2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

So there are some advantages to living in HELL
yeah the liquor laws are AWESOME. state rule is liquor stores open at like 8 and close at 9 seven days a week and bars open at like 8 and close at 2. grocery and 711 sell from like 8 to 11.

UNLESS and it's a big UNLESS, unless a local government entity says different. so miami dade is 24 hours everything. reedy creek is 24 hours everything. reedy creek is WDW overarching government entity. along with Lake Buena Vista and Bay Lake. LBV is Disney Springs, Typhoon Lagoon and some of the hotels. Bay Lake is Blizzard Beach, all the theme parks and the rest of the hotels. so party on wayne.

ps parents can't allow kids under 21 to drink, BUT if your kid is in a hospitality class for instance the professor can get the students knee walking drunk in class.

fuck the yankees

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

I get that you feel if you leave him in long enough, he’ll hit his  way out of this. But we don’t have until Christmas. In the meantime, even with so many other guys in a hitting funk, he’s our most automatic out. Give Tucker some run. 

he's going thru a bellinger 2017 thing.

he'll be fine next season.

• Like 1

I stayed until the bitter end. JV shut them down after the first inning. That freaky ding off the foul ball pole was the difference.

It's just frustrating when after yesterday, the offense regresses.

Oh, and someone needs to tell a bunch of Yankees fans that grown men wearing sweat pants in public isn't a good look.

• Like 1

So what's the probable timeline on the flight home?

Game over about 9pm central, how long until they get on the bus?  Within an hour and a half?  Another hour or so to the airport and load up the flight, so in the air before midnight?  A little over 2 hours flight time from NY?  So I'm guessing in their cars by 2:30am?  

I'm having plenty of time to ponder these things watching the FS1 Yankees' post-game show.  

Edited by clapclapclap

2 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Game over about 9pm central, how long until they get on the bus?  Within an hour and a half?  Another hour or so to the airport and load up the flight, so in the air before midnight?  A little over 2 hours flight time from NY?  So I'm guessing in their cars by 2:30am?  

I'm having plenty of time to ponder these things watching the FS1 Yankees' post-game show.  

Not so worried about that since it affects both teams.  Are they getting in cars in Houston though?  Seems a downtown hotel would be the best option. 

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

United 2500. Track it on FlightAware or any other tracking app.  Right now showing a 3:45 arrival but they haven’t departed yet. 

Edited by Lat22
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

United 2500. Track it on FlightAware or any other tracking app.  Right now showing a 3:45 arrival but they haven’t departed yet. 

4 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

I know that Mlb didn’t have much of an option, but that sucks

Yep, but they should have slept in NY, got a good night's sleep, and flew to Houston tomorrow morning instead. 

18 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Why is it a "bullpen" game?  Urquidy could go out there and throw 7 strong innings.  Or 1 shitty one, but he is a starter.

Or does that mean they would throw Peacock out there again?

Hopefully this team starts hitting before April 2020.

Yeah, I've been saying this all week.  Even if Urquidy only gives us 5, the fact that Harris, Pressly, and Osuna have now had two days off out of the last three is huge (thanks for settling in, JV).  When I think "bullpen game," I think long relievers, and with any luck we won't even see one tomorrow night.

Edited by TexArcher