The House Oversight Committee 2019

Hugo Stiglitz

I'm guessing Buzzfeed based its story on drafts of Cohens opening statement or similar statements to the FBI/special counsel. I could see how Buzzfeed could misconstrue that into direct statements to Cohen for him to lie. Legally, there shouldn't be any difference between what Cohen testified to and what Buzzfeed reported. 

Edit: This also explains the Special Counsel's statement disputing some of the story. 

Edited by horncyclist
Addition

2 minutes ago, Loco said:

I just want to say FUCK Cohen and Traitor Tot and everyone else in their orbit or anyone who support them.

Yeah, Cohen isn't a sympathetic character and if he lies today then he should have years added to his sentence. Of course he's a lying scumbag. That's why he was working for Trump. He knew what he was doing and was a willing participant in Trump's corrupt organization. He's a "rat" because he's a mobster turning on his boss. But they're all still mobsters. The whole family and everyone who works for them. 

1 minute ago, tjhooker said:

That's an incredibly weak argument, if you can call it an argument at all.

It is therefore your position that in order to be a better Congressman, all one would have to do is read the Club for Growth's position on any bill before the House for a vote and vote in accordance with their wishes. Seems flimsy.

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yeah, Cohen isn't a sympathetic character and if he lies today then he should have years added to his sentence. Of course he's a lying scumbag. That's why he was working for Trump. He knew what he was doing and was a willing participant in Trump's corrupt organization. He's a "rat" because he's a mobster turning on his boss. But they're all still mobsters. The whole family and everyone who works for them. 

Also, the people with the most valuable information on criminals also happen to be criminals. 

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

That seems to be the thing that nobody brings up when questioning Cohen's testimony this week.  Yes he lied before...but how did we know he lied...corroborating evidence.  How will we know if he lies today?  Probably the same and with more prison time if he does. So its not like we have to take his word for it.

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Cummings doing a good job making sure Cohen still knows he's a scumbag, regardless of whatever info he can provide

It took an improbable series of events for Cohen to come to Jesus. In all the other multiverses he is still covering up for rawdogging on the side. 

• Like 3

Just now, tjhooker said:

dude, i was posting about the whether or not the trump payment violated campaign finance law then some lost their shit and went personal with info from SSS.  I am more than happy to continue political discussion.  Just because you don't like what I am saying doesn't mean it is derailing the thread.  

The first rule of SSS is never to talk about SSS

• Like 1