Bob Kraft Arrested in Sex Sting

4th&Five

13 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Yes but the story and hysteria was trafficking.  

Yeah, that was the other thing that made it look like a political ploy.  When prosecutors make shit up for maximum publicity but then the charge is something much more mundane, it's usually a PR operation rather than a law enforcement one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

Yeah, that was the other thing that made it look like a political ploy.  When prosecutors make shit up for maximum publicity but then the charge is something much more mundane, it's usually a PR operation rather than a law enforcement one.

Serious question: Did the prosecutors ever allege Kraft was part of the trafficking?

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Serious question: Did the prosecutors ever allege Kraft was part of the trafficking?

Not in their legal filings.  But they certainly played up that angle in their press conference to draw attention to themselves this terrible scourge.  I'm sure using Kraft's name to get media coverage for that same conference was purely coincidental.

The Jupiter spa was one of 10 across Florida shut down this month after being tied to an international human trafficking ring. Women in the spas were being held in "sexual servitude," according to arrest records.

"This is not about lonely old men or victimless crimes," Aronberg said. "This is about enabling a network of criminals to traffic women to our country for forced labor and sex."

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/crime/2019/02/25/state-attorney-nfl-owner-robert-kraft-visited-jupiter-spa-morning-afc-championship/2979389002/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Augustus said:

They might have been excited at first, but I agree, having a defendant like Kraft among the accused could prove unwelcome when all is said and done

Well, the ball is in the prosecution’s court, and Kraft certainly has the ability to deflate it.

• Like 3

Yes but the story and hysteria was trafficking.  

No, the hysteria was that THE VERY RICH OWNER OF A UNIVERSALLY HATED FRANCHISE WAS GETTING $50, 8 MINUTE HANDYS FROM GROSS MASSAGE PARLORS!!!! I have no idea why some of you are focusing so much in the “trafficking” aspect of the “sting operation.”
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

No, the hysteria was that THE VERY RICH OWNER OF A UNIVERSALLY HATED FRANCHISE WAS GETTING $50, 8 MINUTE HANDYS FROM GROSS MASSAGE PARLORS!!!! I have no idea why some of you are focusing so much in the “trafficking” aspect of the “sting operation.”

Read the words straight from the prosecutor's office at their press conference.  It's not us focusing on trafficking, that's for sure.  The only reason we're having this ridiculous conversation is because a publicity whore politician couldn't restrain himself.

"This is not about lonely old men or victimless crimes," Aronberg said. "This is about enabling a network of criminals to traffic women to our country for forced labor and sex."

• Like 1

Jack Meoff
0f72d12b85800780f57b2f618082617f.jpg
Well, the ball is in the prosecution’s court, and Kraft certainly has the ability to deflate it.
7aafe47edc474d8098cf089e823b1a00.jpg

8 minutes?

75be60b3942ca6a835d469b2de623f3a.gif

A South Florida man has filed a lawsuit against the Martin County Sheriff's Office for wrongfully arresting him as part of their investigation into a sex trafficking ring at several massage parlors, the same sex trafficking ring that New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft is alleged to have patronized, reports Fox News.

"Law enforcement officials in Martin, Palm Beach, and Indian River counties last month raided several spas where they said men paid for sex acts," the outlet reports. "More than 60 men have been arrested in connection with the Martin County cases ... And among those arrested was Sandipkumar Patel — who last week was cleared of any wrongdoing."

Patel did not frequent the massage parlors alleged to have been a part of the sex trafficking ring. He was arrested in late February when investigators wrongfully connected him to the Florida Therapy Spa by way of a four-door Porsche that was parked nearby. The car did not belong to him.

"Shame and dishonor not only fell upon me but upon my family and our family name," Patel said in a news conference on Tuesday.

"Imagine talking to your mother and father, trying to explain you are innocent," he continued. "Imagine what your two little girls must be thinking and wondering. Imagine what they may be exposed to at school with their friends. Imagine what your wife must be feeling as she has to take the kids to school and see other parents who she may come in contact with. Imagine having to work seeing regular customers on a regular basis who I’ve become friends with and look forward to seeing. Imagine thinking about killing yourself. This did not have to happen."

"The Martin County Sheriff’s Office last week revealed Patel was, in fact, innocent and had been misidentified," reports Fox News. "Authorities said the blue Porsche actually belonged to a woman with the same last name and was also co-registered to a man not named Patel."

