitter 

Need to fire Bob Sutton.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Romo works like 50  days a year now, he ain't coaching anything 

28 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

Looks like the Andy Reid playoff magic is still alive. 

Pats held the ball for 43 minutes to 21 for KC. 

Yep, Fat Andy is 6ft 3in of pure softness.  Bread.

Dude will never win the big one.  He never closed the deal

with the Eagles.  He left and they won it all.  He'll do the 

same thing with Kansas City.  He'll never win the Big One.

Yep, Fat Andy is 6ft 3in of pure softness.  Bread.
Dude will never win the big one.  He never closed the deal
with the Eagles.  He left and they won it all.  He'll do the 
same thing with Kansas City.  He'll never win the Big One.

If this curse with Andy is real then I hope he quits. I'm so tired of being let down. Competent defense and we would have been undefeated coming into this game for fuck sake.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

From here on out though until Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether up in Foxboro retire the Chiefs need to spend their draft and free agency focusing on filling the holes that need filled to beat the Patriots.  Not what they need to win their division, not what they need to get a #1 seed in the playoffs, solely what do they need to beat New England because that is only thing standing in their way in the AFC.  Denver and Oakland are going to be a mess for a while.  Rivers will start to go Eli Manning any time now in San Diego.(Los Angeles, whatever they are always going to be the San Diego Chargers to me.)  The Chiefs have the AFC West under their thumb.  The only thing left for them to do to get to the Super Bowl is beat the Patriots in a playoff game.  I may even root for the Patriots in the Super Bowl.  Maybe if New England wins one more title Giselle will force her wife to retire.

Edited by EMAWesome

36 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Close.  But I can take the old coach polo over the chowdah head cutoff workout hoodie.

SIAP, but cool backstory to the Belichick hoodie story. He got pissed because he was required to wear approved NFL apparel on the sidelines (sell NFL merchandise.) So, he got a hoodie, cut off the sleeves and started wearing that. It became a hit, and people started buying the hoodies and cutting the sleeves off. 

Incredible.  They just find a way.  As much as Brady gets loved on, #11 needs loving too.  Dude just knows how to get open and has flypaper for hands.  

Have always supported the OT/SD format, but I think it's time to change that.  It would've been interesting to see if KC could've answered NE's score. 

Local sports radio guy in KC brought up a good point today.  The kind of thing that is par for the course for Chiefs fans.  There was one injury this year that kept the Chiefs from getting to the Super Bowl and it wasn't even a player on the Chiefs team.  It was Earl Thomas because he says the Chiefs were finalizing the details for a trade for him when he got hurt.  That would have made such a huge difference in the Chiefs defense.

Romo is good. CBS needs to take advantage of having kevin Harlan be their main guy for the nfl with Romo and theyd be the best duo by far.

Nantz screams masters.

Romo had me laughing the fumblerooski line right before half. Dude just shoots from the hip with his calls and it's hilariously cheesy but refreshing. Wayyy better than phil Simms

9 hours ago, hookem48 said:

Romo was nails today but he guesses wrong a lot too.

He’s willing to put it out there.  They are educated guesses, as opposed to the empty, meaningless regurgitation of what we already saw by other commentators.  It stands out.  A lot.

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Have always supported the OT/SD format, but I think it's time to change that.  It would've been interesting to see if KC could've answered NE's score. 

I mean I get that argument, and with two great offensive teams, the coinflip is probably a little too important...

...but they had 3 chances to stop one of the white guys on 3rd and 10.

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I mean I get that argument, and with two great offensive teams, the coinflip is probably a little too important...

I agree. Had KC won the coin flip? Might have won. I just want a jacket like that. As they said before the other game, Philip Rivers could sneak all of his kids into the movie theater with a jacket like that. 

31 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Why I’ve always been reluctant to change it.  But I think it’s time to change the format.  

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Romo is good. CBS needs to take advantage of having kevin Harlan be their main guy for the nfl with Romo and theyd be the best duo by far.

Nantz screams masters.

Romo had me laughing the fumblerooski line right before half. Dude just shoots from the hip with his calls and it's hilariously cheesy but refreshing. Wayyy better than phil Simms

They put Harlan on radio, and he does a great job.

I think I would like Harlan on the "A" TV team and Ian Eagle on Westwood One.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Tom Brady's career record in playoff overtime games  3-0.

Number of times the opposing team had possession of the ball in those games   0.

5 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Tom Brady's career record in playoff overtime games  3-0.

Number of times the opposing team had possession of the ball in those games   0.

Winning the coin flip is an awesome strategy in OT

It seems to have been a key play in the Patriots win yesterday

Edited by Wally Fairway