LSU @ Texas series

Armypilot

I just do not get the galindo haters.  The guy has a good voice, is a fan of the program, and clearly has a passion for his job and UT sports.  No reason to hate on the guy the way our fans do.  Is he perfect?  no.  who is?  is he a good ambassador for our programs and energetic with broadcasts?  Yes.  He is.  It's a tier 3 dedicated network.  we aren't getting the ghost of Keith Jackson.  

• Like 3

Took a group of boys to game Saturday, was a blast. Horns really showed up this weekend. Picked up some Yeti cups (which look great) and I love the full bar feature at the game now.

(don't remember this being an option last year)

Was nice seeing Horns dominate across the board, even if it was against an unmotivated SEC team. 🙂

(love how that is common theme every time Texas whips on SEC teams)

2 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

I just do not get the galindo haters.  The guy has a good voice, is a fan of the program, and clearly has a passion for his job and UT sports.  No reason to hate on the guy the way our fans do.  Is he perfect?  no.  who is?  is he a good ambassador for our programs and energetic with broadcasts?  Yes.  He is.  It's a tier 3 dedicated network.  we aren't getting the ghost of Keith Jackson.  

Hi, Mrs. Galindo! 

• Like 2

Because he’s terrible. I like it when Keith and Greg openly mock him on air. Also I’m pretty sure Ricky Williams wants to murder him.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, 300 blackout said:

#9 in Baseball America and #12 in D1 baseball

great jump in the polls.  Still too early in the season.  The team needs to tighten up on pitching and defense. This week will be telling, especially after the four game series with Stanford

59 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

I used to think like this.  And then I started actually listening to him on the broadcasts.  He says so much stupid stuff.  It's maddening.  And then when you get to listen to broadcasts like this weekend with three guys in the booth that really KNOW the game, the contrast is just too great to ignore.  Even though none of those guys really are cut out for PBP (Keith does a passable job), the quality of the observations you are getting is so enjoyable.

Galindo brings none of that.

• Like 1

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

I used to think like this.  And then I started actually listening to him on the broadcasts.  He says so much stupid stuff.  It's maddening.  And then when you get to listen to broadcasts like this weekend with three guys in the booth that really KNOW the game, the contrast is just too great to ignore.  Even though none of those guys really are cut out for PBP (Keith does a passable job), the quality of the observations you are getting is so enjoyable.

Gallindo doesn't call the game so much as  he assaults the viewer with empty observations.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pepper brooks said:

he wants to call a baseball game like its basketball or football.  its not the same.  Keith, while a bit marble mouthed at times, understands that.

Galindo also wants to be the color guy along with PBP way too much.  he's not funny(except when Swindell makes him the butt of the jokes). he also doesn't need to "feed" Greg and keith talking point questions, which go on way too long.  They know what is going on in the game and they know the stats(especially Keith) of the players.  they'll talk when they need to and don't need him to prompt them.

He's OK at basketball(besides the nickname thing) but he's just bad at baseball.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

The best is when Keith and Zeke are starting to dive into a really interesting discussion on pitching mechanics or a pitcher's approach to a certain situation, and then a foul ball is hit into the stands that knocks over some kid's cotton candy, and Gallindo completely derails everything:

"OH MY, MY DUDE JUST DROPPED THE COTTON CANDY. HA HA HA HA SOMEBODY'S GOTTA GO DOWN THERE AND HELP MY GUY OUT, GET HIM SOME COTTON CANDY. Zeke, let's take up a collection, get 10 bucks down to that kid"

Then awkward silence as Moreland and Swindell realize the moment is dead and they'll never finish their discussion. 

• Like 2

Its not good when your PBP thinks he is part of the "show".  what he doesn't get is people watching baseball on LHN in the middle of the afternoon on a weekend are actually only baseball fans who want to listen to guys that know the game.

1 hour ago, pepper brooks said:

I don't hate Galindo, I hate his broadcasting. Two of the things you listed (fan of the program, passion) have little to do with the quality of his play-by-play, and honestly I don't find his voice that pleasant to listen to either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

True. Although you have to admit that Moreland says some pretty stupid shit sometimes as well. As do most broadcasters...

40 minutes ago, wood said:

I LOL'd sooo hard at Greg's shot at the guy in the fur coat. Pure greatness with perfect timing. It was beautiful.

Galindo probably would have ruined that moment.

I saw the guy in the coat, but was distracted at the time, what was Zeke's take?

14 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

I saw the guy in the coat, but was distracted at the time, what was Zeke's take?

Ben: "There you go. Zeke, you got one of those?"

Zeke: "Yeah, I bust it out on occasion.

