Your unpopular food opinions

Parliament

On 4/23/2019 at 12:01 PM, Smax said:

Really?

Steak au poivre or sauce bearnaise doesnt ring any bells.

Probably the 2 most common ways a filet is served in any decent steakhouse or restaurant, or the chain driven wrapped in bacon.

I can dig a filet from time to time but due to how lean it is it lacks the flavor of a rib eye and strip

Not sure what kind of sizzler bonanza salt grass shit you’re eating at, but every good restaurant that serves those steak toppings has it available as an add-on to any of their steaks...not just the filets.  You should should try a “decent steakhouse” sometime

13 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Not sure what kind of sizzler bonanza salt grass shit you’re eating at, but every good restaurant that serves those steak toppings has it available as an add-on to any of their steaks...not just the filets.  You should should try a “decent steakhouse” sometime

Ive eaten at more decent steakhouse with bills more then your mortgage then youve had whataburger

On 4/26/2019 at 11:57 AM, Ollie Slatt said:

After reading the most overrated restaurants in Austin thread, I realized some of my food opinions may be unpopular.  Here goes: 

- breakfast tacos are better with a strip of bacon (not pieces) and should have re-fried beans

- The influx of "Californians" to Austin is making the food better -- not worse

- y mas is the most overrated restaurant in Austin (at least by Surly) 

Bean/bacon  bean/egg bean/cheese are fucking awesome tacos

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 1:52 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Uhhh Chicken Fried Steak isn’t made with some prime cut of steak...it’s cube steak typically sourced from the round (you know the ass end of the cow)

This.  Just like brisket and fajitas it is about making a poor cut of meat tender and delicious.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

On 4/25/2019 at 10:35 AM, utee94 said:

There'a a certain percentage of the population with weird, mutated taste buds, that perceive the flavor of cilantro as soap.

I pity those sad losers.  Fat, drunk, stupid, and tasting cilantro incorrectly is no way to go through life, son.

It is just under 20% of Caucasians and is related to the OR6A2 gene and how that gene affects taste receptors. http://mentalfloss.com/article/91060/why-does-cilantro-taste-soap-some-people

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 7:47 PM, spystud13 said:

Someone find their sales figures, have a feeling Nacho Cheese would be blisteringly far ahead. 

"Cool ranch is not distributed globally. Nacho is. Even North America alone, it isn't close."

From my buddy who is a VP at Frito. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pops said:

Tell his lousy ass I want BBQ Frito's back!  And no, motherfucker, Honey BBQ Fritos are NOT nearly as good.  People should have lost their jobs over that travesty!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

maple syrup is disgusting in every respect and people who put it on meat (fried chicken, dip their bacon or ham or breakfast sausage in it, etc) should be executed on the spot 

Real maple syrup is fantastic. Most of what you get now is maple flavored corn syrup, and it is disgusting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

maple syrup is disgusting in every respect and people who put it on meat (fried chicken, dip their bacon or ham or breakfast sausage in it, etc) should be executed on the spot 

Yep. I don't care it is right out of the tree boiled up fresh in a shed out back. Maple is a horribe flavor. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pops said:

"Cool ranch is not distributed globally. Nacho is. Even North America alone, it isn't close."

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Deej said:

Real maple syrup is fantastic. Most of what you get now is maple flavored corn syrup, and it is disgusting.

You can buy real maple syrup at Costco, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods and probably just about every chain grocery store in Texas, including HEB when it's open.

7 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

In a thread overflowing with wrong, the wrongness of your post stands out like no other.  Congrats -- that's what this thread is for.      

On 4/25/2019 at 12:16 PM, TheStoicPaisano said:

Five Guys is assmydude, especially at their price point. Burgers are average and not even the Cajun dust can save their limpdick fries.

Skip the burger at Five Guys and go for the dog. They slice it lengthwise and grill it on the flat grill. Then you add all of the sauteed onions, japs, mushrooms, etc.

I just had my annual Five Guys hot dog last week.

24 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Butter Pecan syrup for this guy(Ihop). 

Poutine is delicious. 

I make no apologies for liking wings, 5 guys, Torchy's, etc...

With you on the Butter Pecan.

Your other opinions relegate you to being white trash with long greasy hair.