"Martin Sheriff’s Lt. Mike Dougherty told TCPalm the confusion began when they researched the four-door Porsche in which the man who received the sex services left," the report continues. "He said the male co-registrant was not the man in the video inside the spa, so officers kept looking."

Police fingered Patel while searching for driver's license photos of men with the same name in Martin County. They said his "license photo matched the look of a man seen on video the police had shot at the spa."

"It wasn’t him that was in the Porsche," Lt. Dougherty said. "It was somebody else."

Patel's wife, Sonar, says Martin Sheriff William Snyder owes her husband more than just an apology.

"You and your deputy brought my world to an end," she said. "His face was plastered all over the internet for the world to see. My husband’s only crime was being a Patel."

The Patel’s attorney, David Golden, said Tuesday that the Sheriff's office was "willing to sacrifice proper investigative work and our civil liberties for yet another arrest."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/44340/father-sues-florida-sheriff-wrongfully-arresting-paul-bois?fbclid=IwAR3SABKxF9VPTS3nYstWH6yQpO699Vxn8x47ic5BVGVBesHkCYo_WvBXcfk

19 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

A South Florida man has filed a lawsuit against the Martin County Sheriff's Office for wrongfully arresting him as part of their investigation into a sex trafficking ring at several massage parlors, the same sex trafficking ring that New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft is alleged to have patronized, reports Fox News.

"Law enforcement officials in Martin, Palm Beach, and Indian River counties last month raided several spas where they said men paid for sex acts," the outlet reports. "More than 60 men have been arrested in connection with the Martin County cases ... And among those arrested was Sandipkumar Patel — who last week was cleared of any wrongdoing."

Patel did not frequent the massage parlors alleged to have been a part of the sex trafficking ring. He was arrested in late February when investigators wrongfully connected him to the Florida Therapy Spa by way of a four-door Porsche that was parked nearby. The car did not belong to him.

"Shame and dishonor not only fell upon me but upon my family and our family name," Patel said in a news conference on Tuesday.

"Imagine talking to your mother and father, trying to explain you are innocent," he continued. "Imagine what your two little girls must be thinking and wondering. Imagine what they may be exposed to at school with their friends. Imagine what your wife must be feeling as she has to take the kids to school and see other parents who she may come in contact with. Imagine having to work seeing regular customers on a regular basis who I’ve become friends with and look forward to seeing. Imagine thinking about killing yourself. This did not have to happen."

"The Martin County Sheriff’s Office last week revealed Patel was, in fact, innocent and had been misidentified," reports Fox News. "Authorities said the blue Porsche actually belonged to a woman with the same last name and was also co-registered to a man not named Patel."

"Martin Sheriff’s Lt. Mike Dougherty told TCPalm the confusion began when they researched the four-door Porsche in which the man who received the sex services left," the report continues. "He said the male co-registrant was not the man in the video inside the spa, so officers kept looking."

Police fingered Patel while searching for driver's license photos of men with the same name in Martin County. They said his "license photo matched the look of a man seen on video the police had shot at the spa."

"It wasn’t him that was in the Porsche," Lt. Dougherty said. "It was somebody else."

Patel's wife, Sonar, says Martin Sheriff William Snyder owes her husband more than just an apology.

"You and your deputy brought my world to an end," she said. "His face was plastered all over the internet for the world to see. My husband’s only crime was being a Patel."

The Patel’s attorney, David Golden, said Tuesday that the Sheriff's office was "willing to sacrifice proper investigative work and our civil liberties for yet another arrest."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/44340/father-sues-florida-sheriff-wrongfully-arresting-paul-bois?fbclid=IwAR3SABKxF9VPTS3nYstWH6yQpO699Vxn8x47ic5BVGVBesHkCYo_WvBXcfk

Well, in the Sheriff's defense, the man they arrested looked foreign and shared a surname with a woman who happened to be registered as an owner of a vehicle that was in the same neighborhood as a massage parlor.

Edited by Magus Ossis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Probably some ambitious politician looking for publicity to make a move for higher office.  It's the same thing that usually leads to prosecutorial abuses like withholding evidence from the defense to get conviction rates up.  Unlike the run of the mill defendant, Kraft has the resources to make this blow up in the face of the prosecution.

