[Surly Official Firing Squad] Get David Pierce The Fuck Outta Here

Yama Yak Yachtzi

Did Patty Gasso not get the special memo that you can’t do Bible studies at public universities? Bc she runs that OU softball program like it’s a church and they seem to win 

37 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Did Patty Gasso not get the special memo that you can’t do Bible studies at public universities? Bc she runs that OU softball program like it’s a church and they seem to win 

watching the press conferences of her teams from the wcws was wild. it was like watching a cult be interviewed. every single player basically credited god and jesus and faith for their unbelievable success. every answer to every question was about faith and jesus and god. it was very strange to watch.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

watching the press conferences of her teams from the wcws was wild. it was like watching a cult be interviewed. every single player basically credited god and jesus and faith for their unbelievable success. every answer to every question was about faith and jesus and god. it was very strange to watch.

Who cares. Just win baby

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

i mean yeah, whatever works, but it was till strange to watch. imagine if the entire thing were the same only instead of jesus and the bible it was allah and the qoran. i know that for most of y’all out there this would make it a wildly different situation, but to the secular world it’s the exact same thing, making it a very odd and almost cult-like thing to watch.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

It’s wild but can’t deny 1400+ wins and 7 titles. Whatever she’s doing is working. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

i mean yeah, whatever works, but it was till strange to watch. imagine if the entire thing were the same only instead of jesus and the bible it was allah and the qoran. i know that for most of y’all out there this would make it a wildly different situation, but to the secular world it’s the exact same thing, making it a very odd and almost cult-like thing to watch.

I mean as long as they are good people who cares.  players do that stuff all the time in interviews "first I'd like to thank gawd...". 

but interestingly, to your point, I wonder how the 72 virgins thing would work for a womens softball team.

• Haha 1

During OTF this morning they were talking about Eddie Reese handing over the reigns to the current national championship coach from Arizona St in S&D after he just won Saturday. Gerry had a peculiar comment about Clemson needing to watch their backs with baseball or some sort.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/2/2024 at 10:40 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

During OTF this morning they were talking about Eddie Reese handing over the reigns to the current national championship coach from Arizona St in S&D after he just won Saturday. Gerry had a peculiar comment about Clemson needing to watch their backs with baseball or some sort.

D498EB05-F788-4BFD-BFC1-8EF4CEA3A734.gif

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Lost to byu at home tonight...  

giphy.gif

Johnson needs to SIT, and IDGAF if it hurts his feelings. Maybe he'll portal somewhere to get that "Texas-hatred" to be focused enough when he pitches to actually pitch like he gives a damn -- or the jihad thing: only competes hard when he pitches against Texas.

If Pierce wants to ride starting-Johnson all the way to getting fired, let him. Pierce needs to be fired anyway.

10 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Johnson needs to SIT

I would not do that.  Move him to Sunday.   Because that's what he is.   Your third best starter.  The only other viable candidates to start weekends are Boehm and Hurley.   Hurley is worse than LBJ.  Boehm is a no go because then you are relying on Duplantier to close out games.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I would not do that.  Move him to Sunday.   Because that's what he is.   Your third best starter.  

He also needs a shorter leash. I think Pierce is afraid to yank his Friday guy so early when he gets in trouble, but it's a lot easier to do that on Sundays. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Johnson needs to SIT, and IDGAF if it hurts his feelings. Maybe he'll portal somewhere to get that "Texas-hatred" to be focused enough when he pitches to actually pitch like he gives a damn -- or the jihad thing: only competes hard when he pitches against Texas.

If Pierce wants to ride starting-Johnson all the way to getting fired, let him. Pierce needs to be fired anyway.

Yea no. 
First off he won’t be portaling anywhere. He’s going to be pitching in the minors next year. 
Second, there’s no other options for a starter. He can still have games where he’s on and wins them by himself.

On 3/29/2024 at 6:34 PM, dcar00 said:

I mean as long as they are good people who cares.  players do that stuff all the time in interviews "first I'd like to thank gawd...". 

but interestingly, to your point, I wonder how the 72 virgins thing would work for a womens softball team.

Probably just fine based on how much pussy my wife slayed in college.

Feel like this thread is appropriate for this discussion, so I’ll ask. If CDC pulls the trigger at the end of the year, who are your top 3? Just curious to see what other people are thinking

For me it’s: 

1. Tony Vitello

2. Rob Vaughn

3. Wes Johnson

5 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Feel like this thread is appropriate for this discussion, so I’ll ask. If CDC pulls the trigger at the end of the year, who are your top 3? Just curious to see what other people are thinking

For me it’s: 

1. Tony Vitello

2. Rob Vaughn

3. Wes Johnson

One of those is not like the others. Why Wes Johnson? Genuinely curious

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

One of those is not like the others. Why Wes Johnson? Genuinely curious

I like his track record as a pitching coach, success on the mound has followed him everywhere he has been. He is more of a change of pace addition as he is 52 years old. He is more of a shot in the dark hire of the 3 for sure.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Bakich

Canham

I’ll add O’Connor at Virginia to this list. Pretty good resumè and who knows what the ACC is going to turn in to over the next few years.

Edit: also the odds are high that they give Pierce 1more year to fix this. 

Edited by Levi

3 minutes ago, Levi said:

O’Connor could be comfortable where he’s at but I would at least try. He’s only 52 as well. 

O'Connor is good to, my list was also centered around guys that I feel like would have no problem leaving their current situation. Anything is possibly but I have a hard time seeing O'Connor just up and leaving a place he has been 20 years.

On 3/29/2024 at 1:21 PM, shadow_operative said:

For some there is nothing strange about it.

Posted (edited)

If accumulating talent is your goal and playing an exciting brand of baseball, Vitello is your guy. Players love playing for him, opposing fans can’t stand him. Not like opposing fans like us anyway.

Vitello doesn’t get too deep in the weeds in the on-field stuff. Rumor is that Frank Anderson does a lot of the heavy lifting on that staff while Vitello just recruits his ass off. Biggest drawback with him is I think he runs into issues in the postseason with his style of play (1-4 at the CWS in two trips, lost as the #1 seed to ND in 2022 in a home super regional).

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

If accumulating talent is your goal and playing an exciting brand of baseball, Vitello is your guy. Players love playing for him, opposing fans can’t stand him. Not like opposing fans like us anyway.

Vitello doesn’t get too deep in the weeds in the on-field stuff. Rumor is that Frank Anderson does a lot of the heavy lifting on that staff while Vitello just recruits his ass off.

Frank has been around a lot of great baseball minds, when Vitello got hired it sorta stuck out to me that he would want to hang around with a 37/38 year old 1st year HC and rebuild an SEC doormat that hadn't been to the NCAA Tournament in 15 years. Certainly opinion, but you could argue he has done the best coaching job of anybody since he took that job in 2018.

Frank is 65 but he is one of the best in the business and would just be an added bonus if Vitello is the direction CDC goes. Plus he is going to ride out the rest of his days as an assistant so you have stability on that front.

38 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

The thread title here is an embarrassment to UT humanity. I’ve been calling for the midget to get canned since last year.

Update the fucking title to be accurate

It's actually retarded. The men's basketball coach has a "fire x" thread going after winning four tournament games in two seasons. 

46 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

The thread title here is an embarrassment to UT humanity. I’ve been calling for the midget to get canned since last year.

Update the fucking title to be accurate

Regarded title is regarded.  Lulz.

• immamac changed the title to [Surly Official Firing Squad] Get David Pierce The Fuck Outta Here