Your unpopular food opinions

Parliament

Make your own ranch with a packet, it takes 5 seconds.

I think ordering a steak out is silly 80% of the time. Most competent people can make something comparable with minimal practice/one read through the steak thread here. The same can’t be said for a lot of other dishes.

Guest Lobo
1 hour ago, shnsajax said:

Wing Stop has my favorite ranch. Probably the best thing about the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the secret recipe and I can make you president of your sorority chapter by next semester

Edited by Lobo

My beer taste may be stuck in 1993, but I have no problem saying that a plain ol' American Amber Ale is as good as it gets.  Full Sail, Anderson Valley Boont, Sam Adams Boston Ale, Creature Comforts Reclaimed Rye - could drink nothing but those and be happy.  No need for the super hopped-up stuff.

20 hours ago, zlavydra said:

My beer taste may be stuck in 1993, but I have no problem saying that a plain ol' American Amber Ale is as good as it gets.  Full Sail, Anderson Valley Boont, Sam Adams Boston Ale, Creature Comforts Reclaimed Rye - could drink nothing but those and be happy.  No need for the super hopped-up stuff.

Sam Adams Boston Ale has always been a relatively underrated beer.  Not a huge Sam Adams guy, but I've enjoyed that one a few times.

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:
46 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:
large_d14fca62-7446-4025-99e9-0cfdbfd65974.JPG
This variety is damn solid.
Also a fan of this (as a dip/condiment, not a dressing)
GUEST_d7077b0e-b371-4fb1-a6a7-1324ca8ff90b?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg

How good is dean's with old Dutch potato chips?

It's too damn early to be as hungry as you're making me.

However, as much as I love Old Dutch, you can't beat Dean's + these:

91749-ridge-cut-potato-chips.jpg

It's critical to have the right ratio of icing to cake.  A little bit goes a long ways.  Too often nowadays cakes/cupcakes are slathered with an inch of frosting.  No one over the age of 10 wants that shit, unless it's coconut pecan frosting on a German Chocolate cake.

• Like 4

On 5/8/2019 at 7:42 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

GUEST_d7077b0e-b371-4fb1-a6a7-1324ca8ff9

i used to get dean's until i bought helluva good.  that stuff is legit. 

bulk ingredients in dean's: skim milk, whey (milk), palm oil, water,

bulk ingredients in helluva good: CULTURED PASTEURIZED MILK, CREAM AND NONFAT MILK,

1 hour ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Pterry's is not good.  Taco Ranch is worse.

I'd take a P Terry's burger and chocolate shake over damn near any other quick service establishment in Texas.  That's one of the things I miss most from Austin, and I'm sure to stop there at least once every month or so when I stop by.  The only knock on them is the drive-thru only locations.  How the fuck am I supposed to eat a greasy burger in my car?

The first time I had P Terry's was years ago not long after the one on Barton springs. I went through the drive thru and then parked over by Butler pitch n putt to eat. Homeless dude walks up asking for money. I said nope, but you're welcome to these (nasty) fries if you're hungry. He asked if they were from P Terry's. Yep. He says no thanks and walked away. Csb.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Chicken fried steak should have yellow gravy and should be ordered at The Stallion.

I am equal opportunity and like pretty much any gravy with CFS.  If forced to choose, I would choose gravy spiked with jalapeño or green Chile.

Hopdoddys sucks ass. 

Five Guys is the most ridiculously expensive overrated garbage burger. 

Truly Authentic Chinese food sucks ass. Give me General Tso's and Szechuan Chicken all day. 

Thai is the best Asian food

Saltgrass is overrated over priced and mediocre (except for one thing - Range Rattlers)

Pappadeaux used to be great but has jacked it's prices up by like 70 percent over the last 8 years and now is just laughably over priced. 

Indian food is the worst food. Smells the worst too. 

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

Hopdoddys sucks ass. 

Five Guys is the most ridiculously expensive overrated garbage burger. 

Truly Authentic Chinese food sucks ass. Give me General Tso's and Szechuan Chicken all day. 

Thai is the best Asian food

Saltgrass is overrated over priced and mediocre (except for one thing - Range Rattlers)

Pappadeaux used to be great but has jacked it's prices up by like 70 percent over the last 8 years and now is just laughably over priced. 

Indian food is the worst food. Smells the worst too. 

I would LOVE to see what group you hang out with that necessitates you EVER needing to defend your opinion about fucking Saltgrass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

I don't really hear any one praise Saltgrass to where it would be overrated. It's your typical chain restaurant quality food. Nothing special about it at all. I ate there last year for Mother's on a family gathering and it was pretty meh. Texas Roadhouse is much better.

For people who don't like coffee buy a bag of medium or light roast from La Columbe online and try that. I hated coffee my whole life and discovered it's because all the garbage you buy at the grocery store or restaurants/Starbucks is burnt, low quality shit. Then I tried making some really high quality single origin sourced coffee in a light roast and with just a splash of milk/half and half it's great.