Your unpopular food opinions

Parliament

23 hours ago, Deej said:

Mom filled an ice cube tray with Kool Aid, covered it in Saran Wrap, and put toothpicks through it. Ghetto-sicles 

Those were especially good at my aunt's house, but you had to make sure to refill the tray after you took one, so she didn't notice that one of her Everclear-soaked popsicles was missing. How she never caught on that we knew, I dunno.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Those were especially good at my aunt's house, but you had to make sure to refill the tray after you took one, so she didn't notice that one of her Everclear-soaked popsicles was missing. How she never caught on that we knew, I dunno.

ethanol doesn't freeze until -175 so if they were solid they weren't soaked with anything.  the alcohol evaporated off.

Edited by elfenix

This might sting...
Chicken Wings are the trailer trash of food. People don’t want to taste chicken, they want candy coated ranch pops to induce a diabetic coma. 

Went for wings last night and finally admitted I don’t like them. Unless they’re smoked with a dry rub, I don’t want them.

Speaking of shitty OJ from yesteryear...
In college a buddy of mine was trying to have a girl over for a romantic date...  So we cleared out to let him have the place to himself for the evening.  Arriving home, we asked him how his date went...  He said it didn't go well, but on the bright side we had some leftovers.  It was some receipt he had found ...  Tang Chicken and it was horrible.  You could clearly see the Tang crystals on the outside the chicken.  I still give him shit about the Chicken of Astronauts.
/csb

Probably hoping for putang chicken.

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I'd rather have a tuna sandwich than pork ribs. Beef ribs are good; pork ribs taste like poverty and regret.

WOW.  I have to respect this post for pushing the limits of this thread's purpose. 

Agree on the beef rib portion though, they're delicious, too.

23 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Yes, and I stand by the stance despite its presence in the holy trinity. 

Raw, it conveys no flavor and is stringy. Cooked, it turns to mush easily. Basically iceberg lettuce in a different shape.

Well,  a couple hundred years of the world’s best chefs- both classically trained and self -taught Cajuns can all agree that yes- your opinion on celery is indeed unpopular 

16 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

If it's the right goddamned burger, you're goddamned right. I want a scorpion right now, as a matter of fact.

o.jpg

i want that.  where is that from?

regarding ribs, baby backs are the way to go for pork, the rest are wholly inferior

• Like 1