Tapatalk

Tapatalk now runs ads about every five posts. It’s become an unbearable product to use. I wish there was a mobile app alternative.
I haven't updated Tapatalk in over a year. I get an ad at the top or bottom every once in a while. Sometimes between threads in a forum but not many.

No matter how careful I am, when I try to scroll a thread, it pops up the ads, over and over and over. This is even more unbearable. Eff those guys.
Yeah, they have really cranked up the touch sensitivity on ads in the past 2 days. Impossible to even touch an ad while scrolling without it opening a browser.

15 hours ago, blacklab said:

Yeah, they suck.

For those of you that use it, have you tried the site inside chrome on a mobile device?
The theme we're using is responsive and works great vertically and horizontally.

I've gone to this too, and I have tapatalk pro. Running it from chrome on mobile is the only way I can get most of the embedded (videos, tweets, etc) content to show and post.

This concept seems tough to grasp.

I paid my $5 or $10 10 years ago or so, still active and no ads.
Same here, but I think it was $3.99 at the time. The mobile site on Chrome is great, I just subscribed to a couple other forums, so I use Tapatalk. Hi bich about it, and it's my own damn fault, but at least I don't have to worry about ads.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, pro user here and no ads. It does suck that a lot of links don’t display the content.

That’s something that pisses me off. I paid for it, I wanna see erthing
Pretty sure that has something to do with plugins that the admins have to set up, at least for the imgur shit. Gfycat has never worked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There's a site that has old versions of Tapa. (Google it) Download the one you want. Uninstall your current version. Turn off Auto Update. Install the old version. Make sure you know your password. You'll have to put in your preferences as to posts per page, etc again.

• Like 1

I have been 20-30 email a day this last week.  I sent email to Tapa and ripped them.  

Two things you can try:

On Tapa, go to Settings and click email notifications and fix that.   THEN, go to SETTINGS > AUTO FOLLOW and unclick all those.  Hopefully it helps. 

I think the main problem is it is auto following anything you reply to, and then sending you emails when people post to that thread. 

So glad I opened this thread to bitch about tapa and saw the suggestion to use the mobile site in chrome. Not quite as functional as tapa used to be, but with the ads and the freezing...the mobile site is currently a shit load better. 

Only problem is I can’t figure out how to create a shortcut to my home screen on iPhone. From some cursory research, it looks like apple doesn’t allow shortcuts from other browsers, but I’m hoping there’s an app workaround? Anybody got a suggestion?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tapa has been a shit show for years now. One of the most incompetent group of people I’ve seen in a long time. It sucks that a competitor hasn’t knocked them out.

I don’t like using the mobile site because it takes some extra clicks to easily read and scroll unread content.

I’ve turned off every possible email notification through Tapa and my Laptop browser snd I’m still getting hundreds of notifications from Surly on a daily basis.

I’ve been with this group going back to HF but I rarely post here these days and I’m ready to move on as a result of this unfixable email issue.

Please! Is there any possible way to delete my account. I would very much appreciate it if someone will be kind enough to help me out here.