Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

Haven't seen these posted.  Here are Hookfin's mid-season highlights from his senior year.  His athleticism is obvious--dude is fast.  Obvious, too, is the fact that he's not a very polished player and that he needs to add lower body strength.  His pass pro highlights are just him using his speed to get in front of a defender and then locking out his arms.  But his down-blocking highlights are a thing of beauty.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9348816/5bd21891d45eb80ca832af97

Want.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

I hope you regret these words when Trey is scoring TDs in our home opener next year.

I mean I’ll be happy with eaither one regardless but I just prefer us get a quick back with this offense. 

Plus isn’t it more obvious we have a better shot with Cain now? On top of that, would you rather have Sanders or Evans? Because Evans isn’t coming here with Sanders. Get Cain this year and go all out for Evans in ‘20 

6 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

I mean I’ll be happy with eaither one regardless but I just prefer us get a quick back with this offense. 

Plus isn’t it more obvious we have a better shot with Cain now? On top of that, would you rather have Sanders or Evans? Because Evans isn’t coming here with Sanders. Get Cain this year and go all out for Evans in ‘20 

a) Better shot at Cain than Sanders - not really. Sanders has been much more openly into UT, and Cain likes UGA.

b) Evans debate - I don't think he cares between Cain and Sanders. Honestly, he doesn't seem to care about competition at all. He knows he's the best. He's talked about how cool it'd be to go to school with Kendall Milton.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

a) Better shot at Cain than Sanders - not really. Sanders has been much more openly into UT, and Cain likes UGA.

b) Evans debate - I don't think he cares between Cain and Sanders. Honestly, he doesn't seem to care about competition at all. He knows he's the best. He's talked about how cool it'd be to go to school with Kendall Milton.

A) ehh ok I guess 

B) ok I didn’t know that was the case. Forget the Evans and Sanders debate. I was just thinking with his comments, he was more selfish but I guess not. 

Edited by DoneWithit
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

1) bird in the hand. 

2) Evans doesn’t care about roster. He’s that good. 

3)  if Evans did care, and he probably knows a little bit about the position, why would you prefer the back that he doesn’t perceive as a threat over the one he does?

You recruit the top of a position every year. That’s how you become consistently good. Very few players are “locks”, especially 2 years out.

12 minutes ago, Fud said:

Think that dude ends up at Bama. He's close with Najee Harris, and that's Tosh's stomping grounds 

Word was his dad (Kendall Milton) was seeking counsel from someone he trusted that strongly endorsed Drayton... whatever that's worth. In any case, I think we'll get a legit look from him.

1 hour ago, DoneWithit said:

Personally I like Cain better than Sanders. Think he’s a lot quicker and could fit our offense better. 

Noah Cain 5-10.5, 209: 40- 4.65, Shuttle- 4.4, Powerball- 37, Vertical- 34.4

Trey Sanders 6-0, 216: 40-?, Shuttle- 4.44, Powerball- 41, Vertical- 35.2

https://www.theopening.com/2018-miami-results

3 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Haven't seen these posted.  Here are Hookfin's mid-season highlights from his senior year.  His athleticism is obvious--dude is fast.  Obvious, too, is the fact that he's not a very polished player and that he needs to add lower body strength.  His pass pro highlights are just him using his speed to get in front of a defender and then locking out his arms.  But his down-blocking highlights are a thing of beauty.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9348816/5bd21891d45eb80ca832af97

Want.

Video game icons in his video. Do not want

12 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Ohio St will push hard for Cain. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up there.

Georgia, Ohio State, Texas, and maybe still LSU. I doubt auburn is a factor with the way

Georgia seems most likely 

18 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He gets tackled at the 1 a lot. Do not want

I was going to say inside the 10, but yeah. Maybe it's on the coaches for not calling the TD play. I say go ahead and give him a chance and if he continues to get tackled after a 30 yard pick up but short of the end zone, revoke his scholarship. He's a bigger guy than I thought he was, but I guess that's why there's the LB talk.

Wow. Bru appears to be what I believe scholars refer to as "really fucking fast." Are we completely sure that LB is his ideal position? Because he looks every bit a 5-star at wide receiver too.

Hookfin appears to be kind of a project, but his athleticism looks incredible. Absolutely a take, IMO. Put him with Yancy and Hand for two years and he'll be an absolute monster. I can't stress enough how impressed I am by this staff's apparent ability to ID high ceiling late bloomers and have faith that they can develop those kids into bad asses. It's a very refreshing departure from the days of Club MBTF FUPM.

43 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

I was going to say inside the 10, but yeah. Maybe it's on the coaches for not calling the TD play. I say go ahead and give him a chance and if he continues to get tackled after a 30 yard pick up but short of the end zone, revoke his scholarship. He's a bigger guy than I thought he was, but I guess that's why there's the LB talk.

Having a wr that consistently gets tackled at the 1 would be a great recruiting tool for running backs

• Haha 1