impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

2 hours ago, LonghornJudas said:

The people calling in (Alabama) are just so fucking dumb when it comes to this stuff. I don't want to see any President impeached, but when you have clear testimony pointing towards these offenses, you have to let the partisanship go and do what's right. You'd gain a lot more credibility by being willing to sacrifice your own for the betterment of the country.

They don't play chess, they don't understand making sacrifices to improve your overall position.

They aren't even playing checkers - they are playing tic-tac-toe.

59 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Tacking on to my speculation about a censure vote, I could see where the Dems made a deal with Republicans.  End the hearings, get to the Senate, censure Trump, move on.  I could Pelosi cashing in the chips, particularly if it includes a decent percentage of the Republicans agreeing that Trump is full of shit.  

They better fucking not.  Have they not learned by now that those fucking traitors will never live up to their end of a deal?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Holmes is no slouch himself

These two witnesses are phenomenal.  I find myself wishing that Schiff would extend the 45-minute periods a few more times just so I can listen to them disembowel Nunes and Castor all afternoon.

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Holmes is no slouch himself

Exactly, lost in Hill's awesomeness was Holmes blowing a hole in the idea that other countries were not paying their fair share. 

That whole sequence was disastrous for the gop...and they thought yesterday was bad 

Meanwhile, netanyahu coverage has superceded the hearing, because i am in Europe and they care about international news  

Notable: netanyahu is calling his being an indictment an attempted coup, and that the investigators should be investigated and that the media is treating him poorly. 

God, this world. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

The efforts to debunk the quid pro quo by the GOP is starting to seem more like the tinfoil hat "moon landing didn't happen" type conspiracy theorists than ever before.

There is a very strong correlation between those types, the Qanons, the chemtrails freaks, the Alex Jones fans, etc.

There's a reason why so many Republicans so love to buy into conspiracy theories and hoaxes.  I suppose age plays a part, but the Qanon crowd seems younger.

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

Meanwhile, netanyahu coverage has superceded the hearing, because i am in Europe and they care about international news  

Notable: netanyahu is calling his being an indictment an attempted coup, and that the investigators should be investigated and that the media is treating him poorly. 

God, this world. 

MlD8UIa_dMo1PhLGwV0KIiaJ_5JUKGvK1YXsna_-

• Like 1

Just now, Captainant said:

Well he did cover up a litany of sexual assaults at tOSU, so he's verifiably a piece of shit, aside from the obvious evidence in front of us

What I would give for a witness to answer a Jordan question with, "Well, Representative.  I was trying to show good judgement.  Say, for example, if I were in a position of authority, where I was able to protect teenage boys from a sexual predator...:"

• Like 2