Ben: "Wouldn't wanna get no nachos on it...no mustard"

Keith: "I bet it's warm"

Zeke: " I hope it is!"

Keith: "It better be, huh?"

Hilarity ensues...

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Is this for real?  We should excuse him because he's trying? Is this fucking TBall?

giphy.gif

See, I read that differently.  I read "trying" as an adjective, which Galindo is.

46 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

True. Although you have to admit that Moreland says some pretty stupid shit sometimes as well. As do most broadcasters...

He fumbles over words at times, which is why he is not an ideal PBP guy.  But I forgive him because he brings a lot of other value.

29 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

I wonder now how LSU will react after getting their nuts took. Do they fold like USC football?

My prediction is that they'll react like we did after looking like garbage Fri & Sat in Baton Rouge. Ultimately this will be good for their development. 

Which is why I hate chickenshit non conf scheduling. If you beat everyone 19-2 playing at home against a bunch of dogs, you have no idea what you've got on your team until conference play starts. 

3 hours ago, TornACL said:

The best is when Keith and Zeke are starting to dive into a really interesting discussion on pitching mechanics or a pitcher's approach to a certain situation, and then a foul ball is hit into the stands that knocks over some kid's cotton candy, and Gallindo completely derails everything:

"OH MY, MY DUDE JUST DROPPED THE COTTON CANDY. HA HA HA HA SOMEBODY'S GOTTA GO DOWN THERE AND HELP MY GUY OUT, GET HIM SOME COTTON CANDY. Zeke, let's take up a collection, get 10 bucks down to that kid"

Then awkward silence as Moreland and Swindell realize the moment is dead and they'll never finish their discussion. 

Dammit i cant stop laughing. This is spot on. Well done

22 hours ago, Cajun said:

This guy was prescient:

Eye_Heart_Number_33
Member since Feb 2012
1070 posts
Icononline.gif Online 

re: I smell a roundhouse kick to UT's jaw coming today....Posted on 3/3/19 at 11:52 am to tduecen
A one run win would suffice.

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I didn't realize this, but NCAA puts out RPI this early.  https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1/rpi

Texas ranked 87, which gives you a notion of the validity of early-season RPI.

I like watching the RPI, not matter how relevant, all season. I think it’s interesting.

Watch out though. There are some guys on here that wig out if RPI is even mentioned this early.

Edited by Enfield

7 minutes ago, Enfield said:

I like watching the RPI, not matter how relevant, all season. I think it’s interesting.

Watch out though. There are some guys on here that wig out if RPI is even mentioned this early.

Yale ranked #7 in the country on the strength of 1-3 at NMSU and 2-1 at New Orleans.  I seriously don't understand the math.  

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

I don't hate Galindo, I hate his broadcasting. Two of the things you listed (fan of the program, passion) have little to do with the quality of his play-by-play, and honestly I don't find his voice that pleasant to listen to either.

We have all been spoiled by Craig Weigh.  His overall quality, knowledge of what he is seeing, ability to communicate it without excess verbiage, showing honest enthusiasm at the appropriate times, and doing so from a Texas-centric viewpoint while avoiding homerism, is very  unusual.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Horndog said:

We have all been spoiled by Craig Weigh.  His overall quality, knowledge of what he is seeing, ability to communicate it without excess verbiage, showing honest enthusiasm at the appropriate times, and doing so from a Texas-centric viewpoint while avoiding homerism, is very  unusual.   

Bill Schoening before him was outstanding.

And, Craig Weigh?  Are you trying to imply he's getting fat?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Bill Schoening before him was outstanding.

Nobody will top Way for knowledge, but I still miss Bill. So entertaining and emotive. Helluva good guy, too. May or may not have consumed a beer or two with him while taking in the scenery at a yellow-colored local establishment on N. Lamar once upon a time ...

Edited by wood

1 minute ago, wood said:

Nobody will top Way for knowledge, but I still miss Bill. So entertaining and emotive. Helluva good guy, too. May or may not have shared a beer or two with him while taking in the scenery at a yellow-colored local establishment on N. Lamar once upon a time ...

I know he's very happy working for the Spurs, and that it was a great move career-wise, but I hate that he is wasted on the NBA, which sucks big donkey balls.

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

I know he's very happy working for the Spurs, and that it was a great move career-wise, but I hate that he is wasted on the NBA, which sucks big donkey balls.

My sentiments exactly...

On 3/3/2019 at 6:27 PM, Enfield said:

how do you link a video?

Does anyone have a relink for this vid (the one with the fans and brooms taunting the LSU bus)? It appears to be down now. Was going to go troll on tigerdroppings

Edited by TXs