2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Well, at least they got the lay flat seats:

https://www.united.com/en/us/flightstatus/details/2500/2019-10-18/EWR/IAH/UA

Capacity: 39 United First, 201 United Economy

United First : 2-1-2 flat-bed seating layout. Seats have a length of up to 6 feet 3 inches and a full 180-degree recline. Seat width is up to 21 inches.

Dang, I was off an hour on the flight time.  Putting them up in a downtown Houston hotel is interesting, I think I've heard of that happening before.  But I highly doubt MLB would have let them fly out of NY in the morning, can't risk delays that could impact the start time. 

Edited by clapclapclap
I bet Will Harris snores

3 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Urquidy for 5, Peacock for 4.  2017 close out style.  

Exactly what I was thinking. My only concern is Urquidy hasn't pitched in a while and might be rusty with his location. 

Also, I would have started Diaz tonight. Hinch needs to play him more. Hell, even play him in the outfield. 

56 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Well, at least they got the lay flat seats:

https://www.united.com/en/us/flightstatus/details/2500/2019-10-18/EWR/IAH/UA

Capacity: 39 United First, 201 United Economy

United First : 2-1-2 flat-bed seating layout. Seats have a length of up to 6 feet 3 inches and a full 180-degree recline. Seat width is up to 21 inches.

Dang, I was off an hour on the flight time.  Putting them up in a downtown Houston hotel is interesting, I think I've heard of that happening before.  But I highly doubt MLB would have let them fly out of NY in the morning, can't risk delays that could impact the start time. 

Altuve is probably saying:  holy shit, this is luxurious.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I keep seeing people call for Diaz to DH but isn't it true that if he was DH and something happened to one of our infielders and he had to move to a field position we would lose the DH? I'm not exactly sure how that works.

Yep. If DH plays the field, pitcher has to bat. 

• Like 1

As I recall, when Smith was signed, it was to ensure we have a reliever to handle Judge and Stanton. Whether the latter is in the lineup the rest of the series or not, Torres now is also a key guy against whom Smith’s style might play. So I’m not at all opposed to him starting Game 6. 

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Will Machete get the start today?   I’m tired of Chorizo and his .000 average and shit framing skills. 

He can’t make contact with the ball and he’s cost the Astros numerous strikes over the last few games. 12 year old little league catchers can frame the ball correctly. What’s up with this guy?

17 minutes ago, housious said:

He can’t make contact with the ball and he’s cost the Astros numerous strikes over the last few games. 12 year old little league catchers can frame the ball correctly. What’s up with this guy?

At least he can catch it, which is more than Maldonado could do in last year’s playoffs.

Does anyone know if after the game, does the Astros and Yankees fly to Houston for tonight’s game or do they depart this morning?  I’m surprised there isn’t a travel day today with game tomorrow night instead.   Just made the flight last night from Baltimore to Austin after long day and the three hour long flight was a beating.  Guess they want to have option for a game 7 on Sunday night but got to be hard on players.

2 hours ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I keep seeing people call for Diaz to DH but isn't it true that if he was DH and something happened to one of our infielders and he had to move to a field position we would lose the DH? I'm not exactly sure how that works.

Maybe put Diaz in left and let Uncle Mike DH?  Just spitballin’. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Maybe put Diaz in left and let Uncle Mike DH?  Just spitballin’. 

this is what should be happening.  it's not that difficult.

yordan should sit vs lefties, but teams like the yankees will still bring a lefty in later if we ph him.  they're gameplanning a lot around a rookie, hopefully it's part of the reason we'll win the series, even if he doesn't show up at the plate.

For a non-elimination game, today is about as must-win as it gets if you want to win the WS.  Win, then you have Cole and JV for the first two games and Greinke and his bat for the first game in Washington.  Lose and even if we’re fortunate enough to advance, you don’t get Cole until game 3 and Greinke has to start in MMP with our less than ideal DH situation.

• Like 1