Gunman attacks Dallas Federal Building

CHEF DIESEL

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Wasn't he wearing a bulletproof vest?

Reveal hidden contents

94951bd07e2ec39755636b082bf10e9e.jpg

He appears to be wearing Kevlar (level IIIa) which will stop handgun rounds but will do nothing to stop rifle rounds 

eta: and even if he were wearing level III plates, those will only stop .223 rounds, not the 7.62 a scar heavy would shoot (assuming the poster further upthread is correct about what the feds would be shooting)

Edited by Stinkpalm
Added for III plates

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The dude was white. It takes a lot more than having a ton of guns and a mask and vest to make someone suspicious enough to call 911. It's not serious, like minorities having a bbq without a permit.

rear.jpg?1499596473

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, lots to figure out there.  I've seen the US Marshals at many a Federal courthouse.  They have sidearms.  I've never seen anyone -- even in a guard booth or whatnot -- with a long gun.  That said, there are clearly shots coming from the left (seeing the impacts on the courthouse, although man, those shots are WAY WIDE of the target).  So, I'm not even sure if the shots that got him were from shooters inside the courthouse or shooters outside of the courthouse, stationed to the left.

Whatever the case.....the reaction time is incredible.  From the beginning of the incident to the end is maybe a minute?

Just out of view in that video from above is the sallyport and the spot where the FPS vehicles park - my guess was that the federal officers got out of their vehicles or ran out of sallyport and opened fire from there.  

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.7786306,-96.8015454,3a,75y,348.09h,91.26t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0aiw7Dcogu76KPV3gG97rQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Like 2

i can imagine the anti government nutjobs reactions to this.

first hearing of the shooting...

damn muslim tearists.  attacking our federal buildings and the sanctity of our freedoms.  send them all back before they attack more federal buildings!!!!

after finding out he was a dorky white anti government dude....

that brian guy was a fucking hero, standing up to the oppression of the united states government!!!  a hero died today!!!!!  fuck the government!!!!

Edited by crash_davis

2 minutes ago, Stinkpalm said:

He appears to be wearing Kevlar (level IIIa) which will stop handgun rounds but will do nothing to stop rifle rounds 

eta: and even if he were wearing level III plates, those will only stop .223 rounds, not the 7.62 a scar heavy would shoot (assuming the poster further upthread is correct about what the feds would be shooting)

Yeah, that's a good way to get smoked real quick like.  Engage dudes with SCAR level gear that know how to use it.

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

It's not in the realm of conspiracy theory to imagine they have 1-3 snipers stationed at specific locations around these building during business hours.

Probably not (I mean probably not as in I agree with you - they very well could have snipers there during the day). I think @sasquatch69 called it though. Pretty sure the guy was wearing a vest (looks like he took small arms fire - has several bruises around his torso), and from that google maps location it looks like a decently long shot, almost have to assume whoever landed the fatal shot had a rifle. 

Edited by ztejas

39 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

his facebook says he maybe was in the army.  if he learned "that" in the army, we are fucked if russian or china invades.

government bad.  me go shoot up government.  

Maybe he's from College Station, where "army" is a loosely applied term.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

If his own bullet bounced and hit his femoral that would be pretty fucking magical, and awesome.

This is probably more of a possibility than anyone thinks - considering he was firing into a bunch of metal and glass. 

Can't wait to read the report on this one. 

3 hours ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

He appears to be a 22 year old cosplay loser from Dallas. Woodrow Wilson High School grad.

Dallas Morning News reporting this is him:

https://www.facebook.com/brian.clyde.50

Looking at his FB page he has photos of his magazines used in today's attack. Rifle he used looks like a crummy low end AR that can be had for about $400 OTD.

Can someone do a screen grab for us folks that do not have Facebook? Thank you thank you very much.

1 hour ago, Uncle Nate said:

Maybe?  Possibly?  Err on the side of caution?

Are you all really advocating NOT calling 911 in this situation?  He may be the first person who saw the guy (most likely he was based on what was written above).  Yes, you all have the benefit of hindsight in this particular situation, but at the time Mr. Pulitzer didn't have that hindsight.  

Calling 911 should be the first thing any of us do, whether or not we think it would matter.

is it illegal to walk around with a gun now? i thought we had 2nd amendment rights.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

I get it.

But did the photographer know that?  I'm sorry, but if I see a guy getting out of his car heavily armed, I'm going to do what the photographer did and hide first (no shame there), but I'm going to call 911 because I don't know that anybody else knows or that authorities are going to get to him before he kills someone.  I'm sure as hell going to do that before I try and get a photograph of him.

Nate needs to take his chill pill and go nappy time... he's so gwumpy when he's sweepy...

Edited by SHOOTER12

25 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Great input.

Because all police are excellent marksmen. 

Pffffft.

Well, this is Texas where a cop once put down a baddie at 100 yards with a pistol...while holding two horses...

This wasn't NYC where 7 cops recently unloaded at close range and shot only managed to shoot two Cops. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/austin-cops-sure-shot-stopped-crazed-gunman

Holding the reins of two horses with one hand, Austin Police Sgt. Adam Johnson raised his service pistol and fired a bullseye into the target some 312 feet away.

Down went Larry McQuilliams, and so ended his rampage through the streets of the Texas capital, where he’d fired more than 100 rounds from his AK-47 and .22-caliber rifles at buildings. The shot, from Johnson’s Smith & Wesson M&P .40 pistol, hit McQuilliams square in the chest and made the 15-year-veteran the toast of gun enthusiasts around the country.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/nyregion/nypd-cop-killed.html

Seven officers opened fire toward the store — a total of 42 shots within 11 seconds, the police said. “It goes from zero to 60,” said Chief Terence Monahan, the Police Department’s highest-ranking uniformed officer.

When the barrage of gunfire ended, two men lay bleeding on the sidewalk outside the store.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uncle Nate said:

I get it.

But did the photographer know that?  I'm sorry, but if I see a guy getting out of his car heavily armed, I'm going to do what the photographer did and hide first (no shame there), but I'm going to call 911 because I don't know that anybody else knows or that authorities are going to get to him before he kills someone.  I'm sure as hell going to do that before I try and get a photograph of him.

Probably already mentioned, but that photographer has worked the courthouse quite a bit and knows that it's got plenty of armed LEOs walking around, since he would be walking around them every time he's there.    Outside of an actual police station or a Krispy Kreme, you're not going to find a higher concentration of LEOs in Dallas.

40 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Also frequently used by incels, Wall St investors and weathermen.  

June 9th is also the day the massive thunder-cell blew through Dallas, knocked down a construction crane killing one and injuring several and left 250,000+ without power for a couple of days.

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Whoa dude too soon. The photographer is still crying all the way to his Pullitzer money. 

Maybe. But the fact that the only person injured/dead being the perp means this story isn't going to be very big in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by C-Man