Your unpopular food opinions

Parliament

Just now, Okie State said:

Sometimes I wonder if people realize there are more styles of beer than just IPA's. Always seeing those referenced by people who prefer Macros.

But @Johnny Sack is right that macros are more enjoyable than an IPA. I don't drink enough to ever have one of either, but if I did it would be a macro. The few times a year that I do drink I end up with a micro stout.

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Taco Bell is one of those things where you can recognize it for what it is, and isn't.  It is not quality of food any kind.  It does, however, taste fine, especially when you're drunk or stoned.  And it's very cheap.

The downside is (at least I do) that you tend to feel like complete death within an hour of ingesting it, and it's probably pretty much poison.

Just about everything on the menu is a form of ball park nachos with crappy taco meat. 

NTTAWWT

14 minutes ago, Okie State said:

Oh, I totally get why people don't like IPA's. Just not sure why they've become synonymous with all craft beer.

Because they are the easiest to make and every shit micro brewer in the country has at least one.  And they all suck. More hops isn't the answer. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, pops said:

Because they are the easiest to make and every shit micro brewer in the country has at least one.  And they all suck. More hops isn't the answer. 

Not if they're going to be any good at all.

I've seen a lot of terrible breweries manage to not fuck up things like stouts or cream ales, but be completely incapable of making a good hoppy beer.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

The parenting failure isn’t that Lil’ Brisket wanted to go to McD’s in Paris, it’s that he ordered the Filet O Fish. 

That boy fucking LOVES him some seafood.  Yesterday as a snack, he picked up some Trader Joe's tuna burgers, and ate two of those.  Then, I had some snapper filets that I cooked for dinner the next night (had to cook them, was going to put them in the fridge).  Nope, he ate two.  Dude will eat all the fish.  During lent, when everyone has their fish sammich specials on, he's in heaven.  The last couple of months, he's had the 2 for $5 sammich deal from McDonalds, Arby's, and at least a couple of other places.

He is who he is - if seafood is on the menu, that's what he's getting.

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That boy fucking LOVES him some seafood.  Yesterday as a snack, he picked up some Trader Joe's tuna burgers, and ate two of those.  Then, I had some snapper filets that I cooked for dinner the next night (had to cook them, was going to put them in the fridge).  Nope, he ate two.  Dude will eat all the fish.  During lent, when everyone has their fish sammich specials on, he's in heaven.  The last couple of months, he's had the 2 for $5 sammich deal from McDonalds, Arby's, and at least a couple of other places.

He is who he is - if seafood is on the menu, that's what he's getting.

We’re gonna have to agree to disagree on the definition of seafood.  Trader Joe’s tuna burgers make the cut, the FoF does not.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TXs said:

Sometimes I dont mind Ketchup or Mayo on a hotdog over mustard

15 hours ago, pops said:

That's because ketchup and mayo on a dog are better than mustard. Every time. 

Move back to the soviet union, you fucks.  

On 4/24/2019 at 9:40 PM, Dbeasy said:

Cilantro ruins almost everything.

On 4/24/2019 at 10:35 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

not unpopular. i try to get the cilantro bites out of the way first

On 4/24/2019 at 10:55 PM, d.plainview872 said:

The culinary world would be superior without salt, onions, cilantro, and vinegar.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Okie State said:

Oh, I totally get why people don't like IPA's. Just not sure why they've become synonymous with all craft beer.

because after we went decades with having "tripled hopped" (meaning, there's exactly 3 hop buds in the entire ginormous fucking tank) meeller lite, we went entirely (and too far) in the opposite direction. 

• Like 1

Might as well put my unpopular opinion out there:

I don't like cheese. I don't like the taste, the consistency of it, the smell or how it looks. Mac 'n cheese is disgusting. I've never tried queso because I can't get past the smell. It makes me want to throw up just thinking about the smell of it. I'll never eat a cheeseburger. I'll never eat lasagna. I'll never eat quesadillas and I'm completely ok with that. I'm used to the odd looks and the 'what? how can you not like cheese?' questions I always get. 

American cheese is some of the worst smelling shit ever created. Blue cheese is a close second. 

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And that's where we were, the 14 yr old didn't "make" me do anything.  It was much closer to "hey, we're walking by a McDonalds [it's amazing how many there actually are in Paris], I need a snack."  This was at a stage where he was eating 6-7 "meals" a day.  In Berlin, he grabbed a wurst from a street vendor every time we saw one.  In Austria, he grabbed snacks from bakeries.  Mostly, we just shoved 8,000+ calories a day in him.  And yeah....he DID enjoy getting a rise out of me by asking for McDonald's.  In Paris.  It was kinda the whole gag.

