Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

I think it’s great and kind of charming that he’s not tech savvy.  giles is a good dude and a good coach.  maybe he’s not as high speed as we need on the recruiting trail, and maybe he’ll be replaced, but y’all are a bunch of assholes for shitting on him.  he’s a goddamn lifetime longhorn.  and he’s been on campus two seasons (this time) and both seasons he’s coached the conference defensive line MVP.  

just. quit. bitching.

I promise to stop bitching if you proclaim Rayne Dakota Prescott to be your lord and savior.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

I think it’s great and kind of charming that he’s not tech savvy.  giles is a good dude and a good coach.  maybe he’s not as high speed as we need on the recruiting trail, and maybe he’ll be replaced, but y’all are a bunch of assholes for shitting on him.  he’s a goddamn lifetime longhorn.  and he’s been on campus two seasons (this time) and both seasons he’s coached the conference defensive line MVP.  

just. quit. bitching.

What the fuck do you with futureman?

1 hour ago, DoneWithit said:

This is stupid. No parent should ever do this and it’s equivalent to Carrington’s stupid ass “secret visitor” stunt. 

meh, i think its fine to do, just don't blast that shit over twitter. take a pic on dad's phone, have moms laugh at him, good laughs for all. but share that shit in public? fuck that, i'm with y'all there.

EJ after dark: Scoop on key targets going into ESD

— Here is the situation with Bru McCoy. He doesn’t have to sign an NLI tomorrow. He can sign a financial aid agreement, which would bind the school to him, but he doesn’t have to do that either. Since he has applied an been admitted to both schools, McCoy has the luxury of time and doesn’t have to sign either document until he makes his decision at the All-American Bowl on Jan. 5. I don’t get the feeling that McCoy and his family are ready to make a decision just yet, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they just hold off. I’m still feeling cautiously optimistic here. This should tell you that he is far from a USC lock.

— We are feeling better about Noah Cain tonight. Mike had some details, and I just want to add that Cain’s conversation with Texas offensive coordinator Tim Beck went really well tonight. Beck was actually the first Texas coach to get him on campus when the new staff arrived, and they have an extremely close relationship. Staying close to home is weighing heavily on Cain and his mother, and right now, I feel like Texas is gaining a bit of steam. I said this morning that I would give Penn State a 52-48 edge. Now, I feel like it’s a complete toss up. If I were forced to give a prediction, I would say Texas. But I’d shy away from making a bet. This is extremely close.

— While I’ve gained confidence with Cain, I’m losing it with Trey Sanders. He still has that shock the world element to him, but I think the SEC factor and being close to home is going to win out. I said Sunday that Georgia would be my pick, and it still is. Georgia has done a great job recruiting him late, and that’s the buzz I’m getting. Alabama is also heavily in the mix here.

— I haven’t heard anything new on four-star Fort Bend Dulles offensive lineman Isaiah Hookfin. As of right now, I still feel like Baylor holds the edge in his recruitment.

2 minutes ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Brewster got game, and he’s taking that game to the Hill. And now the Hill is fixin to be 🔥🔥🔥

if mack continues to surround himself with talented, aggressive coaches and good coordinators he just may delegate UNC into a pretty decent team in a couple years. 

— Here is the situation with Bru McCoy. He doesn’t have to sign an NLI tomorrow. He can sign a financial aid agreement, which would bind the school to him, but he doesn’t have to do that either. Since he has applied an been admitted to both schools, McCoy has the luxury of time and doesn’t have to sign either document until he makes his decision at the All-American Bowl on Jan. 5. I don’t get the feeling that McCoy and his family are ready to make a decision just yet, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they just hold off. I’m still feeling cautiously optimistic here. This should tell you that he is far from a USC lock

ffd0ef717be5757b67e65147e4a041ea.gif
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

If you loved in Europe, they’d already be rolling in. Asshole. 

I know people that have visited Europe. Still zero signees, as of right now. ESD is a bust

Edited by Stinkpalm
I don’t know if they’ve loved anyone while visiting

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Hide contents

— Here is the situation with Bru McCoy. He doesn’t have to sign an NLI tomorrow. He can sign a financial aid agreement, which would bind the school to him, but he doesn’t have to do that either. Since he has applied an been admitted to both schools, McCoy has the luxury of time and doesn’t have to sign either document until he makes his decision at the All-American Bowl on Jan. 5. I don’t get the feeling that McCoy and his family are ready to make a decision just yet, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they just hold off. I’m still feeling cautiously optimistic here. This should tell you that he is far from a USC lock.

— We are feeling better about Noah Cain tonight. Mike had some details, and I just want to add that Cain’s conversation with Texas offensive coordinator Tim Beck went really well tonight. Beck was actually the first Texas coach to get him on campus when the new staff arrived, and they have an extremely close relationship. Staying close to home is weighing heavily on Cain and his mother, and right now, I feel like Texas is gaining a bit of steam. I said this morning that I would give Penn State a 52-48 edge. Now, I feel like it’s a complete toss up. If I were forced to give a prediction, I would say Texas. But I’d shy away from making a bet. This is extremely close.

— While I’ve gained confidence with Cain, I’m losing it with Trey Sanders. He still has that shock the world element to him, but I think the SEC factor and being close to home is going to win out. I said Sunday that Georgia would be my pick, and it still is. Georgia has done a great job recruiting him late, and that’s the buzz I’m getting. Alabama is also heavily in the mix here.

— I haven’t heard anything new on four-star Fort Bend Dulles offensive lineman Isaiah Hookfin. As of right now, I still feel like Baylor holds the edge in his recruitment.

Lol ej is a moron. Just give up on Bru. He is signing tomorrow to USC.

17 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

So PP might be good enough for TCU but not Tech Pigmeat Markham?  Gonna be interesting to see what gp does with him if he ends up a horny toad I guess....

Not that unusual really.  

Just off the top of my head, TCU currently has a WR commit from Lubbock Coronado who never sniffed a TT offer.  Amarillo Tascosa Purdue RB commit King Doerue, who showed some early Tech interest and had offers from a number of the big boys was never recruited hard,  New Deal WR, DK Blaylock, Rivals Top Texas 100 kid who up to recently was committed to Iowa State (decommitted a week ago) never offered.

Being from West Texas alone I suppose, doesn't get one an offer.

Edited by pigmeat markham

Why do people think Shepherd is flipping? He doesn't come off as shady to me, but I dunno. 

If we don't get Cain, my respect for Drayton goes down dramatically. He's recruited exactly 2 RB's in Ingram and Brown. Good recruits, but not what you expect a rain maker to bring in. I.e. Cain, Sanders, Emery, etc. If he's as good as advertised, we would be in a lot more elite kids top 3. 

5 hours ago, satyanash said:

lol @ tweeting out a link to a Google search

5 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Channeling his inner Brewster. Well, at least the twitter part. Maybe he'll get around to the rest of the recruiting part later. 

5 hours ago, Vertigo said:

The ATX is lit!!!

The GOOGLE is lit!!