Superbowl LIII Rams v. Pats: Tony Romo gets to the Superbowl

elfenix

Last year only garnered a 43.1 rating, the lowest since 2009.  Ratings were outstanding from 2010-2017 with each game rating 45 or above.  The Super Bowl is now an American holiday and the teams actually playing in the game have little impact on ratings, other than the Cowboys.  From 1988-2009, the Cowboys Super Bowls were the only ones to achieve a 45 rating.

11 hours ago, NowThis said:

so was the Rams HC in high school when BB got his first SB?

No but Brees and Goff set the record for biggest age difference between QBs in a conference game last night.  16 years.

The record stood for a few hours before Brady and Mahomes broke it with 18 years.

Edited by Your Mom

15 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

No but Brees and Goff set the record for biggest age difference between QBs in a conference game last night.  16 years.

The record stood for a few hours before Brady and Mahomes broke it with 18 years.

BB won the 2001 SB in Jan or Feb 2002, 17 years ago when Sean McVay was about 15 years old

• Like 1

the moment i saw Wade Phillips deplane this afternoon in Atlanta, i knew it was about Bum. Probably the same jacket, i was a kid back then and won't forget this photo.

MiDxpG7ed2_nGX90?format=jpg&name=small5c4e5767a5c40f8bf0000001.png

102682052-new-orleans-saints.jpg&c=sc&w=

now i really have to root for the Rams 

Edited by NowThis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

The butt hurt reminds of the Dez "no catch" TD that wasn't...

Only one team and their fanbase cares, but no one else does.

Hope that the Rams win and not because I care for the Rams.

Gonna have to say “no” on that, big dog

there isn’t any controversy...Saints got completely fucked and it just so happens the new LA franchise is in the Super Bowl? Jesus Christ, come on 

5 minutes ago, Blanton said:

Gonna have to say “no” on that, big dog

there isn’t any controversy...Saints got completely fucked and it just so happens the new LA franchise is in the Super Bowl? Jesus Christ, come on 

And I don't now of anyone but Saints fans who give a fuck.

The Cowboys shouldn't have even been playing the Packers when Dez's catch/non-catch happened, but they got a favorable P.I. call (or didn't get a P.I. call) against the Lions.

NO ONE BUT THE LIONS FANS GAVE A FUCK!

Then Dez's non-catch and Cowboys' fans were bitching, but then the Seahawks beat the Packers and NO ONE BUT THE COWBOYS' FANS GAVE A FUCK about the "non-catch".

People just don't care.

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The Cowboys shouldn't have even been playing the Packers when Dez's catch/non-catch happened, but they got a favorable P.I. call (or didn't get a P.I. call) against the Lions.

NO ONE BUT THE LIONS FANS GAVE A FUCK!

Then Dez's non-catch and Cowboys' fans were bitching, but then the Seahawks beat the Packers and NO ONE BUT THE COWBOYS' FANS GAVE A FUCK about the "non-catch".

People just don't care.

So much this. It was a horrible non-call. But was it any more egregious than a bad call in the 2nd or 3rd quarter in dozens of other games? Terrible calls happen; this one just happened to take place very late in a close game, so thus it's the worst thing ever and the rulebook needs to be completely rewritten rabble, rabble, rabble.

The Saints and their fans should be pissed. Go nuts, absolutely. But judges suing the league and the Saints organization wanting an apology from the NFL for ruining the "integrity" of the game? Shut the fuck up. Go put bounties on somebody's knee or something.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1