Those street wursts are delicious. I'd get one every time, too. 

27 minutes ago, Jograves said:

Might as well put my unpopular opinion out there:

I don't like cheese. I don't like the taste, the consistency of it, the smell or how it looks. Mac 'n cheese is disgusting. I've never tried queso because I can't get past the smell. It makes me want to throw up just thinking about the smell of it. I'll never eat a cheeseburger. I'll never eat lasagna. I'll never eat quesadillas and I'm completely ok with that. I'm used to the odd looks and the 'what? how can you not like cheese?' questions I always get. 

American cheese is some of the worst smelling shit ever created. Blue cheese is a close second. 

I'm with you on some of this. But what about pizza?

4 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

I'm with you on some of this. But what about pizza?

Kind of depends on the ratio of other toppings to the cheese. I won't eat a plain cheese pizza, but if it's a works or supreme and the cheese is light, I'll eat a couple of slices. My gf and I order a works with easy cheese occasionally, but we just don't get it very often.

I'm not a dick about it though, and I don't make my issue everyone else's. If I go to watch a game at someone's house or something and all they have is pizza, I'll try and find a slice without much cheese or I'll pass. 

44 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Also, apparently appropriate in this thread, cheese in sausage is disgusting.  Japs are ok, but the cheese adds a cloying element that, IMO, is gross.

I love cheese.  I love sausage.  I even enjoy smoked sausage and a slice of cheese on a cracker.  

cheese inside sausage is an abomination. 

31 minutes ago, Jograves said:

Kind of depends on the ratio of other toppings to the cheese. I won't eat a plain cheese pizza, but if it's a works or supreme and the cheese is light, I'll eat a couple of slices. My gf and I order a works with easy cheese occasionally, but we just don't get it very often.

I'm not a dick about it though, and I don't make my issue everyone else's. If I go to watch a game at someone's house or something and all they have is pizza, I'll try and find a slice without much cheese or I'll pass. 

We learned earlier in this thread that supreme pizza is bullshit, though. Or something. 

3 hours ago, pops said:

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Not if they're going to be any good at all.

I've seen a lot of terrible breweries manage to not fuck up things like stouts or cream ales, but be completely incapable of making a good hoppy beer.

Agree with Al here. Stouts are much easier to make than IPAs. Because there's so much strong malt flavor, you really have to try to fuck up a stout. Some are definitely better than others, but aside from an infection or getting too cute with some seasonal spice, it's still going to be drinkable.

OTOH, IPAs can go south quickly as there's more nuance involved in balancing humulones and lupulones. But I suppose if you're only goal is to make it bitter af, then, yeah, it's not that difficult.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hate said:

Beer is overrated. I might drink a six pack a year. I might have a beer when I eat Mexican food, but that’s about it. I never even get beer at sporting events.

Same. I prefer whiskey or even wine to beer. Two beers and I'm bloated AF and feel miserable. I just went through my outside fridge and threw away a bunch of random beers from a Christmas Party two years ago. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, futureman said:

I love cheese.  I love sausage.  I even enjoy smoked sausage and a slice of cheese on a cracker.  

cheese inside sausage is an abomination. 

I was of that opinion until I had the bacon cheddar version of these:

brats.jpg

Beer is overrated. I might drink a six pack a year. I might have a beer when I eat Mexican food, but that’s about it. I never even get beer at sporting events.

I mostly agree. I mean, I like a lot of them, but hardly drink it. I will go through phases where I might pick up a couple six packs, then not drink any for months. I never, ever buy beer st sporting events.

I like blowing y’all minds with the fact that I didn’t have any alcohols in college. In fact I didn’t have a drop of it between 17 and 30 years old.
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I mostly agree. I mean, I like a lot of them, but hardly drink it. I will go through phases where I might pick up a couple six packs, then not drink any for months. I never, ever buy beer st sporting events.

I like blowing y’all minds with the fact that I didn’t have any alcohols in college. In fact I didn’t have a drop of it between 17 and 30 years old.

I don't mind beer, but I rarely drink it.  I did drink more than enough of my share during my teens and twenties though.

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Same. I prefer whiskey or even wine to beer. Two beers and I'm bloated AF and feel miserable. I just went through my outside fridge and threw away a bunch of random beers from a Christmas Party two years ago. 

This is exactly right.  And I really don't like tap beer.  Every place you get a particular kind of beer, say Dos Equis, it taste different.  If and when I do get a beer while I'm out, it will be from a bottle, but even that is very rare. 

Edited by Hate