It's not a single politician though.  Trafficking is a federal priority.  That means the FBI is on the case and it's doling out money and things to local law enforcement and forming "task forces" with them.  It's a very distorted situation that I have been grousing about for a couple of years.

Pay attention, you hardly see a hooker/john bust anywhere in the country that isn't trumpeted as some "human trafficking111!!!11!" bust.   Then you have things like this https://www.theblaze.com/news/texas-couple-guilty-slavery-africa

The next time they arrest an actual large-scale human trafficker will be close to the first.

Yes, it's a disgusting and horrific crime, but ask yourselves what they are actually doing about it?  The answer seems to be jackshit other than tooting their own horn.

It's kind of like MADD, which at least was a citizen initiative.  Did DWI need some enhancing as to enforcement and penalty?  Probably, yes.  Has it gone too far and turned into an abusive revenue generator for cities and counties?  You bet your fur it has.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

• Police fingered Patel while searching for driver's license photos of men with the same name in Martin County. They said his "license photo matched the look of a man seen on video the police had shot at the spa."

Interesting choice of wording. Very graphic.

Don't they have the sovereign immunity doctrine in Floriduh?

Edited by Lidig8r
cuz I'm a idjit
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's not a single politician though.  Trafficking is a federal priority.  That means the FBI is on the case and it's doling out money and things to local law enforcement and forming "task forces" with them.  It's a very distorted situation that I have been grousing about for a couple of years.

Pay attention, you hardly see a hooker/john bust anywhere in the country that isn't trumpeted as some "human trafficking111!!!11!" bust.   Then you have things like this https://www.theblaze.com/news/texas-couple-guilty-slavery-africa

The next time they arrest an actual large-scale human trafficker will be close to the first.

Yes, it's a disgusting and horrific crime, but ask yourselves what they are actually doing about it?  The answer seems to be jackshit other than tooting their own horn.

Agreed.  That's why the prosecuting attorneys left those women in a bad situation for months.  But they did get a warrant to make sad pr0n.  The dirty pictures were going to help make headlines so why would we expect them to prioritize doing their job over that.  You're correct that the system creates bad incentives but the bad choices of individual prosecutors should be pointed out as well.  There is plenty of blame to go around after all.

• Like 1

Everybody is conflating two different issues.

The first is that law enforcement in this country is being stupid about declaring human trafficking all the time and, yes, it's a money grab from federal funds. That's true.

The other is Robert Kraft being arrested for getting a $59 rub and tug at a strip mall massage parlor. That would be a huge story whether or not anyone had ever said the words human trafficking in relation to the arrest.

Ask yourself if it would be news if Jerry Jones were arrested for soliciting prostitution. Of course it would. It was huge news when Hugh Grant was caught in a car with a hooker and nobody said anything about human trafficking back then.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

Well, in the Sheriff's defense, the man they arrested looked foreign and shared a surname with a woman who happened to be registered as an owner of a vehicle that was in the same neighborhood as a massage parlor.

And said surname is one of the most common amongst those brownies.

We're not conflating any issues.  The story that exploded in the media and had everyone up in arms was that Kraft was going to SEX SLAVES and OMG A RICH WHITE MAN GOT OFF ON WOMEN WHO WERE IMPRISONED!!!!

That was the fucking story.  Turned out to be bullshit.  Him simply getting busted for a hand job would have been out of the news cycle in 24 hours.

12 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

We're not conflating any issues.  The story that exploded in the media and had everyone up in arms was that Kraft was going to SEX SLAVES and OMG A RICH WHITE MAN GOT OFF ON WOMEN WHO WERE IMPRISONED!!!!

That was the fucking story.  Turned out to be bullshit.  Him simply getting busted for a hand job would have been out of the news cycle in 24 hours.

And you're full of shit on it being out of the news in 24 hours. The owner of the New England Patriots was arrested for paying for a handy. That would be news for days, then news again when he appears in court, then news again when the case is resolved (if it's a different day).

I have read way more about the trafficking aspect of this in this thread than anywhere else. Law enforcement bullshit is bullshit, but that is not even a part of the story on most sports news outlets. The cops said they have a video of Robert Kraft getting a handjob from a strip mall masseuse. But you claim that would be completely out of the news in 24 hours. That's just silly.

