Super Bowl LIII

RPM

1 minute ago, Captain Obvious said:

Giants - Ravens in '01 was worse IMO.  That game was over before halftime and had Trent Dilfer as the winning QB.

There have been blowouts, like that one, that have been way more entertaining. This was just poor play for about 85% of the game. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

The steroid double standard in football has always been laughable.  Baseball gets congressional hearings, people going to jail, and a generation of stars blackballed from the HOF for using steroids.  Football had/has guys get busted every year and it’s a complete non-story.

It’s because baseball cares WAY too much about their sacred numbers. It should be a non-story in both sports if we’re being honest. I would almost expect a professional athlete to take steroids if it weren’t for the regulations.

There have been blowouts, like that one, that have been way more entertaining. This was just poor play for about 85% of the game. 

I would say what we saw tonight was exceptional defense being played. There wasn’t s ton of penalties on either team, no sloppy play, not a lot of turnovers. As a pure football fan especially those who like watching good defense this was a great game to watch imo.

4 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Seattle going in dry against Peyton was pure ecstasy. Probably the biggest ass-kicking in SB History. 

That hawks team really should have had at least 2 in the cabinet. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NowThis said:

the blowout superbowls were much more boring, over in Q1.  A close title game still has drama at the end.

Yeah, I'll have to really ponder if this was the worse ever. Some of those blowouts were like watching an extended post game waterfalling of accolades in the 4th quarter.

Just now, Tommy Shelby said:

He took a knee at the end of the game instead of trying to win it in regulation AND got the ball first in OT. The call was bullshit though and should be able to be challenged in the future 

Goddamnit!

Don't come in here with facts and shit!!!

9 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

I would say what we saw tonight was exceptional defense being played. There wasn’t s ton of penalties on either team, no sloppy play, not a lot of turnovers. As a pure football fan especially those who like watching good defense this was a great game to watch imo.

Lots of dropped passes.  Looked like UT 3 years ago.  And the pros don't call PI.

11 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Yeah, I'll have to really ponder if this was the worse ever. Some of those blowouts were like watching an extended post game waterfalling of accolades in the 4th quarter.

Yeah boring super bowl, but I’ll take a 1 score game with less than 3 minutes left over a shit show of a blow out. Defensive schemes won today. It made for some intense moments down the stretch

22 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Low scoring games in today’s era are way less entertaining than low scoring games in the past because back then there were brutal hits, and power running offenses made a 4 yard gain seem like an accomplishment.  Seeing teams dink and dunk with short passes, not score, and not play particularly physical is the least satisfying football possible.

you block Suh and Donald

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 39, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because that game gave me cancer anyway.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Least entertaining, but not a bad game. Everyone wants to see no-defense, 51-48 games these days.

Yep. Funny how so many make fun of Big 12 football yet it seems that is what they want deep down. That Chiefs/Rams MNF game is regarded by so many as one of the best games ever. I enjoy watching a close defensive battle. Where points are at a premium. Track meets where teams score every possession get old. Same as basketball where games are 150-147. Wade had the Rams defense ready to play and Bill had the Pats defense ready. Tackling was great. Coverage was tight. No missed assignments. Great battle in the trenches.

I don't need to see highlight reel plays on every drive for a game to be exciting. Tie game midway into the 4th. I enjoyed the defensive struggle for once. Especially seeing the league is desperately wanting to go turbo offense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Giants - Ravens in '01 was worse IMO.  That game was over before halftime and had Trent Dilfer as the winning QB.

2 hours ago, TexasMan said:

To further illustrate my point, these 3 consecutive plays were more interesting/exciting than anything today's super bowl had to offer:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Fuck you and fuck Boston and all of their God damned sports teams. Houston has never been and Dallas has had a quarter century Super Bowl drought. Fuck New England 

Wow, someone let you out of the cloakroom you small hate filled person? 

اساسنامه بز
Edited by InkaUtexas

Look at the last 2 years though. Nobody had trouble scoring on BB and the Pats. This is wonder boy shitting the bed. 
Thats true and i agree....it was mcvays big time moment

Thats why i said i was surprised how overmatched he looked...did that make you think i was praising him???

Pederson has more skins on the wall and is a known great off coach and shanahan also was a well thought off O coach who got a HC job so not sure your making that strong of a point

42 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep. Funny how so many make fun of Big 12 football yet it seems that is what they want deep down. That Chiefs/Rams MNF game is regarded by so many as one of the best games ever. I enjoy watching a close defensive battle. Where points are at a premium. Track meets where teams score every possession get old. Same as basketball where games are 150-147. Wade had the Rams defense ready to play and Bill had the Pats defense ready. Tackling was great. Coverage was tight. No missed assignments. Great battle in the trenches.

I don't need to see highlight reel plays on every drive for a game to be exciting. Tie game midway into the 4th. I enjoyed the defensive struggle for once. Especially seeing the league is desperately wanting to go turbo offense.

don't tell aggy and Lsu this.