Your unpopular food opinions

Parliament

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

For people who don't like coffee buy a bag of medium or light roast from La Columbe online and try that. I hated coffee my whole life and discovered it's because all the garbage you buy at the grocery store or restaurants/Starbucks is burnt, low quality shit. Then I tried making some really high quality single origin sourced coffee in a light roast and with just a splash of milk/half and half it's great. 

Interesting thing to note about coffee, and the dark roasted crap people drink because they think it's "strong":  the more it's roasted, the weaker it gets. Light or medium roast coffee gives you much more kick than the dark roast, and it doesn't single you out as a dumbass hipster.

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I’ve had one cup of coffee in my life 

incredible. 

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Interesting thing to note about coffee, and the dark roasted crap people drink because they think it's "strong":  the more it's roasted, the weaker it gets. Light or medium roast coffee gives you much more kick than the dark roast, and it doesn't single you out as a dumbass hipster.

but I like coffee with strong flavor.  quibbling about caffeine content is a fool’s errand; all coffee has enough caffeine.  dark roast from starbucks has very strong flavor so I think it’s occasionally worth it if I don’t make it at home.  been to a few hipster coffee shops that think they have good coffee and it’s just hot brown water. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Why did you want to like coffee though? I’ve had one cup of coffee in my life and there was booze in it. Seems like something else to spend money on. 

Good quality coffee with just as splash of milk added that doesn't need all the sugar to make it edible is actually very good for you. High in antioxidants and a healthy way to get a little energy boost and curb hunger. Now I have half a cup in the morning for breakfast with a few pieces of fruit every day and it cut down my daily calorie intake

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Per bean this is true, but dark roasted beans have less mass so there are more of them used when brewing. The caffeine count is basically equal

7 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Good quality coffee with just as splash of milk added that doesn't need all the sugar to make it edible is actually very good for you. High in antioxidants and a healthy way to get a little energy boost and curb hunger. Now I have half a cup in the morning for breakfast with a few pieces of fruit every day and it cut down my daily calorie intake

Good quality coffee doesn’t need the splash of milk either.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sheeit, I posted my dream popsicle.  I got these:

008.jpg

Except I don't think we even got the name brand.  Some cheap-ass mexican knockoffs.  Like "Otro Pops."

Mom filled an ice cube tray with Kool Aid, covered it in Saran Wrap, and put toothpicks through it. Ghetto-sicles 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Deej said:

Mom filled an ice cube tray with Kool Aid, covered it in Saran Wrap, and put toothpicks through it. Ghetto-sicles 

It wasn't ghetto with no high falootin Kool Aid.  Now if you threw down with some Flava-Aid, then you had something

• Like 3

On 5/6/2019 at 10:54 PM, Longhornmaniac8 said:

Other unpopular opinions I have:

-I think In-N-Out's burgers are better than Whataburger's if we're comparing apples to apples. Fries are always disappointing, though.

-Mustard sucks as a condiment.

-Chipotle is better than Freebirds.

-Crawfish boils are boring, and crawfish aren't worth the trouble.

-Chili doesn't interest me, with or without beans.

Good lord.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I got those. But made with shitty 1970s OJ from concentrate.

Speaking of shitty OJ from yesteryear...

In college a buddy of mine was trying to have a girl over for a romantic date...  So we cleared out to let him have the place to himself for the evening.  Arriving home, we asked him how his date went...  He said it didn't go well, but on the bright side we had some leftovers.  It was some receipt he had found ...  Tang Chicken and it was horrible.  You could clearly see the Tang crystals on the outside the chicken.  I still give him shit about the Chicken of Astronauts.

/csb

On 5/6/2019 at 4:54 PM, Longhornmaniac8 said:

Other unpopular opinions I have:

-I think In-N-Out's burgers are better than Whataburger's if we're comparing apples to apples. Fries are always disappointing, though.

-Mustard sucks as a condiment.

-Chipotle is better than Freebirds.

-Crawfish boils are boring, and crawfish aren't worth the trouble.

-Chili doesn't interest me, with or without beans.

blink 182 wtf GIF by Justin

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/10/2019 at 1:06 PM, Junior Miller said:

Truly Authentic Chinese food sucks ass. Give me General Tso's and Szechuan Chicken all day. 

Spoken like someone who's never had good xiaolongtanbao. Which is, of course, mana from God.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Sheeit, I posted my dream popsicle.  I got these:

008.jpg

Except I don't think we even got the name brand.  Some cheap-ass mexican knockoffs.  Like "Otro Pops."

The red green and blue were the tits with green the best. I kept hoping they'd release packages with nothing but the green. 

The purple was the worst because it tasted just like Dimetapp. 

Edited by Junior Miller