If Robert Kraft was a no-name retiree on a fixed income, he would still have been indicted/arrested for this crime. Cops and DAs almost universally have a policy to publicly embarrass johns in an attempt to stop them.  So he would have had his mug shot and/or name in the local press but only people that personally knew him would have noticed it. This happens in Houston every few months. you see the pics in the Houston Chronicle website and EVERYONE scrolls thru them to see if they know anyone.

Now when the cops and DA have a chance to scare off more johns by over-publicizing a famous person, they are going to use that leverage.

As far as the DA wanting attention, water is wet. That is the definition of a politician so its a moot point.

It can be both. Kraft is high profile so him getting hand jobs at strip malls would for sure make the news but more in a lulz TMZ sort of way.  Certainly longer than 24 hours.  Kind of like those Jerry Jones stripper photos from a few years back, but it would have more legs because laws were actually broken.  Still a lot of news really played to the trafficking angle, so Kraft and sex slaves are linked in a lot of minds and that certainly unnecessarily ramped it up a few more degrees.

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If Robert Kraft was a no-name retiree on a fixed income, he would still have been indicted/arrested for this crime. Cops and DAs almost universally have a policy to publicly embarrass johns in an attempt to stop them.  So he would have had his mug shot and/or name in the local press but only people that personally knew him would have noticed it. This happens in Houston every few months. you see the pics in the Houston Chronicle website and EVERYONE scrolls thru them to see if they know anyone.

Now when the cops and DA have a chance to scare off more johns by over-publicizing a famous person, they are going to use that leverage.

As far as the DA wanting attention, water is wet. That is the definition of a politician so its a moot point.

Well, implicit in the criticism is the grotesque amount of taxpayer money and law-enforcement resources that went into this.  Wouldn't surprise me if it was in the millions of dollars.

For a bunch of misdemeanors.

• Like 1

This is more than just human trafficking or unlawful sexual activity, this is a matter of National Security. If these alleged massage parlors were in fact surveilled for six months and we only find twenty customers, that's pretty clear evidence that they must have other means of support, which in turn leads directly to the feet of Chinese Intel. There is far, far more to this story, but we may never know the truth.

• Like 1

I'm pretty damn liberal.

It must suck to be someone that has to pay for a handjob because you can't get laid. Go for it, but that isn't me for me and I find it disgusting. Just do it at a legit place and not one of those shady massage parlors.

10 hours ago, mycox said:

^^^^Correct
I haven't read anything but the last page on this thread, but you are ignorant if you think massage parlors aren't a hub for sex tracking. Some of these girls live in deplorable living conditions with suitcases inside the spas. 

This is a good article.
https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/the-lost-girls/

interesting poster name 

because I'm thinking Mr. Kraft and others would just say that they wanted someone to touch or suck mycox

10 hours ago, mycox said:

^^^^Correct
I haven't read anything but the last page on this thread, but you are ignorant if you think massage parlors aren't a hub for sex tracking. Some of these girls live in deplorable living conditions with suitcases inside the spas. 

This is a good article.
https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/the-lost-girls/

Because you didn't read the thread, you should STFU.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Because you didn't read the thread, you should STFU.

And you are correct. I came home after a late Wednesday happy hour reading the last page and responded to some replies without reading the full story. I still stand by my comments about trafficking though.

• Like 1

No one argued that trafficking wasn't bad or that there isn't frequently a connection between rub n tugs and sex trafficking.  But this bust had as much to do with sex trafficking as a quarter-ounce pot bust has to do with the drug war.  Fuck tha police.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mycox said:

And you are correct. I came home after a late Wednesday happy hour reading the last page and responded to some replies without reading the full story. I still stand by my comments about trafficking though.

don't listen to the trolls.  you don't have to read 200 posts before you're allowed to comment.  

On 3/8/2019 at 7:27 AM, Tex Long said:

This is more than just human trafficking or unlawful sexual activity, this is a matter of National Security. If these alleged massage parlors were in fact surveilled for six months and we only find twenty customers, that's pretty clear evidence that they must have other means of support, which in turn leads directly to the feet of Chinese Intel. There is far, far more to this story, but we may never know the truth.

Holy shit... reading the headlines the last day or two... can I write 'em, or what?

• 2 weeks later...