LSU RB Tae Provens Accused Of Raping a 'Blacked Out' Victim

Vic Mackey

W6HCXEXPMFAOJOZAGBT45SOQPI.jpg

LSU running back Tae Provens has been accused of raping a “blacked out” victim at an LSU apartment Sunday (March 24). He was booked on a third-degree rape charge Wednesday.

According to the arrest report from university police, the victim said she and a friend went to Provens’ apartment at Riverbend Hall at 3 a.m. Sunday morning when she asked to use his bathroom. Provens directed her toward the bathroom in his bedroom and followed her into the room.

She said that at this time her memory becomes hazy and she “blacks out,” but she remembers Provens following her into the bathroom, her shirt coming off and her attempting to hold onto her underwear as it was taken off, the report said.

The victim then said Provens went behind her and sexually assaulted her. She said she tried to tell him, “no, no, no," but he paused and continued, according to the report.

She was then able to get out from underneath, get dressed and leave the room.

LSU Police spoke to a witness who was not in the room but said the victim left the room upset. When she asked if Provens had sex with her when she said no, the victim told her yes.

When the witness confronted Provens, he admitted to having sex with her but said he stopped when the victim became upset.

Provens entered the NCAA transfer portal — a new system that allows players to seek a transfer without teams needing to request permission from the player’s current school — on March 21. He hasn’t practiced since.

LSU spokesperson Ernie Ballard confirmed the arrest and booking and said:

“We take any and all allegations like these seriously, and currently, this is a law enforcement investigation. Once the law enforcement component is completed, the Office of Student Advocacy & Accountability and the Title IX office will conduct their investigation as well. Provens entered the NCAA transfer portal on March 21, and since that time, he has not participated in team activities.

At LSU, we’re committed to ending sexual violence and maintaining a community of respect, and an alleged incident like this goes against everything we stand for within our community. Our thoughts go out to the victim in this incident and every resource available through the university is being offered through the LSU CARE Team.”

Provens redshirted the 2018 season after appearing in just two games. New NCAA rules allow players to save a year of eligibility as long as they play in no more than four games.

Provens had four carries for 13 yards, all late in LSU’s 42-10 win against Rice.

This is the first season where the transfer portal has been in use, as the NCAA eliminated the procedure where transfers needed to get permission from their current school before receiving another scholarship.

https://www.nola.com/lsu/2019/03/lsu-running-back-tae-provens-accused-of-raping-blacked-out-victim-at-apartment.html?utm_campaign=noladotcom_sf&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR0vgT2TOcnYltjKuv-3qE3vn8ZFTwJBeebeQp8d93pN21V24PkE_sMr0oI

44 minutes ago, Girdwood said:

Victim sure seems to recall quite a bit of detail for someone who was supposedly “blacked out.” Just saying. 

The world is not black and white, and neither is “blacking out” with alcohol. There is an entire spectrum, from missing a moment to it is hazy to I don’t remember a single thing after a certain time. I did experiments on this subject in my 20s. 

• Like 1

The world is not black and white, and neither is “blacking out” with alcohol. There is an entire spectrum, from missing a moment to it is hazy to I don’t remember a single thing after a certain time. I did experiments on this subject in my 20s. 
Yep. I've had many blackouts in my big drinking days. Sometimes you remember more details than others. Pieces of the night can come back to you little by little or by someone mentioning something. There's definitely different stages of being blacked out.

But we've seen false accusations when it comes to rape and assault though so who knows.

So they had 2 players kill that teen while "buying electronics" (drug deal) before their bowl game, and now this rape. Team seems to have more than a few pretty violent people on their squad. 

we like it that way...football is a violent game, so violent people are needed.

Provens was in the transfer portal before the charges dropped.

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

So they had 2 players kill that teen while "buying electronics" (drug deal) before their bowl game, and now this rape. Team seems to have more than a few pretty violent people on their squad. 

You ain’t gonna be SEC good with a bunch of librarians...

21 hours ago, Helobious said:

Yes. Buying electronics. Lmao. Surprised they didn’t meet at a Subway at 2am

22 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

we like it that way...football is a violent game, so violent people are needed.

Provens was in the transfer portal before the charges dropped.

Don’t make the same mistake the pussy dawgs made and bring a knife to a fist fight.  Better bring the gun.  Never seen Texas play this tough ever.  I like it.  Like a buzzsaw of motherfuckers coming to fuck you up.

Don’t make the same mistake the pussy dawgs made and bring a knife to a fist fight.  Better bring the gun.  Never seen Texas play this tough ever.  I like it.  Like a buzzsaw of motherfuckers coming to fuck you up.

we brought our own gun when we curbstomped the leghumpers to the tune of 36-16.

and with 17 starters coming back we’ll be carrying a much bigger, badder gun.

4 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Millenials….

Maybe.  Texas ain’t been shit for a while though, hoss.  I’m 32, when I was in school we were kicking everybody’s ass except for OU.  Sam would donkey punch Mack’s teams minus Vince.  I look forward to the LSU game.  It should be a fashionable fight.  No doubt it will draw the FINEST people.

Maybe.  Texas ain’t been shit for a while though, hoss.  I’m 32, when I was in school we were kicking everybody’s ass except for OU.  Sam would donkey punch Mack’s teams minus Vince.  I look forward to the LSU game.  It should be a fashionable fight.  No doubt it will draw the FINEST people.

Doubtful. He’s was on the best team since the 09 bunch.