2019 NCAA March Madness Sweet 16 and Elite Eight

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

My UVA “wildcard” bracket is doing good, but come on UVA ain’t winning it all.

Why not?  They're statistically the best team in the country: 3rd in adjusted O and 5th in adjusted D.  Duke was 6th in both.

(Yes I picked UVA as well and yes I would feel a lot better if Duke hadn't pulled out their squeaker)

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Serious question: did Rick Barnes ever upset a higher-seeded team in the NCAA tournament at any point in his Texas career? I can't remember him ever having done it. Pretty astounding for how many tournament games he's coached.

2002 as a 6 seed against 3 seed Mississippi State

Why not?  They're statistically the best team in the country: 3rd in adjusted O and 5th in adjusted D.  Duke was 6th in both.
(Yes I picked UVA as well and yes I would feel a lot better if Duke hadn't pulled out their squeaker)

They lost to a 16 seed last year. It was seriously my “fuck you” bracket. I don’t expect they’ll even win tonight.

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

where the hells harlans mic?? wtf is this

Right, why the hell are we getting the in-studio feed?  I did notice that the bottom chyron with the score and time disappeared for a couple of minutes, technical problems I guess.  Regardless, the panel audio is a mess, everybody talking over each other...

1 minute ago, UTCzech III said:

Right, why the hell are we getting the in-studio feed?  I did notice that the bottom chyron with the score and time disappeared for a couple of minutes, technical problems I guess.  Regardless, the panel audio is a mess, everybody talking over each other...

ok we're back. that was awful