Chicken Fried Steak

Limp Brisket

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

The proper answer is cream gravy on your CFS and brown gravy on your mashed potatoes (which should always be one of the sides you get with CFS).  You get a bit of mashed potatoes on your fork, then cut a piece of steak and eat the steak and mashed potatoes in the same bite.  

55 minutes ago, HouTex said:

I agree that mashed potatoes are better with brown gravy.  

This Is The Way GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

I'm going to be in Long Mott tonight...might look into that.

It shut down after the last hurricane. The owner got an insurance check and retired 

bubbas has excellent food 

and the taqueria in Seadrift is also very good 

5 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

That gravy looks awesome…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was pretty damn good.  Would’ve been better with diced fresh jalapeños that had time to lightly fry in bacon grease rather than pickled, but the acidity in the pickled added its own nice balance.   

9 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

It was pretty damn good.  Would’ve been better with diced fresh jalapeños that had time to lightly fry in bacon grease rather than pickled, but the acidity in the pickled added its own nice balance.   

Good to know.  I think Georges has the best CFS in town but Salty Dog seems to be a worthy challenger.

12 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Good to know.  I think Georges has the best CFS in town but Salty Dog seems to be a worthy challenger.

I love George’s and have a long history with them, but there are places in town that have better CFS.   George’s has been really damn good for a long time though with CFS.  

-Salty

-Griff’s

Really good in their own right are John Lilley’s and Oakley’s (ritz cracker crust is unreal) 

Edited by Trey3216

16 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I love George’s and have a long history with them, but there are places in town that have better CFS.   George’s has been really damn good for a long time though with CFS.  

-Salty

-Griff’s

Really good in their own right are John Lilley’s and Oakley’s (ritz cracker crust is unreal) 

My wife likes going to the Blue Dog next door.  Maybe next time I can convince her to get the CFS first before we go next door.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, deadshank said:

I had a chicken fried pork steak in Corrigan yesterday.  Served from a steam table at a re-purposed DQ ma & pa joint.   I was leery yet hopeful.

Looked just like Plano CFS with a perfect golden brown crust.   It was finominile. 

Thanks for the tip. Will check it out. 

4 minutes ago, deadshank said:

I’ll come smack you in the giblets so you feel better 

Don’t get me wrong, I like it well enough, but…it’s just Lufkin, so it’s a wee bit backwards at times, especially for a coastal boy. 

We have a great place that we don’t plan on leaving for a while, though. At my age, the small-town vibe is just fine for me. Our overhead is low, we travel when we want, it’s a good life. It’ll do until our retirement plans are ready to launch. 

I will gladly drive to Corrigan for a worthy CFS, as well, so I am grateful for that tip  

What area are you?

1 minute ago, After irth said:

Don’t get me wrong, I like it well enough, but…it’s just Lufkin, so it’s a wee bit backwards at times, especially for a coastal boy. 

We have a great place that we don’t plan on leaving for a while, though. At my age, the small-town vibe is just fine for me. Our overhead is low, we travel when we want, it’s a good life. It’ll do until our retirement plans are ready to launch. 

I will gladly drive to Corrigan for a worthy CFS, as well, so I am grateful for that tip  

What area are you?

Houston

On 6/17/2022 at 10:48 PM, DalTxHornFan said:

I'm old enough to remember when all of the little old ladies were jealous/critical of each other's food offerings at the church pot luck luncheons.  Now this activity has evolved to occurring on a football message board.  Times change.

They let us cook now, we let them vote now. Shit's borked.

Man.....hardly a day goes by that I don't miss the saddleblanket CFS at the Brush Country Inn in Riviera.  Covered an entire oval platter.  Fries underneath.  Side salad, with a dressing tree brought to the table.  Two slices of Texas toast.  Eat half for lunch, then save the other half for cold CFS sammich on Texas toast while fishing the next day.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Man.....hardly a day goes by that I don't miss the saddleblanket CFS at the Brush Country Inn in Riviera.  Covered an entire oval platter.  Fries underneath.  Side salad, with a dressing tree brought to the table.  Two slices of Texas toast.  Eat half for lunch, then save the other half for cold CFS sammich on Texas toast while fishing the next day.

Yep. 

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Robin Williams Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll be impressed if anyone else remembers this one …..

Hungry Jack’s in Victoria 

The chicken fried was very good but the gravy was next level. Yellow / golden colored and full of flavor. Back in the old Victoria days, hungry jacks was the only place in town to get appetizers. Their bar was always hopping too 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...