Mysterious Deaths in Austin?

Eskimohorn

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

good.  the scooter-riding population should be culled. 

"Cull" means to select a few (usually the least desired or most inferior) from a large number. When you cull a herd of cows, you remove the ones you don't want.

I think the word you are looking for is "exterminated".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

"Cull" means to select a few (usually the least desired or most inferior) from a large number. When you cull a herd of cows, you remove the ones you don't want.

extermination is strong rhetoric but I’m on board. 

14 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Not a lot to disagree with in this post.

But it also reminds me of how the word decimated is now used to mean roughly the same thing as annihilated even though its actual original meaning was to kill every tenth soldier (so only 10% of a population).

Carry on.

Edited by Huckleberry

1 hour ago, phdhorn said:

Dozens of people are dying every day in Austin!  

I saw last night on NBC (national) news where a vet shot himself / committed suicide last week in the VA hospital off of Riverside.   In front of a lot of patients. 

And the story went on to detail how 20 vets a day are committing suicide in the United States.   A day.   

Yes, tar and feather for a thread derail but my jaw really dropped when I heard that number. 

48 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

I saw last night on NBC (national) news where a vet shot himself / committed suicide last week in the VA hospital off of Riverside.   In front of a lot of patients. 

And the story went on to detail how 20 vets a day are committing suicide in the United States.   A day.   

Yes, tar and feather for a thread derail but my jaw really dropped when I heard that number. 

Not really that surprising if you think about it. How much would you love your job if one of your primary responsibilities including killing your clients' best friend in front of them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

But it also reminds me of how the word decimated is now used to mean roughly the same thing as annihilated even though its actual original meaning was to kill every tenth soldier (so only 10% of a population).

Carry on.

62945_normal.jpg?1538432418

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Carry on.

themoreyouknow.gif

Here’s a link from last year -https://www.kvue.com/mobile/article/news/local/a-late-night-out-3-disappearances-and-3-bodies-recovered-in-austins-lakes-rivers/269-618629961

Off 360, a women’s body was discovered yards away from her stalled vehicle. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiQ6d7q59fhAhVBOKwKHXo3A00QzPwBegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.kvue.com%2Farticle%2Fnews%2Flocal%2Faustin-womans-death-ruled-undetermined-after-her-body-was-found-near-loop-360%2F269-626201618&psig=AOvVaw0dtXC2H2dbvuPsdo8pVQWO&ust=1555613988369807

In my neighborhood, a woman was murdered several years. Austin police ruled that there was no public threat (because they suspected the soon to be ex-husband). Turns out it was two dudes that did yardwork and scoped out her house. They had targeted an elderly couple as well.

People die all the time. But the causes all seem suspicious. Yet, the police deny this. Havent seen these types of random deaths of tourists and citizens ever before.

Reddit thread - https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj7zp3D6tfhAhUMLKwKHbT1AdgQzPwBegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2FAustin%2Fcomments%2Fa7bgrk%2Fkxan_graphic_showing_locationsdates_of_bodies%2F&psig=AOvVaw2bXAuU9jEqOziycdKrmL3k&ust=1555614710822990

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Nothing wrong with 'cull' in this context; the scooter-riders are the ones we want to cull from the general population. Exterminated works too, of course.

35 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Pretty sure Dr Suzanne Black is the culprit.

I was riding home from the airport early this AM and noticed that someone painted “Beto has herpes” on the Enfield underpass of Mopac. Almost spit out my beer.  What a strange thing to say and what a strange and hilarious way to say it  

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Pretty sure Dr Suzanne Black is the culprit.

That's how they get you. You stand there trying to read that scribble, and next thing you know you've got a bag over your head and a one way trip booked to Lady Bird Lake.